It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've never been so scared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
As a younger man, I was the 2nd shift manager of a company in the Northeastern USA. The company had set up offices in what was originally an early 20th century movie theater. Aside from putting in equipment, very little was done to the building at all. Almost all of the decor was left intact. The basement, is where the production area was located, the other 2 floors being office space. Legend has it that in 1921 someone had hung himself in the basement of the building.
Part of my job was that after everyone had left, I was to close down the building, all 3 floors, lights off, alarms set, so on. Second shift left at 11:00 pm, and I was usually out of there by 11:45pm or so. I did this hundreds of times.
One evening during a thunderstorm, I was doing my rounds which was just routine at this point. I always did the basement first, then 2nd floor, then 1st floor to let myself out and lockup. I was in the basement, and all of a sudden - I had the incredible sensation that I was being watched. It got noticeably cooler in the blink of an eye. The hair on my arms stood up, and a shiver ran down my spine like I never experienced before. Every single nerve in my body screamed for me to get out of there. I didn't finish locking down the basement, but went to the stairwell to go upstairs. I wasn't running, but was going much quicker than usual. I got to the stairwell, and as my foo touched the 3rd stair, the lights in the stairwell shut off - The lights in the stairwell did NOT have there own switch, they were connected to an overall downstairs light switch. As it turns out later - all four of the bulbs burned out.

Needless to say, I went straight out the front door, locked it and left. I have never been so scared in my life. Since then I've done it again many times, but i will never forget that one evening.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wow, that does sound scarey. Especially when the lights went
off. All four bulbs being blown at the same time is weird.
So does the building have a reputation of being haunted by
the suicide in the basement?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

So does the building have a reputation of being haunted by the suicide in the basement?

Aside from the story of the hanging itself, there was no real reputation I'd ever heard of. I never really believed in ghosts, but I will tell you this that something happened that night. The night after it happened was pretty scary when I went to close up down there, and I was looking over my shoulder every 10 seconds, but nothing out of the ordinary happened, to me at least, down there again.

I have a reputation for being pretty skeptical, and a decent head on my shoulders, but I tell you SOMETHING was there that night. I'll believe that until I draw my last breath.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
I had the incredible sensation that I was being watched. It got noticeably cooler in the blink of an eye. The hair on my arms stood up, and a shiver ran down my spine like I never experienced before. Every single nerve in my body screamed for me to get out of there. I wasn't running, but was going much quicker than usual.

Exactly the same feeling I got working in a building while stationed
at Camp Zama, Japan - except I felt intense HATE standing next
to me. It ... whatever 'it' was ... HATED me and it was standing
right next to me. You didn't run ... but I did.

Unfortunately I had to work in this building for three years. It was
the same thing every day in a certain part of the building. I wasn't
the only one to feel it. There were five of us Americans who worked
there that felt it.

Found out later that during WWII there had been a Japanese Army
post there, and that at the end of the war a large number of the
Japanese Army Officers committed suicide at that spot. I guess the
Japanese Army spooks didn't like the 'enemy' (us Americans) walking
around their sacred suicide place or something. After all these
decades, they still hated the 'enemy' (even though were weren't
even alive during WWII).

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My family had moved into a big house built prior to the Civil war when
I was younger.
We all picked out our bedrooms, but my younger sister was'nt too
happy with hers. She said "there was something in there". Anyway,
I was teaseing her one day about her room and told her I'd tell
whatever it was to go away. Well we went up the stairs to her room
and I went in and told "it" that it was'nt wanted and it needed to leave.
All in a jokeing way.
We came back down stairs. As we were walking past a high bureau in
the hall, a large bowl looked like it actually slid to the edge of the top of the bureau and fell. It almost hit us and it shattered on the floor.

This scared us pretty badly and we never "messed" with whatever was
in that room again. lol.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
the whole light switching and bulb burning incident could've have been some misdirected energy coming from you. maybe you're flowing with electromagnetism and you have some unknown powers. damn x-man

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
When I was fourteen we lived near this lady who everyone thought was a witch for various reasons. I won't get into it, but anyway... My friends dared me to ring her doorbell and run, so I did. We ran all the way to my friends house, where perhaps coincidentally, a few bad things started to happen. None of them are relevant except that all of the light bulbs in the room we were in suddenly burnt out at the same time. Maybe it wasn't a coincidence? Anyway, just thought I'd share that because it was similar to what happened to you.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Exactly the same feeling I got working in a building while stationed
at Camp Zama, Japan - except I felt intense HATE standing next
to me. It ... whatever 'it' was ... HATED me and it was standing
right next to me. You didn't run ... but I did.

