It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shot Man 80 Times Until He "Had No Face"!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I think some people might be confused on what a pellet gun is. It is not a BB gun. A pellet gun can actually kill a person. They can be used to hunt deer, so the fact that it was "just a pellet gun" should not be used against the police.

I am not sided with the police, just wanted to make sure people know that it's not just a toy and can do harm.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tdubz

Not necessarily. You can get BB guns that are more powerful than some pellet guns. Not all pellet guns are dangerous or high-powered. Many BB guns can also fire pellets. The term pellet gun does not automatically elevate the situation.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You can kill someone with a slingshot as well.
However that being said, if someone was to be armed with a slingshot I don't know that 6 fellas, some of which armed with AR-15s is really the most appropriate response to deal with a guy armed as such.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I do not live in the US but articles like this make me incredibly angry.

I would love to spit in their faces 80 times and Kick them in their faces 80 times.

Just like any other criminal Gang member!

edit on 6-9-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is the definition of "Overkill"

Really 80 shots, and mostly all head shots ?
They used this poor guy as live target practice.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is BS. A biased "witness" claimed 80 shots. How about we wait for the investigation to determine the truth?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
More Information Is Released On Garza Shooting

So 61 shots vs 80/sure sounds more reasonable/not.

Interesting that the police encountered Garza the day before with a BB gun and confiscated it/so the guard for the truck stop informing them Garza had a BB gun would certainly fit his 'profile'.

For those that say how could they know he didn't have another weapon hidden/sure/so execute him bc ya just never know right? Makes perfect sense if you don't have any.

To the poster who said a pellet gun can kill a deer/true. Pellet guns come in .177, .20, .22, .25, 9MM, 45 cal and 50 Caliber. The last 3 sizes are fired by PCP air rifles (Recharged pneumatic ) that require a scuba tank to charge them to 3000 PSI. To my understanding reading gun forums…pellets at 1000 fps out of the muzzle will slow down pretty quickly. A .177 pellet gun that produces 15 to 17 foot/pounds vs 9mm load produces well in excess of 300 foot/pounds. So while you can kill a deer with an air gun it needs to have the proper PSI (break barrel air rifle in either .22 or.25 caliber) within a close range and from everything I am reading a revolver B B gun does not have the necessary PSI. Co2 pistols can cause serious or fatal injury but only if they are at point blank range. If you are able to find additional information please share.

From the walmart site this looks like the gun in reference. It is powered by a single 12-gram CO2 capsule/hardly enough to kill anyone. Retail 22 bucks.

Umarex XBG BB Pistol

To the poster that said why did the truck stop even allow Garza to come there since he had mental issues. Well, not everyone treats the fringe of society like leppers. He had never been a danger or nuisance, just a disturbed individual that lived in the shadows and harmed no one. Then again executing them does solve the nuisance of having people that are 'less than' milling about/sure.

To the question who called 911. Well, if it had been an employee of the truck stop you can bet the police chief would be blathering that all over the place. All the police have said is 'someone' called. Then again we have the current mind conditioning See Something Say Something which got a fello killed at a walmart recently with a B B gun he picked up there and a 17 year staff member at a university that was greeted by a swat team for carrying an umbrella. The culture of fear is alive and well. Gunning people down including the homeless and mentally challenged just adds to the fear mentality.

And while all the nay sayers are carrying on, why no mention of the innocent bystanders that were directly put in harms way and had to hit the floor to miss bullets flying thru the walls? It would not be the first time (by a long shot/pun intended) bystanders are killed in this manner.

Notice on the second news conference by the police chief the eyewitness testimony that contradicts the official version is NOT MENTIONED AT ALL. Would this be considered a fair and impartial investigation and assessment? If the eyewitness testimony is in error why is that not addressed?

There are some truly dedicated responsible police/I speak from personal knowledge. As I hear from one retired lieutenant (friend) the responsible police officers are appalled at the dangerous cops that are making headlines/and that the dangerous ones are increasing in numbers. Rogue cops that put citizens in danger need to be addressed and stopped…there is no gray area here. They kill people and animals on the fly and if the nay sayers are fine with this then I only hope you are the ones to 'deal with it' because I for one do not find that potential acceptable.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

Not necessarily. You can get BB guns that are more powerful than some pellet guns. Not all pellet guns are dangerous or high-powered. Many BB guns can also fire pellets. The term pellet gun does not automatically elevate the situation.

