It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Christians plan protest, boycott of Dallas Cowboys over Michael Sam signing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I noticed the same thing with my cousins growing up. They moved out and went crazy!

These same cousins hear stories of what I did and, tell my kids they will never get away with anything.

The CCs aren't helping the kids of today be better adults tomorrow. They're holding them back from growing. Stunting their emotional growth.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Haven't really heard or seen much concerning his play, only coverage about him being the first openly gay NFLer. Well, he got a shot, got cut and got another shot. I guess time will tell.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick
a reply to: vonclod

Haven't really heard or seen much concerning his play, only coverage about him being the first openly gay NFLer. Well, he got a shot, got cut and got another shot. I guess time will tell.

There is actually quite a bit online about his playing ability, and why it wasn't good for him to stay with the Rams.

Basically. The guy can play. But, the Rams had too many already in the position he plays. The Cowboys are lacking in that area and need him.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

I noticed the same thing with my cousins growing up. They moved out and went crazy!

These same cousins hear stories of what I did and, tell my kids they will never get away with anything.

The CCs aren't helping the kids of today be better adults tomorrow. They're holding them back from growing. Stunting their emotional growth.

You don't raise kids.

You're raising responsible adults for the world and generation they're gonna live and work in.

That world is not your world.

It is a tough balancing act.

edit on 4-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
As I said earlier, let kids be kids for a change. They grow up too quickly already and I see no reason or rationale outside of adults' petty and selfish horsecrap hangups to draw them into this debacle at their young ages.

Do they know where they came from?
Do they know anything about love between mommy and daddy?
Do they know what "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" mean?

Most likely your kids are perfectly educated already. They may have questions about the details, but it's really very easy to answer their questions with a short, to-the-point, honest response.

You're using your kids as an excuse to malign gay people. Would you be uncomfortable if they asked questions about a heterosexual relationship?

Besides, the same people who are uncomfortable with the questions of their kids are the ones who want to prevent them being educated about homosexuality at all at a young age. If they just learned about it in the context of "Johnny has two moms", they'd take it in stride.

"Daddy, what's 'gay' mean?"
"It's when a boy likes a boy or a girl likes a girl."
"Really? You mean like a boy has a boyfriend"?
"Yeah."

Nothing "adult" about that. It's just a fact of life. If they know about love and marriage, they've got the basics and can handle gay.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

That was me. Raised in a very conservative Christian household and moved out when I was 14. I did everything I was sheltered from. Married at 15, divorced at 16. Then I was promiscuous and delved into all kinds of behaviors.

It's not what it's cracked up to be.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

There's a quote about you teach children how to navigate life and, children teach you what life's all about... something like that.

My boys and I are technically in the same generation. We're all millennials.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I take lots of seminars, I'm a boring person. The hardest thing for me is overcoming my shyness and my fears so my kids won't have them.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You and yours and mine all live in the same world.

What the hell happens if you ignore this important education of your children and one of them happens to be gay? Surely it would be nice for them to know what the heck gay even is so they don't, you know, want to friggin kill themselves.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ha ha ha. Like those ##SNIPPED## can afford tickets. I haven't read through the comments. I just wanted to make an observation.

a reply to: olaru12

edit on Fri Sep 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

Even if they could they're delusional to think that they could harm the Cowboys financially, the majority of the revenue is coming from sponsors and not a single one would pull their sponsorship because there is a gay athlete.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I know a lot of Christians, and the vast majority of them have no problem with gay people. I think most of them are intelligent enough to realize that one's sexual orientation is not a choice, but rather a matter of brain chemistry. I have a couple of relatives who are gay, and it was obvious from an early age that they were "different." You don't think about it when you're a kid, but looking back it is obvious they were gay when they were little kids, meaning they were wired that way from birth.
And in each instance the gay relative grew up with brothers, and none of them turned out to be gay, and they were all raised the same way, so it does not have to do with how you were raised either. It is biological.

Anyway, from my experience in my area, there are many Christians who may not openly support a gay lifestyle, but they understand that they shouldn't condemn someone else, especially if that person has no control over it anyway. I saw a book the other day by a guy who has written numerous books on how to "cure" homosexuality, and I swear, if you would have seen HOW he wrote, you would have thought he was gay. I mean it was obvious, mostly in the way he described every detail of his male patients clothing, their eyes, I mean seriously...it was obvious. So I am wondering if some people "hate" gays because they are suppressing some homosexuality in themselves. I imagine that would be a legitimate psychological condition.

Anyway, I don't understand how so many people can claim to be Christians, yet they behave in a manner that is OBVIOUSLY not conducive to their beliefs. So why is this? They don't understand their own religion is the best solution I can come up with. And that is sad to be honest, considering how they always like to make a big deal about them being Christians, or a big deal about how religious they are...

I mean think about the mindset of these people, who are going out of their way to condemn this guy. They have no consideration for his feelings at all. I think the biggest thing that aggravates me about people like this is that their religion teaches them that judgement is up to God, not them. They are sinning by "casting the first stone," metaphorically speaking.