Unfortunately I had to work in this building for three years. It was
the same thing every day in a certain part of the building. I wasn't
the only one to feel it. There were five of us Americans who worked
there that felt it.

Found out later that during WWII there had been a Japanese Army
post there, and that at the end of the war a large number of the
Japanese Army Officers committed suicide at that spot. I guess the
Japanese Army spooks didn't like the 'enemy' (us Americans) walking
around their sacred suicide place or something. After all these
decades, they still hated the 'enemy' (even though were weren't
even alive during WWII).

I have heard of this type of haunting in alot of remote viewing cases. You can RV a target and find entitys there who are still living in the exact moment of their pre-death , and to them time has not moved a minute.
and you are right to them you were still the enemy, that type of hatered and emotion loop is very powerful. It would be difficult to get these people to move on. Interesting story
Parker

[edit on 7-12-2004 by parker]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Great story!. I felt that horrible sensation in my gut as your inner voice told you to get out.

Any more?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Please people,, WHENEVER you feel evil, hate, or fear or another entity.

ALWAYS SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PROTECTIVE WHITE LIGHT!!!!!!

It dosen't matter if you believe it or not, JUST DO IT!!!

"I surround myself in the protection of the White Light."

It really works!!!!!!

There is no darkness where there is light!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I posted this in valhall's "have i disturbed someone thread", If i make a link i dont know if you have to scroll through all of it so ill cut n paste for you.

An old house that i used to live in (the house of my neck twisting awaking)
was otherwise normal but for two particular rooms. The worst was a spare room, which became known as "the spooky room". It was just a room, but everyone, visitors alike, got the most cold (not physically) and horrible feeling while in it, without anything being said. The other was an old kitchenett which became my bedroom, here there was no "feeling" but strange things occured, such as snoring coming from there while it was empty, and my radio turning itself on night after night. This became the cause of a huge fight between an indignant tennage me, and my family who beleived i was doing it deliberatly. I slept on the lounge for night with that room locked and the only key in possession of my sister, and sure enough, the radio turned itself on, late at night, everyone got up very cranky with me only to discover me on the lounge and ofcourse the door still locked. The radio could be heard loudly through the door and we all were there when my sister unlocked it, only to have the radio fall silent as she turned the doorknob.
Another night a big white flash went through the house from the back door, up the hall and out through the front door (closed) accompanied by a harsh angry scream, which had us all up and mighty disturbed.
I have no explanation for these phenomena, and its the only phenomena of its type ive experienced. Odd perfume smells were also about from time to time.

On a side note, the power of suggestion (even self suggestion) is quite powerful, its easy to creep yourself while thinking of stuff like this, particular when your alone at night. I know ive sent the odd shiver up my spine and had the hair on my neck stand up by allowing myself to beleive something moved out the corner of my eye, while up late alone at night.

Why do we read horror books and watch horror movies afterall, we enjoy a little fear imo.
Im NOT saying this is explanation for anyones experience, just that how we
think might have alot to do with how strong the sense of fear.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by instar]

[edit on 7-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i have many ghosts in my life..i pursue legends and ghosts and stuff of the appalachian mountains...for one ghost it lives in my house actually...it turns the tv off..flickers the lights..turns the water in the bathrooms on simultaneously..and when i tell 'Bill' as i named it to stop, it stops and doesnt happen for like a month..

But the most scariest moment was when it was past midnight and myself and a friend were visiting a group of other friends back a few months ago...they were camping out on a dirt road that led through the mountains..we drove close to 2 miles past their campsite to a campsite they camped at the night before but got in trouble for being there, it was an unspecified campsite..
they were gathering the gear from the outside perimeter of the site and moving it in to make sure they had everything and i was on the hillside goofing off...i went down to help hold the light and i heard noises that sounded like children laughing and playing (very very close to what the children sounded like in the tent scene of Blair Witch Project)...coming from about 75 yards away...mind you its 2 in the morning on a cold night 8-10 miles back in the forest and theres kids playing...
i asked my friend to listen and we all 4 listened and the sound of an owl carried over the hillside...so we downgraded it and payed no attention and we heard it again closer and my friend heard it too and we started throwing everything in the tent and pulled the whole tent up dragging it towards the truck..laughing got louder and louder almost as if it knew we were rushing to get out of there...took us right under 3 minutes to drive 2 miles back down..

