It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shot Man 80 Times Until He "Had No Face"!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Police Shot Man 80 Times Until He "Had No Face"!

The man shot and killed by police over the weekend was armed with a pellet gun, and family members said officers fired more than 80 shots.

Laredo Police Chief Ray Garner said six police officers, those who opened fire on 30-year-old Jose Walter Garza, were placed on administrative duties pending the outcome of the homicide investigation and a parallel investigation spearheaded by internal affairs.

Investigator Joe E. Baeza, police spokesman, said the officers negotiated with Garza to drop his weapon for about five minutes before firing the first shot. Garza then made an “offensive gesture,” according to Garner.

Family members told the New York Daily News that Garza was prescribed medication for schizophrenia and could be disruptive when not taking his medication.

Martinez told the Daily News that police shot at Garza at least 80 times and he was hit so many times that he "had no face."

“These officers, although justified, are going to have to carry that around with them for the rest of their lives,” Laredo Police Chief Ray Garner told the Houston Chronicle. "I've been in contact with all six of the officers from that evening through today. They seem to be holding up. No officer goes to work thinking they're going to kill somebody.”

Man shot and killed by LPD was armed with a pellet gun

I'm sorry, but the utterly out of control police in this country sickens and dusgusts me! I used to have the utmost respect for law enforcement and the perils they face each and every day to protect us all, but not any more BECAUSE THAT'S NOT WHAT THEY DO! The police in America now are far worse than any street gang ever dreamed of being. Nothing more than paid thugs who not only get away with overkill murder every single day, but they get paid for it. What happened? I know exactly what happened. The generation that's placed in charge today was not raised by the same moral standards as the generations previous. People have changed for the worse the way they think and react to situations.

These police thugs shot a mentally ill man 80 times UNTIL HE HAD NO FACE LEFT and then handcuffed him and let him lie there and die like a dog on the street. Yes, the man had a TOY GUN and was acting erratic and I don't condone that behavior, but wouldn't you think that SIX highly trained officers of the law would be smart enough to realize that their lives were not in danger and could figure out a non-lethal way to subdue ONE sick individual? Of course not! "Then I was all like PEW PEW PEW... PEW PEW PEW PEW... 'MURICA!"

Then the police chief has the audacity to point out the stress and trauma that the officers are having to deal with. They are all now on what amounts to paid vacations while the investigation is ongoing and if they are found of wrongdoing and removed from the force, guess what? They will all get paid for the rest of their lives for the PTSD that their murderous actions inflicted on them! Do you feel pity for these "peace officers"? I DO NOT feel ONE IOTA sorry for any of these murderers! They knew exactly what they were doing and they knew they would get away with it! I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE MY DISGUST! /end rant

+66 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Interesting how it takes 6 cops 80 rounds to subdue/kill one guy and yet the American citizen is told that no one needs a firearm that can hold more than 6 rounds to protect themselves.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
80 divided by 6 is 13.33 so did they stop and reload? and keep on firing? I dunno much about guns but do they hold that many?.
Disgusting isn't it? we have mentally ill folk here in the UK and I don't think we shoot em for carrying a pellet gun.
Do they even have tasers? I mean our lot took down a machete wielding killer with tasers today.
I worry for you all in the USA...get mentally unwell and you get shot.

Oh and just to add GET MORE GUNS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE ONES SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTING YOU!!!.
edit on 4-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75
Interesting how it takes 6 cops 80 rounds to subdue/kill one guy and yet the American citizen is told that no one needs a firearm that can hold more than 6 rounds to protect themselves.

Might be time for officers to go back to revolvers and be issued 1 or 2 bullets.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
80 divided by 6 is 13.33 so did they stop and reload? and keep on firing? I dunno much about guns but do they hold that many?.
Disgusting isn't it? we have mentally ill folk here in the UK and I don't think we shoot em for carrying a pellet gun.
Do they even have tasers? I mean our lot took down a machete wielding killer with tasers today.
I worry for you all in the USA...get mentally unwell and you get shot.

Lots of semi automatic handguns have 15 rounds.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
I worry about us as well. That is the reason some of us fight so hard to keep the 2nd. The reason we have it is to remove out out of control politicians and any Tyrannical folks in power if they don't go willingly. Its too bad that so many of us have forgotten that, and claim the right to keep and bare arms, has something to do with hunting rights and sport shooting.

edit on 4-9-2014 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I care about mentally ill people getting shot....I have worked with mentally ill folk Oh and notice what else I added to the post.
You obviously need guns to protect yourself from police like this.
Did I once say here that you shouldn't have guns?.
This isn't about gun control it is about police out of control.
edit on 4-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I gave Cops the benefit of the doubt before, but i now truly believe they are out of control to the point they are a danger to the security of the United states of America.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yup.

They just can't wait….

(Do Do Do Do Do Do)

# 279

edit on 4-9-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I think the thing that really bugs me is that when people think of corrupt cops they envision a "one off dirty cop", but here we have 6 all at the same place, at the same time shooting the same man, all part of the same police department.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

80 rounds is allot. But that's about 13 per person, one magazine worth. Officers are trained to shoot regardless of who else is there since they don't have time to discuss it or put the job on one specific person who may think someone else will do it. A mag dump of 13 rounds takes about 2-4 seconds.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Is it just me or are these police stories getting even more horrendous by the day? Why is this? Is it because they are trying to see just how much outrage they can pull off? Are they trying to start a uprising? Seriously what gives?

If this is the case just how much worse will it get before people wise up and stand up?
Cops shooting babies in cribs?
People wake up, stand up and rise up!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
80 shots fired? What the hell is that? Everyone just empties a full clip at the slightest movement? I understand that cops are trained to aim for the center of mass — we've all heard it a million times by now — but is it impossible to train cops to shoot to incapacitate and not annihilate? And that's setting aside that you'd assume with 5 minutes of talking and that many cops, at least one of them should have been able to identify his weapon as a pellet rifle!

UGH.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Just to answer the first part of your question, yes, many handguns will hold that much ammunition. For the type of full size pistol that police would use, 13 or 14 would be about the average capacity of a .40S&W, 15-17 for 9mm.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What really gets me is the fact that they shot him "until he had no face" left. That doesn't go along with what the police chief said about "No officer goes to work thinking they're going to kill somebody." That seems to me like more than murderous intent. That implies that they got some sick pleasure out of blowing his face off in a hail of bullets. I bet these guys went to work every single day HOPING they got to kill somebody. I swear I don't see how people like that can live with themselves or even sleep at night.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I agree, I think it time to remove military weapons from the hands of patrol officers, and replace then with revolver and pump shotguns. If you only have 6 rounds in the gun maybe the officers will think before sending 80 rounds down range into a city street. For God's sake, spray and pray is the wrong approach to public safety.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Ah thanks all for the education

Still I see this as very excessive, If they are trained to do this to the sick well they need better training.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

No they want to create anger towards the current system so it can collapse and they come in and "introduce true freedom"

Anyway, it reminds me of GTA 4 when the cops obviously kill you and they keep firing automatic weapons at you, enough to make your corpse dance on the sidewalk.

Desensitize a population towards violence, they're shocked and nonplussed at the same time. Outrageous.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

LOL well the irony of course is that if they shot the guys face off that means they were taking headshots.... pretty good shooting... however I am betting that all those headshots would mean that he was not moving around when they made the shots if you catch my drift.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Punisher75 because: My bad spelling...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join