It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle For Strategic Mariupol Begins, NATO Vows To Do "Whatever It Takes"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

What people do not realize is the USSR was never a signatory to any of the rules of war / Geneva conventions. Because of that Germany did not treat them under those treaties.

This is the most asinine fascist comment coming on ATS in the recent postings.

WWII was not the first time mankind was fighting the war. The laws of human morality were learned over thousands of years. If you are sending your troops with message that Russians/Slavics are "not humans i.e. sub humans" then signing or not signing any treaty would not matter, killing them would like equivalent to killing an animal.

Germany got very lucky to have come out with easy punishment in WWII. 6 million Jews plus 10 million Soviet POWs died in captivity under "systematic destruction". That's too many crimes at hand.

Problem with fascism is the "voice of people" like you. Covering and arguing for their crimes under slick and diplomatic tone is another way of promoting their EVIL deeds in the future.

To control Fascism would require to "silence by mouth taping" voices of your types who are not under their flags but very vocal in common circles in support of them.

For each civilian killed by artillery shelling in Donbass, Kiev government will have to pay $1 Million in compensation to their families. Commanders of units ordering those shelings and officers promoting those commands will be taken to Hague and given harsh punishments of atleast 10 years in labor colonies.

edit on 8-9-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
What people do not realize is the USSR was never a signatory to any of the rules of war / Geneva conventions.

Lol..wut?

The Russian Empire signed the original Geneva Convention (1864) in 1867.
The USSR signed and ratified conventions I-IV and Protocols I & II in 1960 and 1989, respectively.
The Russians signed, but have not ratified, Protocol III.
edit on 8-9-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Problem with fascism is the "voice of people" like you. Covering and arguing for their crimes under slick and diplomatic tone is another way of promoting their EVIL deeds in the future.

Very well said, Victor.

There is still a little time for "american nation" to understand that their current 2 party political system turned into fascism in disguise. I don't even need to remind the past of Bush family, actions speak louder than words. Actually, I'm
against using the word "fascism", American system is not. But at present it is the biggest danger for the world.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Wow fascists hiding under every rock huh? Look out theirs a fascist see this speil only works in Russia because the Nazis almost took over Russia. This is nothing more than a ploy used by Putin to control the people of Russia. Oddly his government is a fascists state in alot of respects hes following Hitler in actions and deeds all the while claiming everyone else is fascist. My suggestion wake up before its to late fascism is easy to hide under the guise of nationalism which Russia is currently going through.

Russians want to be considered equals with the world especially Europe unfortunately in many ways there culture is still trying to catch up. Mostly due to corruption inherent in their political system.Russians need to know who to bribe to get what they need done and who needs to be paid off to keep them away. This makes progress slow and cumbersome for businesses in Russia. Than you have Putin and his cronies at the top collecting power and money in the guise of a government. Just take 10 min google Putin and see who he associates with and how much power his oligarchs have.Putin used his position to the point now the Russian people couldnt remove him if they wanted. Even when rules said he could no longer have his position he created a new one than changed the rules and rigged an election. Many Russians are sitting in jail today because they realize whats going on and spoke out.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Oddly his government is a fascists state in alot of respects hes following Hitler in actions and deeds all the while claiming everyone else is fascist.

Interesting you should say that...

Only those who are in complete denial can fail to see that Vladimir Putin is a fascist, émigré Russian historian Yuri Felshtinsky says, given that “this analogy is so evident” in the wake of the Crimean Anschluss and the Kremlin leader’s own words and promotion of openly fascist figures like Dmitry Rogozin.

However, Felshtinsky continues, when Dmitry Rogozin, now deputy prime minister, was promoted, that was a real and disturbing indication of where Putin is heading because “Rogozin is an open Russian fascist.” And that in turn means that a new-old ideology now “has been formed: Russian fascism.”

www.interpretermag.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

My problem with this is people are so gullible in Russia perhaps eventually they will wise up. But the reason i fiong it funny is this isnt the first time this fascist stuff was tried Stalin used it as well on anyone and anything that didnt agree with his policies. Since you seem interested in following the truth here read this article i found it interesting.

www.latimes.com...

Also learned something i didnt know Russians invented disinformation!

We get the word "disinformation" from the Russian "Dezinformatsiya," the name of the KGB division charged with propagating deliberate lies around the world. They were very good at it.

edit on 9/8/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

My problem with this is people are so gullible in Russia perhaps eventually they will wise up. But the reason i fiong it funny is this isnt the first time this fascist stuff was tried Stalin used it as well on anyone and anything that didnt agree with his policies. Since you seem interested in following the truth here read this article i found it interesting.

www.latimes.com...

Ofcourse the people in the US and UK are not gullable at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jajaja

www.latimes.com...

No they regularly call out their governments to the carpet so to speak this website is proof of that. So no as a general rule westerners are much less trusting of government and politicians and dont have that blind faith Russians have.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

www.latimes.com...

