It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle For Strategic Mariupol Begins, NATO Vows To Do "Whatever It Takes"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: Xcathdra

So, USSR wasn't signatory, but you used it as reason why Germans killed so many Russian POW.
Nice try

I see we have another member of the confused on history club.

Since the USSR was not a signatory to the treaties, the Nazis did not have to provide the same protections given to other allied nations whose military units were captured.

Had you actually read my post you would have understood my point.

Well, since history is always rewritten by governments, it is kind of difficult to keep up with the changes.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jajaja
All of it, really.

Then maybe Peck420 can borrow your notes so he can get up speed.
edit on 8-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So, USSR wasn't signatory, but you used it as reason why Germans killed so many Russian POW.
Nice try

Since the USSR was not a signatory to the treaties, the Nazis did not have to provide the same protections given to other allied nations whose military units were captured.

Well, since history is always rewritten by governments, it is kind of difficult to keep up with the changes.

I guess its much easier for people to be told what to think rather than exercise independent thought. Sounds like the Soviet Union / current day Russia to me.
edit on 8-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Nice try

I guess its much easier for people to be told what to think rather than exercise independent thought. Sounds like the Soviet Union to me.

Soviet Union ceased to exist in 1991. Perhaps you should re-check your history.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And in spite of all, most of you posters are part of the west. Why are you against expansion of NATO? Because it can bring WW3? This is inevitable. Peace is better but think it that way - had NATO or the west never engaged and acted as a buffer to Russia, Putin would have done whatever he wanted and take parts of Ukraine step by step. So as much as NATO is too close to Russian territory, the whole engagement was needed to probably not repeat another USSR marsh westward...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CollisioN
And in spite of all, most of you posters are part of the west. Why are you against expansion of NATO? Because it can bring WW3? This is inevitable. Peace is better but think it that way - had NATO or the west never engaged and acted as a buffer to Russia, Putin would have done whatever he wanted and take parts of Ukraine step by step. So as much as NATO is too close to Russian territory, the whole engagement was needed to probably not repeat another USSR marsh westward...

If Putin wanted Ukraine, he could have invaded years ago.

He didn't.

He is doing what America does, protecting their interests (notice in the news, they always refer to them as their "national security interests" - that is double speak for oil, gas, natural resources et al.).

What Putin is doing has been done many times before, by America.

edit on 8-9-2014 by jajaja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Nice try

updated my post... and even though it ceased to exist as the USSR, its continued existence as the Russian Federation stands.

The Soviet union did not sign the geneva conventions until after WWII dealing with the capture of military members of foreign nations. Because of that Germany did not apply the standard to Soviet prisoners.

Now that we are done with the history lesson, lets move on.

We can discuss how the rebels have violated the cease fire several times now. Or maybe how Russian has more sanctions coming down the pipeline on them.

I guess its much easier for people to be told what to think rather than exercise independent thought. Sounds like the Soviet Union to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jajaja

and if NATO wanted WW3 they would have attacked the Soviet Union / Russia by now and have not.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
^ and to this:

Putin had a statement once when his child dream was to 'Restore Soviet Russia'. While the pressure from the west is what makes him be more warlike, there is no doubt he would have used any possible moment to follow his dream. Seeing how he has no opposition, like a modern way to deal with the 'annoying ones', looks similar to 1950s.

Russia hasn't changed too much in terms of rights, they have some of the west 'degrading' influence but this is all prosecuted...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

and if NATO wanted WW3 they would have attacked the Soviet Union / Russia by now and have not.

Nope, but they sure want Europe.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

^ and to this:

Putin had a statement once when his child dream was to 'Restore Soviet Russia'. While the pressure from the west is what makes him be more warlike, there is no doubt he would have used any possible moment to follow his dream. Seeing how he has no opposition, like a modern way to deal with the 'annoying ones', looks similar to 1950s.

Russia hasn't changed too much in terms of rights, they have some of the west 'degrading' influence but this is all prosecuted...

I had a dream to be an astronaut once. As do most kids.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Europe voluntarily joined.
East Europe voluntarily joined.

If Georgia and Ukraine want to join that is their business and not Russia.

Unless of course the west recognize Chechnya and Siberia as separate sovereign nations.

We done with the saber rattling?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Europe voluntarily joined.
East Europe voluntarily joined.

If Georgia and Ukraine want to join that is their business and not Russia.

Unless of course the west recognize Chechnya and Siberia as separate sovereign nations.

We done with the saber rattling?

Not all of us.

Some of us in NEUTRAL (officially) in the EU but not NATO and cannot and will not join without waving bye bye to INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED NEUTRALITY. That will not happen. Unless our country wants a coup

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

^ and to this:

Let us know when Putin grows up.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

^ and to this:

Let us know when Putin grows up.

He is a lot more mature than other politicans and presidents.

link   

Yes, and taking over Crimea is exactly because of the pressure by the west, not because he has a plan to get back whatever he can, strategic areas. Man, who are you kidding?

link   

Seriously you realize that just the state of California alone has a larger economy than all of Russia?? The fact that you believe energy deals runs an economy just shows you dont understand business. As far as the China deal Russia got raped by the Chinese on the deal. And it isnt enough to stop the damage done by sanctions. Now as far as debt simple whan an economy has a higher GDP they can carry more debt. Russias GDP is 2096.78 $ Bln the US is 16800 $ Bln So the US economy is no where near collapse GDP would have to drop to Russias level to cause a collapse and well that wont happen anytime soon at least.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ironic...

So if your nation joins NATO you would want to over throw it because you want nothing to do with it.

out of curiosity why the double standard?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes, and taking over Crimea is exactly because of the pressure by the west, not because he has a plan to get back whatever he can, strategic areas. Man, who are you kidding?

Perhaps you should get your own country in order first before dictating to others how to run theirs?

"We the people", well, what are "we the people" doing about it?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Ironic...

So if your nation joins NATO you would want to over throw it because you want nothing to do with it.

out of curiosity why the double standard?

We already had these talks in parliment, it was thrown out on the very grounds of internationally recognised neutrality (which saved our asses during the wars).

We the people did something about it and freed our country once before, we will do it again.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join