It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Christians plan protest, boycott of Dallas Cowboys over Michael Sam signing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What's the problem? The Cowboys are a privately owned team. They can stick whoever they want on their team and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Let's just forget about this dude and move on with our lives.
edit on 5-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I was so happy to read about this judgment earlier today. He's really hitting the nail on the head. It does deserve its own thread. These state gay marriage bans are dropping like flies!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Annee

I was so happy to read about this judgment earlier today. He's really hitting the nail on the head. It does deserve its own thread. These state gay marriage bans are dropping like flies!

Yes. As opposed to this idiot.

Exploring Louisiana Judge's Conservative, 'Terrifying' Background

The ruling presents a troubling misunderstanding of the facts in the case, going so far as to refer to marriage equality as "lifestyle choices recognition." Feldman also compares gay and lesbian coupling to incest and statutory rape.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I was just imagining Westboro Baptist Church buying season tickets to the Cowboys so they can "picket" - and what would the Bible-thumping Texans do??? Join them??
Tell them to bugger off because it's not their "territory"?

It would be a riot (and I mean like in the hilarious AND the mayhem sense).
FAR more interesting than the game or the cheerleaders. Watch the Thumpers in action!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Bwahahahahaha.... awesome man. BTW, the Texans are in Houston. NFL humor.

Well they better hurry it up. Dallas hosts...... SAN FRANCISCO Sunday.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
What an idiot. Whatever happened to “Be merciful to those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.”
These biblethumpers need to actually start following what their religion says if they want to be taken
seriously.

I think they are follow what their religion says, homosexuality is frowned on in their Dr. Seuss bible. The quote you put up apparently doesn't apply to gays.

I would pay to see all these "conservative Christians" line up and let Michael Sam run them down.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: olaru12

is a very real issue, IMO, and it is an issue which has been intentionally manipulated by the media. As a dad, when I watch football or any other major sport on TV, I want to be able to safely watch with my 6 year old and my 8 year old. I don't need or want one of them even thinking about sex, be it gay, straight, or other. They are children. There is a clear agenda in AMerica to sexualize the youth and it is beyond sick.

The scantily clad cheerleaders with legs spread at a 90 degree angle not withstanding, right? I'm sure your holy righteousness brings you to shield their precious eyes from such vulgar sexual displays.

Michael Sam is fully clothed on the field, in case you weren't aware. If your kids asks what gay means, tell him/her that gay people are people just like you and me who just happen to like to have same-sex relationships. But from reading your post I've got a pretty good idea of the sort of things you'll be filling little heads with about LGBT folk.

Your hangups are your problem, not the NFL's, not the 'gay agenda's,' it's a you issue.

edit on 9/5/2014 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

I don't know about anyone else but I don't even see the cheerleaders anymore. Like commercials. Blanked out. AND some of the stupid commentators. Looking Tony Kornheiser's way. I just watch the games.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No one is going to pull their sponsorship because of a boycott. If they pull their sponsorship there will be a large group of people who, despite what the sponsors 'reasons', will say that it was pulled due to there being a gay athlete and THAT'S controversial. In the face of this, most sponsors hands are tied.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting A Christian Heisman Trophy winning QB gets shown the door, and this guy a known sodomite gets the NFL's help to get him a job. Yea, I am tired of 1.5 percent of the population having special rights over others. Jones is a true marketing guy, anything to help get ratings.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So there will be an entire protest because a gay guy is into sports, and yet, people keep complaining about why gay people are always in the news. It's because groups like these keeping making being gay into a big deal when it isn't.
edit on 6-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

In this time and age, is very interesting to see that some fundamentalist are still wanting to live in the stone age

I guess when is nothing else to do with ones life as boring as it maybe is ways to find something to do, hell I want to protest jesus real state grab.

edit on 6-9-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lladdwr

It's a bit more than 1.5% of the population and hes a known sodomite? Stone him! stone him to death!

How could we allow a sodomite to walk among us! The nerve! The nerve!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

He, he, at least this one is walking free and no hiding in the closet like most fundamentalist religious leaders.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Oh, Oh I simply don't know what to say! I'm still just utterly appalled that they let a sodomite in! Get me my smelling salts!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lladdwr
a reply to: ladyinwaiting A Christian Heisman Trophy winning QB gets shown the door, and this guy a known sodomite gets the NFL's help to get him a job. Yea, I am tired of 1.5 percent of the population having special rights over others. Jones is a true marketing guy, anything to help get ratings.

The difference is that Tebow has no talent for the pro game. It happens. See Ryan Leaf. He wasn't ditched because he's a Christian.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite Well I pray for those who are against G_D, or sin. I do not hold judgment of them, only those as in my post that carve out special status for one group over another, Tebow was shunned by the NFL for being a Christian, the Sodomite is cheered, this is a disturbing trend in todays world.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid Hardly, by example the Cowboys have not won as many playoff games in the last 15 years, as Tebow, get your facts straight if you want to talk Football.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lladdwr
a reply to: intrepid Hardly, by example the Cowboys have not won as many playoff games in the last 15 years, as Tebow, get your facts straight if you want to talk Football.

When it comes to football you'll hard pressed to find someone that knows more mate. The fact is that in college Tebow excelled. He could play at they pro level though. Maybe g_d should have given him more talent.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
A sin is a sin

Kurt Warner was a huge christian and NFL star, yet he lied about injuries (hand), that greatly reduced his performance and the teams record.

No one protested.

Those without sin cast the first stone.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join