It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitalism + Medical care are killing people.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: AlienView

Republicans could offer nothing because Democrats had full control in 2009.

But Bush had some ideas..... for what it's worth.

How George W. Bush Would Have Replaced Obamacare

George W. Bush's Health-Care Plans

Maybe some good ideas - But the bottom line is that in most of those other countries rated as having better health care than the US universal healthcare is a right and extends from birth to grave. In the Declaration of Independence of the United States it is stated:
"All men are created equal"
You tell me how equal you are if you can not afford and might not receive at least basic health coverage whether you can afford it or not. Like the Miranda Rights for poor people who can't afford a lawyer, the law says they must get one. Not supplying basic health care to all Americans destroys any concept of equality - Very Darwinian, survival of the fittest.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osiris1953
a reply to: Xeven

Ah yes our governor, Rick Voldemort Skeletor Scott. The guy is a crooked scumbucket, I can't wait until he's out of office. He doesn't care about our state, he just cares about lining his pocketbook and pandering to the masses. School funding has gotten so bad that my daughter's school hasn't given the nurse the funds needed to provide the children with bandaids, and we live in northern Palm Beach County. It's such crap.

I'm sorry for your losses and I would agree our medical industry is utterly broken. It truly is a shame. Make sure you show on election day, Floridians are counting on us.

Oh I will vote. I never send donations but this year I sent a Donation to Charlie Christ. He is not my ideal candidate but he is better by far than Rick Scott.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

The biggest problem with "curing" diseases is that we need to clean up the environmental contaminations that cause or trigger them ....If we don't, they keep coming back.

But clean-up is costly and our entire economic system is based on polluting industries.... Go figure.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

We don't have capitalism in medical care. Most of it is government controlled. Ever heard of Medicare or Obamacare?? Or insider monopolies writing the regulations.

We have a planned and control economy. We haven't had true capitalist economy for a long time.
edit on 5-9-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

We don't have capitalism in medical care. Most of it is government controlled. Ever heard of Medicare or Obamacare?? Or insider monopolies writing the regulations.

We have a planned and control economy. We haven't had true capitalist economy for a long time.

Yes this is true - Fact is government is the biggest employer and is also a business - And government is involved with many, many big and small businesses. Good or bad that is the way it is and no deluded Tea Partiers whatever their intentions will change this without a complete collapse of the economy. So why not accept reality and try to change it for the better? Government does not have to interfere with business but should help it - not hinder it. Health care is a somewhat different issue - it became too expensive too fast and a way needed to be figured out to be sure all could afford it - Accepting it [basic health care] as a basic right, like equal protection under law, is a philosophy that should transcend political differences - political equality and common human decency are American ideals that should always come first before the economics of government efficiency whidh will always be a problem in any case.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Even worse than Malpractice is the fact they make you sign waivers of responsibility all the time in the hospital. "If anything goes wrong, we are not responsible". Next time you visit emergency room, try and avoid signing anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join