No they regularly call out their governments to the carpet so to speak this website is proof of that. So no as a general rule westerners are much less trusting of government and politicians and dont have that blind faith Russians have.

Yeah, this website is proof, the government is living in fear.

Perhaps that is what you all have been doing wrong the past 10 years, not posting enough, then the world wouldn't be in this mess.

edit on 8-9-2014 by jajaja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

No they regularly call out their governments to the carpet so to speak this website is proof of that.

No, this site is not the proof of western governments accountability.

Yeah, this website is proof, the government is living in fear

Also not true.

This site is just a site of general chit-chat. It have zero influence on the immediate actions of governments.
It may be monitored and all comments stored somewhere in NSA, but "fear" ? lol

edit on 8-9-2014 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

No they regularly call out their governments to the carpet so to speak this website is proof of that.

No, this site is not the proof of western governments accountability.

It is not the government that is only accountable in the US (and other places), the constitution ("We the people") states that the PEOPLE of the UNITED STATES are ACCOUNTABLE for the countries ACTIONS.

So, what have "We the People" done about it? Nothing, so "We the people" actually by their inaction, are lending SUPPORT to the countries actions.

The "We the people" are ACCOUNTABLE.

The world wants them to stand up, but we all know, getting out of that armchair is very difficult.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

www.latimes.com...

Perhaps that is what you all have been doing wrong the past 10 years, not posting enough, then the world wouldn't be in this mess.

Wow that makes very little sense as they say way out in left field. But as a general rule i agree with many of Obama's policies. I do believe he needs to stop with sanctions however because hes creating a dangerous situation in the future. At this point its inevitable the Russian economy will collapse in fact already starting. What hes creating is a situation where the people of Russia will get angry and desperate especially when they cant afford all that cool stuff the west makes and cant feed their children. Than Putin will have to fight for survival meaning more invasions of other countries much like Hitler did to stay in power. Hitler had to keep people in a state of war and constantly expand availability of resources to keep people happy much like the situation Putin will be in if not already. All sanctions aree going to do is increase Putins desperation making him even more dangerous than he currently is.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

www.latimes.com...

Wow that makes very little sense as they say way out in left field. But as a general rule i agree with many of Obama's policies. I do believe he needs to stop with sanctions however because hes creating a dangerous situation in the future. At this point its inevitable the Russian economy will collapse in fact already starting. What hes creating is a situation where the people of Russia will get angry and desperate especially when they cant afford all that cool stuff the west makes and cant feed their children. Than Putin will have to fight for survival meaning more invasions of other countries much like Hitler did to stay in power. Hitler had to keep people in a state of war and constantly expand availability of resources to keep people happy much like the situation Putin will be in if not already. All sanctions aree going to do is increase Putins desperation making him even more dangerous than he currently is.

The American economy has started to collapse years before the Russian economy, did you ever notice that?

Russia probably has more gold than Fort Knox has.

Russia just signed a big energy deal with China, where is Americas big energy deals?

How much debt does America have, how much debt does Russia have?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What hes creating is a situation where the people of Russia will get angry and desperate especially when they cant afford all that cool stuff the west makes and cant feed their children.

Sanctions, so far, did very little. As you know Cuba living under sanctions 50 years. Iran 10+ years. It is a very slow processes. In case of Russia, it may and already backpedaling hard on Europe too.
Russia is not isolated as Cuba and have a lot of other trade partners beyond Europe or USA.
Russia also made reciprocal sanctions baning some food from Europe. And it is already hurts Poland and Finland and Latvia etc

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Nice rant but it doesn't disprove the fact I gave.

The USSR was not a signatory to the treaties mentioned.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Nice rant but it doesn't disprove the fact I gave.

The USSR was not a signatory to the treaties mentioned.

Do you have a list of signitories and dates and treaties?

I like details. Details are important.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So, USSR wasn't signatory, but you used it as reason why Germans killed so many Russian POW.

The fact that USSR wasn't signatory of Geneva conventions may be interpreted as they didn't want to be accountable for POW,
and would kill more.
But the fact is Germans killed far more Russian POW, that is an important fact and not that USSR wasn't signatory.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

What people do not realize is the USSR was never a signatory to any of the rules of war / Geneva conventions.

Lol..wut?

The USSR signed and ratified conventions I-IV and Protocols I & II in 1960 and 1989, respectively.

What part of WWII did you not understand?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Lol..wut?

What part of WWII did you not understand?

All of it, really.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

So, USSR wasn't signatory, but you used it as reason why Germans killed so many Russian POW.
Nice try

I see we have another member of the confused on history club.

Since the USSR was not a signatory to the treaties, the Nazis did not have to provide the same protections given to other allied nations whose military units were captured.

Had you actually read my post you would have understood my point.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join