It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Forstchen: Day of Wrath

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
William Forstchen, author of the popular EMP book “One Second After” has put out a new book (a novella, really) that I think some people might be interested in. It’s called Day of Wrath. I swear, I think he must have churned this out in the last month or two, it was published on August 17th and plays on recent events heavily.

Forstchen

imagines a horrifying scenario where, in the course of one day, the terrorist group ISIS carries out massacres in schools and on highways across the United States. With a surprisingly small but well-organized and ruthless force, the nightmarish devastation brings America to a state of near-paralysis.

I haven’t finished it yet, but to have been written so quickly it is surprisingly well written. It’s also quite different from One Second After. I believe the tone of that book (One Second After) was one of cautious warning with a desire to inform people of the need to become more self reliant and prepared.

This story, Day of Wrath, has a much darker tone about it. It’s much more of an “in your face, pay attention to world events, or you’re going to find yourself in a nightmare” kind of tone.

I hope this doesn’t come across like an advertisement, I sort of just wanted to review it and let you know of its existence, but I didn’t want to give any spoilers.

It’s on Amazon Kindle right now for $3.99

For me, it was a bit of a slow start, but it picked up pace pretty quickly, and gets intense quickly too.
edit on 4-9-2014 by MojaveBurning because: more

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Reminds me of Red Dawn. Instead of the the Soviets we have ISIS.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Reminds me of Red Dawn. Instead of the the Soviets we have ISIS.

Yeah, but so far instead of people pulling together to fight the enemy, it's just disorganized chaos and slaughter. Sadly, I think it's a more realistic portrayal of what public reactions might be like in such an event (at least, in the first bit of time during/immediately after the "invasion").

join