It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How wolves helped Yellowstone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I just saw an amazing video about the impact of when wolves were introduced to Yellowstone....just simply amazing and shows how nature balances things out.

Not much to say but

EDIT: I would have put this in a nature or animals forum but we never get what we need

edit on 4-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yellowstone national park , WOW.

Have a Yellowstone Blueray documentary that I enjoy watching now and then, the scenery, the large number of species that share the area, The extreme changes from winter to summer, magical place.

Would love to spend a few months exploring

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Yopu and me both Grizzly Adams style lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Yopu and me both Grizzly Adams style lol.

I would love to try living a whole year in Yellowstones wild,

Yes One would need to be a Grizzly Adams to survive throughout the year.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

We would have to sing this song every day

Love that song.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Went to yellowstone as a child, was amazingly beautiful.

I got a special spot in my heart for the canidae

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Love that song.

Alright bone, you are freaking me out, get out of my head.

Love that song too.

One thing that makes me feel at home in the forest or around mountains or pretty much anywhere in nature far away from civilization is the feeling of being alive, tasting the fresh air is enough to uplift you, listening to the birds sing and the wind speak through the trees and their branches with leaves, Wow I am almost there in thought posting this.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

that was interesting. Living south of Yellowstone about 60 miles, right by the National Elk Refuge and Grand Teton National Park, we have those same wolves now as they have migrated south, for the 15 years or so..... and this gave me different insight into their being here. The ranchers aren't happy, the dog owners that lose their dogs aren't happy (that happens with coyotes and dogs too), and some people aren't happy when they traipse through a neighborhood as they sometimes do, but the altering of the landscape is fascinating. I don't need to live in Alaska to get my wolves, elk, buffalo, Grizzlies, black bear, mountain lions, mountain sheep. mountain goats, osprey, otter, beaver, deer, coyotes, eagles, and so on, they live right here in Jackson Hole!

new topics

top topics

join