It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Ebola In Austria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A Nigerian woman has been hospitalized after returning from Nigeria.

So far, this is the only source I can find. Not the best since they've kept reports up that were proven to not be Ebola.

A 45-year-old woman with a suspected Ebola infection has been admitted to hospital in Vienna. The Nigerian woman was suffering a high fever and headache and had recently returned to Austria from a trip to Nigeria. She is currently being treated and tested in isolation. Blood samples have been sent to the Bernhard-Nocht Institute in Hamburg for diagnosis.

Ebola Fear In Vienna

IMO there's not enough information yet to say whether or not she has Ebola. There were other cases that tested negative for Ebola, as the RSOE report states. We'll be seeing these incidents a lot more.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Is it selfish of me to wonder why people exposed are traveling?

For example if I was in the market that the escaped patient went to in order to eat, there is no way I would go home to my family. I love them too much to take any chances.

I hope Japan's 30 min Ebola test gets to airports very quickly.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Is it selfish of me to wonder why people exposed are traveling?

For example if I was in the market that the escaped patient went to in order to eat, there is no way I would go home to my family. I love them too much to take any chances.

I hope Japan's 30 min Ebola test gets to airports very quickly.

Not at all selfish i totally wonder the same thing, i cant comprehend it myself how they can just go jump on a plane and potentionally expose hundreds of people to Ebola and be okay with that? people that can do that are the reason why this could become global, maybe worried about the Medical care in Nigeria vs Austria or something like that? But thats just selfish! Maybe she didn't know until she was back but surely one would know if they may have been exposed to Ebola or not? And if the potential is there why risk it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Agreed everyone. It seems almost incomprehensible to let possibly infected people travel. Granted it would slow queues down to a real crawl, but Ebola isn't the common cold. It's more complex, it's mutating and the risk of a worldwide infection is an all too real possibility.

Convenience is against us in this instance. A global network of air travel can spread it very quickly.

I really can't say if it's selfishness, fear or anything else because I can't even imagine how I would feel if I were in one of the hot countries and became ill. My natural instinct would be to haul away and get Western treatment. But I could be putting others at risk.

Of course I could always go to that US biowarfare research lab where some think it started and get a cure!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

I can't stop thinking that even with the onset symptoms mirroring other ailments that I wouldn't want to give any of that to my loved ones either!

That leaves me with the thought that the onset has to be so minor that the person doesn't know its more than allergies. Everyone gets allergies! That's why I think this outbreak is lasting so long.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

www.abovetopsecret.com... check this link out. State Department has a cure?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: itsallgonenow

See, I think they do have a cure, in the form of a vaccine, or even a frequency or other methods and they only save it for themselves. Divided on whether or not it's entirely engineered from the first outbreak but I'm sure it's been tinkered with. The gov has a patent on a strain I believe.

While I'm watching this issue, I'm also paying attention to the enterovirus 68 outbreak in Missouri and now Kansas. Where the flashlight shines, it covers the movement in the shadows.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

My son had an appointment today. I was very interested in his pediatricians (that I absolutely adore for my kids) opinion on a certain vaccine.

It was,"that's part of AMA guidelines so I'm supposed to recommend it. " This was after the nurse and I read ingredients on vaccines I did want my child to have.

I wondered how many people don't catch what the Dr is saying.

top topics

join