The term pellet gun doesn't automatically lower the situation either. As with anything, there are varying levels of pellet gun or BB gun, just like there is with any firearm.

While there are guns that can shoot both types of ammo, most shoot one or the other. BB guns usually are smooth bore and the ammo itself is just a round ball. This makes it less accurate and less powerful. A BB gun can travel at speeds of around 400 fps.

A pellet gun on the other hand has rifling in the barrel which makes the ammo spin. Tha ammo can travel around 1200 fps so it's much faster than a bb. Also pellets are made of lead which will deform and cause more damage on impact than a steel bb. You can google to see the differences in the ammo. Many times these two types of guns are used interchangeably (even the reports about this incident do it) but it's important to know there is a difference

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
most co2 pellet guns(pistols) move a pellet at 450-650 fps..no where near 1200, for that its going to be a rifle type, a 177 pellet has very little mass..not saying it would be fun to be shot by one but it would have to be a very specific shot to be anywhere close to lethal.
61 shots followed by FISTBUMPS..nice..no there not psychopaths at all.
Fawkin pigs.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I simply have two comments.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
most co2 pellet guns(pistols) move a pellet at 450-650 fps..no where near 1200, for that its going to be a rifle type, a 177 pellet has very little mass..not saying it would be fun to be shot by one but it would have to be a very specific shot to be anywhere close to lethal.
61 shots followed by FISTBUMPS..nice..no there not psychopaths at all.
Fawkin pigs.

I completely agree with what you are saying and it is true that a rifle pellet gun is required for the higher velocity. With that said I have no idea what kind of pellet gun this person had, it was probably the handgun type, just saying there is a difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

“These officers, although justified, are going to have to carry that around with them for the rest of their lives,” Laredo Police Chief Ray Garner told the Houston Chronicle. "I've been in contact with all six of the officers from that evening through today. They seem to be holding up. No officer goes to work thinking they're going to kill somebody.”

Justified for shooting him 80 times?

Glad these cops are "holding up" because it wasn't their fault I guess. Poor guys probably couldn't count to 80 so are feeling really sad right now.

These Days however I believe a lot of cops are going to work thinking they might get a chance to kill someone and get a paid leave.

No respect for cops anymore whatsoever. I actually say "Good" when I hear of a cop getting killed now. If he wasn't a thug, he kept his mouth for his fellow gang members. Just as guilty.

Peace

Totally frickin agree. It's just like the Nazi's. You wear the uniform of a group of people who are regularly publicized for doing this type of thing, then you don't get to say "that's just one cop" or anything like that. They are wearing the same uniform you are, they are representing you. For gods sake members of an effing FOOTBALL team are held to higher standards than the police these days as far as behavior goes. The worst part is, what do they do with these bad cops? Single them out, arrest them, kill them? Nope. Paid leave for a couple of months then its back to work for them, at best they're transferred to another unwitting community.

I used to work in a gas station, and of course the half-wit police would gather there regularly slurping down coffee and eating you know what. I heard them talking plenty of times about how they'd like to shoot this person or cant wait til such-and-such does something stupid so they can shoot him or kick his ass. The thing is, talk like this is one thing, but they actually do it and can do it without repercussion. It's a disgusting state of affairs and it needs to change.

Ffs does anyone got any ideas? lol.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
Not just the cops that are sick. The USA seems sick to me. Far too trigger happy against people. Even willing to travel half way round the world war mongering..

Yeah right, its not just us. How many brits went to fight with ISIS.
There is no way everything going on in the world is all Americas doing, geez get real.
To many people worried about the US instead of whats happening right in your own back yard.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

Yeah right, its not just us. How many brits went to fight with ISIS. There is no way everything going on in the world is all Americas doing, geez get real. To many people worried about the US instead of whats happening right in your own back yard.

Yes I agree lots of brits went to fight with isis. They had the full backing of the US government too.. Why because they where fighting Assad in Sryia. Throw a few fake videos round of US peeps getting beheaded and you have another excuse to start a war...

Convenient...

If you want to see it as your backyard. Feel free to do so.. In reality it is no more your backyard than it is mine. We are people that share the same planet.. and it you dont want to see that then so be it..

purp...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I wish for Americans to put these murderers and all the other police murderers on a list, take back the country from all the corrupt politicians, and after that proceed to lock these police officers up with the worst gang bangers and criminals to be passed around and raped for the rest of their lives. Seriously, I pray for that to happen.

