It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly found asteroid to pass close to Earth Sunday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

(CNN) -- A newly discovered asteroid will pass "very close" to Earth on Sunday, NASA says.

The space rock is 60 feet (20 meters) in size. It's expected to fly over New Zealand about 2:18 p.m. EDT (11:18 a.m. PDT / 18:18 UTC.)

It won't hit Earth or any of the thousands of satellites orbiting the planet, NASA says. It will give astronomers and scientists a chance to study it.

cnn

Nice find by astronomers we seem to have lots of activity going on around us. Perhaps we have moved into the asteroid part of Van Brauns predictions.

Related ATS threads:
We are currently in Asteroids, people. Don't you get that? E.T. is next.

300 sporadic fireballs in 24hrs?
edit on 4-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That looks a lot like Apophis! But Apophis is not due for another 10 years or so, 2026 I think if my memory serves correctly.

Good find, Dragon. I will take a closer look into this today.
But when I saw the photos, that rock looks pretty close to what Apophis looks like.

We are a little blue marble hurling through space at really high speeds! We are on a really big Ride!!! We are all space traveling beings, and Earth is our spaceship. Yet we are on this merry go round, all be it a VERY dangerous merry go round, with Rocks and debris hurling through our flight path, at really high speeds too! WOOO!!! Fun! Hold on to your handle bar kiddies!
edit on 24614213795 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5
This is the caption on the pic from cnn:

NASA scientists used Earth-based radar to produce these sharp views of the asteroid designated "2014 HQ124" on Sunday, June 8.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Yeah on a quick look, that is the same information I found.

The asteroid, called 2014 RC, was discovered August 31 by the Catalina Sky Survey near Tucson, Arizona.

2014 RC is no Apophis, but 20 meters is pretty big eh?

I think if they found one that was going to hit. They would not tell us. It would only create mass panic and mass looting. Which if I was going to die 100% for sure. I think I would have one hell of a party!!

Even eluding that it might hit, could create a wave of panic and we know how people are in large groups.. LOL..
Better to say it won't hit us. Even if it is true, and won't hit us. Best to say it will miss us. Either way. Hit or not hit. The Status Quo would take actions needed.

Tell signs that something big would happen. Is watch the key people of this world. When they go into hiding. That is my sign, that its real, and they have all gone underground into their underworld bunkers.
Which they have in spades! Some of the newer underground bunkers, are more like underground Cities.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Already a thread on this www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I like to check the RSOE disaster web site, and at the end, they have the near approaches of asteroids, click on the
nasa-neo in the bottom right corner. I like to look at that.

The ones that have been discovered a few years ago don't bother me, HOWEVER, there are some that have 2014 in their name. those make me take a closer look. Size, and distance.

Lets not forget, the one that exploded over Russia the day before(or on Valentines day) depending on the time zone, was a new one, and it was supposed to come close, but no hit. I also seen something on RT that that asteroid has siblings, like 20, on the same trajectory.

I would post the thing here, but I am copy and paste challenged. sorry.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Already a thread on this www.abovetopsecret.com...

Correct.

Closing this one.

new topics

top topics

join