It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning New Map Reveals For The First Time Where Our Galaxy Fits Into The Universe

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: edmc^2

These forces, didn't just come about on their own without intelligence.

I disagree.
If they did not come to be as they did the Universe would not be as it is.
If I roll the dice and don't get boxcars, I'll get something else.

You're analogy is too simplistic to me and furthermore lacking logic.

Universe - boxcars?

How can you compare the four fundamental forces that binds the universe to a random chance event?

You can't for the simple fact that precise tuning of these forces IS required to even form a single atom.

No atom no universe.

Where's the logic in your analogy?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lynk3

Nothing, yet something in particular, and everything at once.

We can never actually know. What came first, the chicken or the egg? We're not meant to know.

We can only find out the origin of the universe by studying its demise, or by very unlikely time travel.

The simple answer to your question "which came first" - none.

Because before everything else came to be - including the material universe - there is / was INFINITY.

That there Always Was!

Hard to fathom but that's is the clearest answer. The unifying theory of everything.

Now it's up to you if this infinity is living or not, intelligent or not.

edit on 14-9-2014 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You can't for the simple fact that precise tuning of these forces IS required to even form a single atom. No atom no universe.

Who says a Universe needs atoms? Granted, we need atoms. But that's a pretty egotistical point of view, a Universe doesn't really care. Had something else happened we wouldn't be here.

Isn't it obvious? We got boxcars.
edit on 9/14/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You can't for the simple fact that precise tuning of these forces IS required to even form a single atom. No atom no universe.

Who says a Universe needs atoms? Granted, we need atoms. But that's a pretty egotistical point of view, a Universe doesn't really care. Had something else happened we wouldn't be here.

Isn't it obvious? We got boxcars.

Not egotistical Phage but just the facts.

Atoms can't create themselves on their own (especially by random chance) just like a boxcar can't put itself together without someone putting together.

It's illogical to say otherwise.

edit on 14-9-2014 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Atoms can't create themselves on their own (especially by random chance) just like a boxcar can't put itself together without someone putting together.
As I have already stated, I disagree with your dogma. As well as your analogy. Lots of things can happen when you aren't limited by a single Universe (in "space" or "time).

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

As I have already stated, I disagree with your dogma. As well as your analogy. Lots of things can happen when you aren't limited by a single Universe (in "space" or "time).

Of course but without any sense or purpose - just random events.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
"Sense or purpose."

See, that's where the dogma comes into it. You see purpose, I see chance. If it didn't work out the way it did, we simply wouldn't be here to talk about it. No big deal. But boxcars came up so here we are.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

"Sense or purpose."

See, that's where the dogma comes into it. You see purpose, I see chance. If it didn't work out the way it did, we simply wouldn't be here to talk about it. No big deal. But boxcars came up so here we are.

Of course to you it's just a dogma but to me it's the reality. We're not just intelligent atoms but self-aware of our existence.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

We're not just intelligent atoms but self-aware of our existence.

Atoms are not intelligent. But yes, we (and some other animals) are self-aware.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

looks like living tissue

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
yea, check this out:

This is Sihponophore, a living organism in deep water. It is actually a colony of many different organisms that could not live without each other. As this appearance looks something like Lainakea, I m asking myself, what if we are just a 1 organisms in big colony?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
April 19, 2016

I heard on the radio today that the Milky Way galaxy has more stars than there are blades of grass in both the front and back yard of the average home. I thought about this while looking at my back yard today. It's really hard for me to comprehend the enormity of just our galaxy. It actually gives me a headache trying to do so. Do any of you have a good mental talent for comprehending really large numbers and huge distances? If so...Congratulations!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
April 19, 2016

I heard on the radio today that the Milky Way galaxy has more stars than there are blades of grass in both the front and back yard of the average home. I thought about this while looking at my back yard today. It's really hard for me to comprehend the enormity of just our galaxy. It actually gives me a headache trying to do so. Do any of you have a good mental talent for comprehending really large numbers and huge distances? If so...Congratulations!

I'm with you on this. It's hard to wrap around your brain as to the size of the universe. Compounding that, beyond the physical observable universe, what's in there or out there? Did it always existed? Truly truly unfathomable. Yet we have people saying these are just mere products of random chance. Now that's incomprehensible.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join