It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grim Ebola Prediction: Outbreak Is Unstoppable for Now, MD Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This story disappeared off Yahoo news after it was up for less than a minute. Don't wanna scare the masses
I caught the URL in my computer's history though

There is an 18 percent chance that a case of the Ebola virus will reach the United States by the end of September, according to a study published on Tuesday in PLOS Currents: Outbreaks.
Despite restrictions reducing travel in and out of the infected countries by 80 percent, the study, which analyzes global flight patterns, suggests that a case of Ebola in the U.S. is becoming increasingly harder to avoid. It also lists the chance of the virus reaching the United Kingdom between 25 and 28 percent.

The analysis also warns that if the current West African outbreak is not contained the likelihood of the virus reaching Europe and the U.S. will "increase consistently."

Ebola could reach the U.S. by the end of the month

They will be trying a new method of immunity by injecting the blood of survivors in the ill patients:

Antibodies are produced by the body's immune system to fight off harmful things like viruses. They remain in the blood ready to fight off any future infections by the same foreign substance.
Piot said it is vital to find out if the blood treatment is effective.

So far, more than 3,000 people have been infected. Last week, WHO estimated there could be another 20,000 cases before the Ebola outbreak is stopped, a figure Brown described as unfortunate but realistic.

Well, it kinda makes sense

Yahoo

"I don't believe that our traditional methods of being able to control and stop outbreaks in rural areas … is going to be effective in most of the cities," Lucey said yesterday (Sept. 3) in a discussion held at Georgetown University Law Center that was streamed online. While the World Health Organization has released a plan to stop Ebola transmission within six to nine months, "I think that this outbreak is going to go on even longer than a year," Lucey said.

Grim Ebola Prediction
I hope they figure it out and get this under control soon.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine!

Thanks for the link, regardless.

(starts digging a hole)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My question... Why on Earth haven't they stopped all air travel to these Ebola stricken countries.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidFire
My question... Why on Earth haven't they stopped all air travel to these Ebola stricken countries.

That would be racist and fear-mongering.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

What does a politically correct corpse look like?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidFire

Exactly! Even if we stop the incoming travel from Africa, what stops them from first going to Europe or other countries first and then coming here?

The travel has to be STOPPED AT THE SOURCE.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ah, good ol' Ebola. The great equalizer of yesteryear. When the rat infested tunnels deep below the aristocrats dwellings, where they dumped their holier than all excrement onto, carried the bubonic plague back up to the very people who caused it with socioeconomic inequality.

Africa looked like a great dumping ground for rich corporations who wiped out various villages to get at the oil/diamonds/etc underneath, just a few years go. I wonder if/when the plague spreads the corporate officers are going to question their past decisions?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I know this may come off a little somber, but I say bring it... Maybe this world we live in needs a nice "reset".... If I'm apart of that reset, then so be it. Not like me life is great right now anyways....

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
I know this may come off a little somber, but I say bring it... Maybe this world we live in needs a nice "reset".... If I'm apart of that reset, then so be it. Not like me life is great right now anyways....

Sorry, but I'll pass at going a round against Ebola if I can help it.

All this doom and gloom about Ebola is really exhausting, even if it does reach the U.S. I don't see it spreading far, if at all. The current epidemic couldn't be in a worse part of the world right now.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917
a reply to: VoidFire

Exactly! Even if we stop the incoming travel from Africa, what stops them from first going to Europe or other countries first and then coming here?

The travel has to be STOPPED AT THE SOURCE.

I don't think that _they_ have an effective method of decontaminating an aircraft which has transported an Ebola vector either.

I haven't heard that 'fact' mentioned once in MSM. And the airlines go right on flying

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
from OP:

There is an 18 percent chance that a case of the Ebola virus will reach the United States by the end of September,

18% chance out of what? I'm a bit confused here. Are they saying out of 100 people coming from the Ebola-stricken countries, that 18 of them can be infected? Maybe it's because I'm tired... it's not making sense.

Can someone explain this?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hey Beezer, I've already dug my hole and my head's in it now and you know which part of me is sticking straight up in the air
Arjunanda a reply to: beezzer

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Seriously??
im assuming you don't have children to say something like that.. The only thing that needs resetting in this world is all the bad people that will happily sit back and let that kind of thing happen.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

I believe that means that there is an 18% chance that an Ebola case will occur in the US this month. It's sort of like a 20% chance of rain, except, I'd rather be rained on.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I believe the US could see cases, maybe lots of them. With air traffic still zipping across the world anyone anywhere can catch it. I think this entire situation was deliberate. Just doesn't sit right.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I believe the US could see cases, maybe lots of them. With air traffic still zipping across the world anyone anywhere can catch it. I think this entire situation was deliberate. Just doesn't sit right.

Well, that's a position that can't be disproved easily, but I'm curious. Besides the powers that be, the banksters, or people like that, what country or corporation do you suspect might have done this deliberately, and why?

Could the Islamic world have done it to make their conquest of Africa easier? I don't believe that's the case, but that sort of answer is what I'm wondering about.

Got any thoughts on it?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I referenced that story here, I think, and find that story is still up.

ikonoklast has a very good reply later in the same thread.

You've got people'a responses ranging from "it'll kill us all" to "meh, ebola schmebola..."

Reading between the lines, I think it's already too late.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That is the same as my Yahoo News link? No..., it's not. That story linked in that thread is not a Yahoo link.

But ya, I agree it is too late.

Thanks for the link to your thread.

edit on 4-9-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Looks like a parallel story based on the same scieintific paper.

Bad news and confirmation of what many of us have said and continue to say regardless.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
Ah, good ol' Ebola. The great equalizer of yesteryear. When the rat infested tunnels deep below the aristocrats dwellings, where they dumped their holier than all excrement onto, carried the bubonic plague back up to the very people who caused it with socioeconomic inequality.

Africa looked like a great dumping ground for rich corporations who wiped out various villages to get at the oil/diamonds/etc underneath, just a few years go. I wonder if/when the plague spreads the corporate officers are going to question their past decisions?

S&

This is a single guy who got out of his depth justifying his horror with fear-mongering. Oh yeah, it's bad - but a concerted global effort could bring it under control.

Have you seen this btw? Sounds like you might like it.
Should Corporations Help Pay for Ebola Epidemics?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join