It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle For Strategic Mariupol Begins, NATO Vows To Do "Whatever It Takes"

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Something tells me English isnt your strong suit he didnt say Russia isnt a threat he said they are not an immanent threat. But hes obviously a threat since NATO got a huge budget increase at the last meeting thanks to Putin. Not to mention brand new bases on the Russian border but of course they dont think hes a threat. You have countries that will start rotating troops though eastern Europe but they dont think Russia is a threat. See the difference is they dont consider Putin to be stupid enough to attack a NATO member currently because Russia would lose and Putin cant afford for that to happen politically. But if he consolidates his power which he is currently doing who knows.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

NATO didn`t get a huge budget increase, for that the rich countries have to increase their deference spending...you haven`t been reading these Ukraine topics at all it seems.

They know Russia isn`t a threat, because Russia doens`t even want to accept NovoRossiya into RF.

Of course they are not going to say no threat at all, because that would show they have been BS the whole time...which they have.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

NATO didn`t get a huge budget increase, for that the rich countries have to increase their deference spending...you haven`t been reading these Ukraine topics at all it seems.

They know Russia isn`t a threat, because Russia doens`t even want to accept NovoRossiya into RF.

Of course they are not going to say no threat at all, because that would show they have been BS the whole time...which they have.

Ok than Putins a patsy under control of NATO because he did everything right to get the expansion of NATO fine have it your way. Either way Putins actions caused it and i guess hes in on it which does make some sense. Since russia had offices in NATO headquarters so planning woldnt have been hard.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Wow.. You guys are all over the place in trying to blame anyone and everyone except Putin for this mess.

Guess what?

Putin is responsible for everything that has occurred.
edit on 21-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Wow.. You guys are all over the place in trying to blame anyone and everyone except Putin for this mess.

Guess what?

Putin is responsible for everything that has occurred.

Everyone knows that except for Putin fans because to them Putin can walk on water and turn water into wine. In total seriousness this happened with Hitler as well Germans had pictures in their homes of Hitler he was practically worshiped. Im seeing the same things with Putin hes being worshiped by Russians. So he can do no wrong and he is just a helpless victim of the evil west who is trying to destroy Russia. Odd the west would invest so much money and give so much money to the Russians yet they were trying to destroy them. If they wanted when the USSR collapsed easily could have said good luck guys hope it works out for you. Russia would have been torn apart and no longer exist.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Russia would have been torn apart and no longer exist.

Putin has that covered...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Russia would have been torn apart and no longer exist.

Putin has that covered...

Ironically since i have shall we say an affinity for Russia and family there as well i really do hope Russians start seeing through Putins propaganda Russia deserves so much better. And id really hate for my family members to have to come stay with me if it gets to bad. Just kidding i actually have my grandmother coming to visit for Christmas if i guess things dont get to crazy.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

With the last vestiges of independent media being snugged out in Russia with their false internet and the west scaremongering it better happen soon. I give it 6 months to a year for Putin to consolidate things to the point that Russians return to the USSR mentality government wise.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

With the last vestiges of independent media being snugged out in Russia with their false internet and the west scaremongering it better happen soon. I give it 6 months to a year for Putin to consolidate things to the point that Russians return to the USSR mentality government wise.

In total seriousness this is one of my fears and ill tell you there are some in Russia that realize this as well. See if Russians have traveled outside Russia lets just say they are much more aware of whats happening. His attack on the internet will be devastating to the Russian people Cutting Russia off from the internet we create a dangerous situation a closed society can be controlled. Lets say people with money will be leaving Russia soon if things dont turn around have an uncle thats trying to open a business in London ironically many Russians are fleeing to there. But i havnt seen this in any papers but im betting Russians are leaving and choosing not to return.

What scares me the most is what not having internet will do to the Russian economy many businesses rely on it for communications. But Putin is playing its CIA controlled garbage. Funny part is the way its designed no country can control it. If they could wouldnt need to ban it would he?? The only plus side is it would stop the Putin fans from spamming any site that discusses putin. So bad many news outlets have to disable there comment sections.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It makes sense for sanctions to only target the administration and allies of it instead of the Russian people. Although if things aren't changing inside Russia fast enough that will mot likely change, unfortunately.

i still think Putin is going to get slammed from traffic in multiple directions at the same time.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

It makes sense for sanctions to only target the administration and allies of it instead of the Russian people. Although if things aren't changing inside Russia fast enough that will mot likely change, unfortunately.

i still think Putin is going to get slammed from traffic in multiple directions at the same time.

How does that old saying go the higher the climb the bigger the fall. But than comes how far will he go to maintain power. In the past he was willing to rewrite the rules even creating a position for himself when the Russian constitution said he could no longer run. Right now hes been intent on just changing rules to suit him. But eventually hes going to have to resort to total control because people will eventually catch on.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join