there was just one more scary moment and that was this story that down in a valley where theres a small fleet of broken down old logging trucks..on certain nights at certain times if you stare into the valley the headlights of the trucks will turn on and begin moving around as if moving logs out of the forest...so a few friends and myself went down into the valley and slept among all the trucks..middle of the night came around and i got woke up by one of my friends that heard a noise and i woke up my best friend and we listened as everyone else woke up...then a truck no more than a football field length away from us, the headlights cut on dimly and we saw the whole truck jerk pulling some of the kudzu around it out of the ground and die again..to this day we havent been there again..

theres some really great ghost stories in this world...quite frankly the threads about the shadow people...it took 5 minutes to get to the kitchen last night when i was hungry, and a few times i felt like my nose was bleeding i was so skiddish..i once jerked around and threw my fists in the air, my stomach dropped when i thought i saw somethin in the doorway..

im gettin to old for this stuff lol..causing heart problems..keep it coming guys/ladies

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i have a cool expierance to add to this neat discussion

i was in a place called Bear Lake Pennsylvania
Bear Lake is population 60 people i believe
VERY small town , very far from any "Real Towns"
over 20miles thru the forest + hills takes at least 30minutes or so to drive

anyways
i was staying with my gf jen at her parents house
its a really old 2 story house that is at least 120years old
i mean this house is OLD!
the electrical wiring was installed in the 1950s i believe
the house was ancient by that time

this old Dirty Ugly wooden house *super fire hazard *
to add to our setting here

there is a house next door on both sides
its about 250feet between these houses
they have huge yards
as they live in a small rural township

heck across the street is a huge field; which at the west end of it is the Post Office, Fire Station and a SODA Machine!!! yup thats all they got
2 buildings and a soda machine
lol

ok well; this area has quite a heck of alot of history
from as far back as the French-Indian war
Revolutionary war

well anyways
i used to Always make jokes at Jen
"ohh the ghosts of bear lake are comin to get ya"

i was just joking
im from Texas and im not used to being in such a historically filled area
i automatically figured a place like that was full of "ghosts"
seems if Any place is, Bear Lake is one of them!

well one night i was up chatting on the internet
i was on the bottom floor near the front of the house

jen and her parents were upstairs asleep in their bedrooms
quite far away from me

it was 5am
it was january this year

i was sittin there chatting and suddenly i heard a KNOCK on the WINDOW next to me!!!! then i heard a Small Childs Voice!!!!
"Over Here!" the voice said!!

I SWEAR i was SOOO SCARED i RAN out of that room sooooo fast
all i knew was to run and wake Jen up and tell her what happened

well of course Jen has lived here her whole entire life and she was going to reassure me i was being nuts
but instead she says "oh everyone sees or hears Ghosts at our house!"
and i was like OMG !!!

Ok, after i woke up Everyone in the house
i decided Lets make a Scientific Inquiry

ok
the SNOW outside was over 3 Feet Deep!
thats a entire Meter deep! *for metric users*

there was NO footprints of a child in the Snow!
Nothing was disturbed in the entire area!!!

The Window i heard the knock at
was over 7 feet above the ground
the area under the window was alot of twigs logs
it is impossible for me to Stand there
the ground is difficult to find a grip on *because of all the crap there*
and its IMpossible for me to reach that window WAY up there over 7 feet from the ground!!!!

Why Would a 5yr old BOY be outside at 5am in 3 foot of snow and leave NO footprints? How did he reach the 7 foot window?
How did he KNOCK so Loudly and then clearly say "OVER HERE!"

Well, Jen says "i think its my fathers son he died in a fire when he was like 4 or 5yrs old. i think he follows my dad"

she then told me about all the different individual storys about ghosts at her super haunted old house
most interesting was that

At Least 3 other people; on 3 different occasions
witnessed a Small Boy playing outside that window
they thought the boy was a neighbors

But...the Neighbors dont have any boys

In fact
the boy didnt even live in Bear Lake
No one Knew the Boy
its a mystery!

also there was a handful of reports of there being ghosts in at least 3 other places around this house
i think they are seperate too because of the reports

the room upstairs that Jen and I stayed in had several stories about it
several reports of Voices and Coughing and other Human Sounds coming from the Closet
now this isnt any old closet
its Huge
i actually smoked alot in this closet it seemed safe

but there was those porcilin dolls in there
you know those freaky little porcilin dolls
they were really old , i mean Really old
and there was some other weird objects in there

i had my computer up in this room and i would sit up playing video games all night
i never had any weird expierances with the 'ghosts' up there
but i Swear i felt like i was being "watched"
well
actually it wasnt "Me" who i felt was being watched

