It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0.3: Police Brutality of Another Kind, Phil Robertson, and more...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Brilliant ! Really enjoyed it.

PS. love the intro

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Psychological Operations is nothing more than entertainment to me.
Police Brutality has gone up and has been broadcast and reported on for a reason. Its by design. I know you would like to believe that its population growth and technology to make yourselves feel better.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hi NLBS!

Excited to see new video content being produced here at ATS. Wishing you the best of luck - it is a huge amount of work to pull off an effective video production and you are doing some really great stuff. I appreciate all the work you are putting into this! I've been mostly off-line so this was the first one I've been able to watch. All my feedback comes from a newbie perspective.

First - love the overall title/concept - it is like a Colbert sketch in its approach with the meter, etc. That being said, I didn't take it as comedy.

Technical Stuff For Your Pondering (Or Not...As You Wish...)
I would encourage you to continue working on your delivery - enunciation, pacing, timing, hand gestures... Hand gestures are used by pundits and Presidents alike, but if they are too stiff or not used to punctuate something specifically, it can be distracting to me in a bad way - any gesture, according the performance training I've had (singing/theatre), is a natural extension of the content and used only for emphasis when appropriate. Obviously you don't want to sit there and not move, as that would be awkward and stiff looking, but when to move and why are finesse sort of things that can be worked at over time. Imagine you are speaking clearly, but to real people in the room - when would you lean in (nice lean in the video, btw! that was good!), when would you sit back a bit, when would you use more facial or body expression (raised eyebrows, a shoulder shrug, etc.) when would you reign it all in and be really serious, with intense camera "eye-contact?" Overall, you could play with using a bit more expression in your style (voice and body language) - keep it clear, focused, grounded in what you are saying, and if you are intending humor after serious topics, give more of a physical indication in your style that you are making a joke... (I agree with some other folks who said that...) I thought you were playing it straight the whole time so any jokes went completely over my head. Were you joking?? Some people thought you were...

Content: I appreciate the quick "news bites" versions of the topics - the one on the seizure by police has always terrified me - it can ruin lives so easily and with so little provocation. Your revelation of what happens to the money is news to me and it is so obvious that this is really legalized stealing that I can't believe it hasn't been formally challenged and axed at the level of higher courts...then again, I guess I can believe... *sigh* Thanks for the reporting.
I would have liked to have gone a little bit deeper into that topic myself - is it possible to protect yourself from this? Are there various legal means to challenge these heavy-handed and criminal punishments? That is the next step for me - not only what the problem is (pulling up the rug to look at the scurrying insect-like wickedness of men), but potential solutions and legal means to fight back...that would be awesome and doubly informative!!! I don't know if that kind of reporting falls under what you want to do, though.

As to the language usage: I don't generally use the sweary words, but I don't hold it against people who do.
You are reaching for a younger demographic - that is part of it - and using the memes and visuals you have is also good for that - funny stuff.

So - again, I appreciate all the hard work and the main topic was great. If you managed to get through this tome-o'-thoughts post of mine, then I thank you doubly for taking the time to read my two cents (which may be worth less than that to you, which is fine too...).

peace,
AB
edit on 8-9-2014 by AboveBoard because: sleep deprivation...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
We're getting ready for our premier episode tomorrow… but due to some complications because of the flooding in Phoenix, we're running a bit behind schedule, so the show may be a few hours later than normal.

We're also prepping for an angle on 9/11 conspiracies few people have discussed for our 9/11 show.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join