It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joan Rivers Dead At Age 81

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Yeah dude so what the hell is the coincidence? You can't possibly believe that the president or government had anything to do with this?' Please tell me that's not your thought process.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Evil is a stretch. Granted, not around here, assumptions are often thrown out without thought. The woman was not evil, just.... controversial. It was more than likely her entire career was 98% a publicity stunt

Yea.
The scary bit is not her being obnoxious and spiteful.
It's that so many people call it funny.

I've never really watched her. So I can't call her funny or not. But I saw people who basically said they were glad she was ill and hope she died. It's those people that scare me

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Eh? so she was killed because she said that?
I found her comment disgusting calling a woman a tranny when she has kids but to say she was bumped off because she said it is laughable.
She was 81 and had many surgery's (I have just been swatting up on her) and her heart stopped last week in surgery so she wasn't very well and has passed on.
No conspiracy here folks.

I agree with your characterization of her comments.

However, I'm curious why you would make such a definitive pronouncement about her death, unless you were her doctor and had access to all her medical records. She's still doing shows that would tire out people half her age, it wasn't like she was on death's doorstep.

I don't see higher ups being involved in this, but someone lower down in the black ops community who is fiercely loyal could have taken it upon themselves to do/arrange the deed. If you didn't know that is usually how it is done, make it look like natural causes, chemically induced heart attack (of which the chemicals metabolize quickly and disappear), car accident, apparent suicide from jumping off a roof, shooting yourself three times in the heart with a nail gun, etc etc.

I'm always suspicious when people far removed from the situation and ignorant of the facts rush to say "no conspiracy here folks, move along". I'm not saying it was definitely intentional, but hey when cops look at murders the first thing they look at is motive and opportunity and there was one heck of a motive for diehard Obama supporters, so I wouldn't rule anything out.

Speculating about possible conspiracies is a good deal of what goes on at ATS, if that surprises you I don't know what you have been reading your last 3 years here.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Joan was a controversial revolutionary woman in a predominately white, male industry.

She spent a lot of her life quietly doing AIDS benefit work. If she should be remembered, it should be for being the 1st American talk show that featured an openly BLACK gay entertainer on the Tonight Show (cue Sylvester).

The woman fought for 40 years to be relevant and stay trendy. She watched a lot of good friends and comrades die.

Now Robin Williams has something to talk about as they shoot the shyt in purgatory.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Cool pic! RW looks completely toasted xD

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I thought so too!

lol

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Well, there is an investigation into her death and possible malpractice from the doctor that she was at when she collapsed.

(CNN) -- The outpatient clinic where comedian Joan Rivers suffered cardiac arrest during a procedure last week is being investigated, a health official said Thursday.

www.cnn.com...

Not sure if anyone pointed that out yet. I didn't read the entire thread, just jumped in with a picture.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
She can be rough crude and rude,made me cringed at times but damned funny she opened the way for independent minded females to break into comedy on stage and T.V and for that ....nuff respect Joan Rivers thanks for the laughs .
edit on 5-9-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
RIP Rivers. My condolences to your family and friends.

No matter what the woman said, she never did fear making fun of herself too. That is what I liked about her.
While she promoted the Status Quo she did help many comics, and opened doors for people. One will be chosen to fill her void in the status quo. Joan Rivers will become an Archetype in our future.

While some will miss her, others will not. But the idea of Rivers will live on in the heart of Hollywood.

*I am sure there will be some River's ghost threads in the near future*

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Lawd, that was some Colorado trip RW took right there!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
least she died doing what she loves - on the surgeon's table being operated on.

Ba'dum.

She'da loved that

edit on 5-9-2014 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I cant believe the nasty comments about Joan Rivers on here!!

She did a job, must have been good at it as many people liked

what she did and paid good money to go to her performances....

Made her a very rich woman.

Now if you didn't like her alternative sense of humour, you had the

freedom to not go to her shows or switch off the TV. She made fun of

herself too every bit as much as she did of others.... She also did a lot

of charity work.

No one can please everyone!!

She was a woman, someone's daughter, someone's wife, someone's

mother, someone's grandmother and as such deserves some respect

and not all the bile being spewed about her whether you liked her or

not.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I cant believe the nasty comments about Joan Rivers on here!!

She did a job, must have been good at it as many people liked

what she did and paid good money to go to her performances....

Made her a very rich woman.

Now if you didn't like her alternative sense of humour, you had the

freedom to not go to her shows or switch off the TV. She made fun of

herself too every bit as much as she did of others.... She also did a lot

of charity work.

No one can please everyone!!

She was a woman, someone's daughter, someone's wife, someone's

mother, someone's grandmother and as such deserves some respect

and not all the bile being spewed about her whether you liked her or

not.

You defend Joan Rivers right to spew nasty, hateful comments, yet cannot tolerate others doing the same? You don't see the contradiction/hypocrisy in that?

Just because people thought she was a hateful troll doesn't mean they don't think she had the right to say such things.

However, say the wrong thing about the wrong people and it could cost you more than your career, not that I agree with that, that is life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join