I Felt the Ghosts were watching my video games

I really really believe Ghosts Like Video games
i dig them too
i dont blame the ghost
its hella fun to get into that stuff
if i was a ghost id be very interested to watch a video game

thats just a personal opinion lol

but the point is
There is A Ghost of a boy outside her window i know this
i will stand behind my belief until i die

I once said as a child "i will never believe in ghosts or ufos until i see them with my own eyes"

and guess what? i Believe in Ghosts NOW!
i believe in UFOS now!!!

wanna see ghosts ? go to Bear Lake Pennsylvania
wanna see ufos? go to Odessa Texas

be patient and keep ur eyes peeled

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Lol basements are cool (tempurature), all the bulbs were originally put it at the same time, all go out withinthe same 15 minutes, could happen. U did say it was a thunderstorm, could have been a surge that cut the lights.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
oh ya and theres this house
you gotta hear this

behind Jens house is a big Hill
there is a Super thick Forest on the west
and the east is a big huge farming field

well
Jen got me to go walking with her up this hill one day
Keep in mind NO one lives up here

well, she took me into the forest and we trugged thru this inhospitable thicket until we came upon this 150yr old +++ house

i forgot what they called the house
but it was Run Down big time

I mean HUGE holes in the house
windows completely busted out
the Living room Floor had Collapsed revealing a basement area
the 1950 refrigerator was sinking thru this hole in the floor
there was a really old TV turned over , and busted out
and ahh, there was this Really Old Piano
all the cords on the piano are broken
as half the keys are missing too

anyhow,
Jen convinced me to go Inside this Ghastly Run down house!
we actually went thru a window,
across some wood , to the Staircase
this staircase was missing more than Half the steps
we had to CLIMB up to the second floor!
we couldnt walk! we had to Climb!

it was quite dangerous
once we got to the second floor
i discovered there was practically Nothing up there

Nothing
But Jen found a Book
man this book was really old looking covered in massive blankets of dust
she picked up the book and alas , inside of it we found a photograph
it appeared to be from about the 1880s
the cloths these people wore
their appearance
their horse drawn carrige

im saying 1880s

well this photo is of the family that lived here
it said so on the back of the photo

well, after seeing all this i was already freaked out a bit too much so i asked to Leave Immediantly

i never went back to that house

but i did ask everyone around town
"What stories are there about that house"?

i discovered alot of wild stories about this house

Many claim it is haunted
Many claim that going up there at night will drive you mad?
its odd claim

but Jens brother and his friends SWEAR up and down that
when they would hang out outside at night togeather *doing illegal teenager things probably*
they all claim to have heard that Piano PLAYING!!!!!!!

They heard the friggin piano playing!
They said it happened Many Times!
All of them get white as snow when they talked about this
They all clammed up and got really tense when talking about it

They all agree that it was definatly THAT piano in the old rundown house up on the hill in the middle of VERY thick forest

because when they went up the trail towards the house they piano sound become very clear and loud

thats why i saw the piano strings cut
these guys come back during the day and cut all the strings
the vandalized the piano in HOPES the piano music would stop

But alas, the piano kept playing
even tho they ripped the strings up
it still Played everyonce in awhile...

rural legend?
or wild reality?
i dunno
but from my own investigation into this place
i say
Bulldoze the whole area
burn it
this place is haunted

if any of you wanna get freaked out
Go to Bear Lake and explain your desire to explore the area and its paranormal history

Everyone there is really nice and will tell you all the storys and show you Exactly where these storys occured
they will take you to that house up on the hill that you wont ever see because its completely covered in over 70years of forest overgrowth

just be careful
that place is superfreaky man
makes my hair stand up just Thinkin about it

theres also a "Ghost Town" about a mile or two away from Bear Lake
a city from the 1800s
the local kids go play around there every once in awhile
but if you ask anyone to
"Lets Go to the ghost town at night!"
they will tell you your Nuts
why?

it is called "The Ghost Town"
i bet you can guess why kids are afraid of it
after the insanity of the piano and the other dozens of ghost expierances

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh man, this is a great story! Ican't believe that you didn't run when this happened. I would have run faster than a road runner! Did you really go back there? God bless if you did!

top topics

join