And if that will never happen I pray to be around when these people die and go to hell so I can watch their excruciating agony. Shiva, Yahweh, God Emperor, Tzeentch? Make it happen!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We talk a lot about stopping injustice, but in the end we are powerless and the corruption continues.

The engine is too big and the engineer omnipotent.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It is stories like this, that is why I do not 1) buy American, 2) have holidays in America.

Frankly, I am scared witless of getting my face blown off by some police, hell, I felt safer last time walking down a prodomintly black neighbourhood in New York last time I was there.

Cultural differences means mistakes and missunderatandsings happen, I have had those situations before, what if it happens with the police? Whom probably assumes most people are terrorists.

I remember one time I was there, I didn't know to leave my bag at security when shopping at some stores (wtf don't touch my bag brah), we don't do that where I come frome, again differences like that make big misunderstands as people don't see those differences and assume everybody is a Yank in America.

No thanks.

edit on 7-9-2014 by jajaja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I am getting TRULY sick and tired of repeating the same facts and rebuttals every time one of you badges or badge apologists get on here and try to defend the most OUTRAGEOUS, SICKENING acts which are committed under color of authority. I did not say abuse of authority, because this is completely out of control, and in no way at all is this any sort of legitimate, Constitutionally protected authority. I was sickened by that fist bump at the end. The Supreme Court has ruled SEVERAL times that these thugs have ZERO obligation to protect the citizenry. The tired old statement of," well the next time your home is broken into, call a crackhead," or the ever popular, "these brave people who protect us."

Hate to break it to you, but the cops ARE out of control criminals. And YES, I would love to forget the police and go it on my own, as would MANY citizens whom want nothing more than to be left alone. If I have a home intrusion and I am there, I will most likely deal with the problem with well aimed fire. If I have one in my absence, the dogs will get him. I do not need some thug of the state to chain me, confiscate(steal) my property, place me in a cage, treat me like a criminal, and imbue upon me thousands of dollars of legal expense and lost work, all because I'm innocent until proven guilty, right? I DO NOT feel protected by these ANIMALS, I feel threatened. I feel terrorized. Every time I am anywhere near one I always see them with their hand on their gun and a "don't mess with me" look on their mug.

I likewise DO NOT CARE what they deal with on a daily basis, when on a daily basis, we see them committing assault, intimidation, MURDER, and celebrating afterwards like they just won the big game instead of shooting down someone in cold blood. There is a separate set of rules for them, and they KNOW it. I mean, can't have the overseer's and the peons on the same set of rules, right? Makes it easier to enforce the Lord's will(feudal, not biblical) when they can act without fear of repercussion, knowing they can do as they like. Kill kittens in front of screaming toddlers? CHECK. Show up when people call for help and arrest and beat them? CHECK. Murder unarmed citizens in cold blood, ON CAMERA, and suffer NO LEGAL TROUBLES AT ALL? CHECK. They have given up ALL RIGHT OR EXPECTATION of any kind of sympathy, understanding, or even wanting them anywhere near us. I would not be surprised at all if in the very near future people would start protesting if a cop moves into their neighborhood, or asks them to leave their business (oh, wait, that's already happened)

This AIN'T 1938 Germany, piggy-wiggly. You are ALL screwing around with an EXTREMELY large, EXTREMELY well armed population, and we are all starting to get tired of the abuse and terrorism.
edit on Mon50387Mon, 08 Sep 2014 19:50:38 -0500000000930MondayAmerica/Chicago by DisgruntledPatriot because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisgruntledPatriot
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
I likewise DO NOT CARE what they deal with on a daily basis, when on a daily basis, we see them committing assault, intimidation, MURDER, and celebrating afterwards like they just won the big game instead of shooting down someone in cold blood. There is a separate set of rules for them, and they KNOW it.

There I have to say, you are illegally 100% correct. The Fourth Amendment is the only saviour since it is fairly concise, however it is not been in use for a long time. The options are to vote only for those politicians who support the American Constitution et al, or who support the official amendment of the fourth Amendment to something else.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Correction to above post,

The options are to vote only for those politicians who support the American Constitution et al, not those who allow a watering down of the fourth Amendment to mean something else.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join