Occurrences of this nature should not serve the aims of those who like to bash Christianity either. More people in the US understand Christianity better than any other religion, and they should realize that Christianity, the teachings of Christ, or Jesus, are about forgiveness and turning the other cheek, not condemnation, etc...I just also hate seeing people beat up on the religion because it has followers who do not follow it properly. It is different from the argument that all Muslims are extremists, or are bound by their religion to wage war on non-Muslims, for one main reason...Most people don't have a grasp of Islam, and they couldn't honestly tell you what it teaches. But Christianity is different, as it is the predominant religion in the United States. In that sense it is unfair to condemn the religion because of the people who claim to practice it correctly but end up doing the exact opposite. Anyway, so if these people who are claiming to adhere to Christianity actually want to follow their religion, they should stop publicly attacking people whose lifestyle they disagree with, and practice forgiveness. It is not like this guy is forcing his views on anyone, so why do these people feel the need to force their beliefs on him? And it is a very small percentage of Christians who try to force their beliefs on others. A larger percentage might attempt to talk to another person about their religion, but I've found that the majority don't do that much. The majority practice their beliefs, without ever bothering anybody who doesn't practice that same religion.

I think Jehovah's Witnesses are the worst for solicitation, but they are the minority. And I cannot stand when they show up at my house, but I am not rude to them. And I don't go around badmouthing them or anything. Not because I am religious, but because I am a decent human being. I try to have as much tact as possible whenever I'm dealing with a person. Sometimes I mess up, like everyone does, but I can guarantee you that I would not go out and do what these people are doing on a national stage. Part of the problem is that the minority is always the most vocal. For every Christian you have spouting their intolerance like this, there are probably hundreds or thousands of them who are normal, nice, TACTFUL people. I mean what happened to tact and cordiality, or manners in general? I mean even small stuff. It gets irritating to go out and public and hear people yelling or cursing really loudly or just stuff that is the absolute opposite of tact. People who have no regard for other people. Like I said, people can mess up, but there are just some people who do don't care. It is a shame.
edit on 9/5/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
What the hell happens if you ignore this important education of your children and one of them happens to be gay? Surely it would be nice for them to know what the heck gay even is so they don't, you know, want to friggin kill themselves.

If that happens, I can only hope they're secretly watching ESPN coverage of Micheal Sam at a friends' house so they know the score.

...exactly WTF type of ridiculous rhetorical question was that? Hyperbolize much? Does nobody have any concept of self-worth and self value being on a plane above all this sexualized bullcrap that the media and modern society tries to force on children these days? You raise your children to be strong, independent, msart individuals because it prepares them with anything that comes up in their lives.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If you want to boycott the Cowboys, why not for their poor defense?

Why? Really, why do these Christians have to spout their displeasure at anything they don't like? Live your frickin life and don't worry about others. Personally I hate bigoted asshats but I'm not beaking about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well, at least he won't be hitting on the "sexy" cheerleaders.

(And I mean "hitting on" in both senses of the term.)

So does Jack whoever think it's awful that these scantily clad young women are allowed to strut and bounce and jiggle their stuff with their pom-pons and go-go boots?

American Football is - well - I'll just say I have no interest in it whatsoever. The players, the cheerleaders, the butt-slapping and fanny-waving cleavage exhibitionists....
all of it. Bread and circuses anyone?? How much are you willing to spend on it??

edit on 9/5/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
a reply to: GrantedBail

Even if they could they're delusional to think that they could harm the Cowboys financially, the majority of the revenue is coming from sponsors and not a single one would pull their sponsorship because there is a gay athlete.

But they may pull their sponsorship because the boycott paints an unpleasant picture of the Cowboys.

It's about money and sponsors avoid controversy like the plague.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The REAL money is in the lucrative TV deals. Teams have already made money before they start cutting cheques. And the league has NO problem with gays.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What's so funny about this is how Jack Burkman and his group interpret people being gay, as if it's a personal attack on decency, Christianity, the family, Dallas and America and apple pie! How does a football player do all that? LOL

“We cannot just stand idly by as Christian values and morals are trampled. We will do whatever we can to preserve family values in this country," Burkman said, per the release. Adding: “[Dallas Cowboys owner] Jerry Jones has betrayed American values, Christian values, and his own city’s values. The people of Dallas–and Christians all across this land–are about to make him pay a huge financial price. The Cowboys are no longer America’s team.”

Source

I mean, seriously, what a whack-job! I've actually been looking into his past and I'm not going to post anything here, because it's mostly opinions and hearsay, but I think he's got some serious skeletons in his closet.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This judge should probably have his own thread. This article is a must read.

This is how you do something right.

"Heterosexuals get drunk and pregnant, producing unwanted children; their reward is to be allowed to marry. Homosexual couples do not produce unwanted children; their reward is to be denied the right to marry. Go figure." www.advocate.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The irony being that football is primarily aired on sundays.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join