It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albino Cobra on the Loose in Southern California

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
George Thourogood would use him for a neck tie.
At least that's what he says.

While having a drink out of human skull.

He was looking for a donor, network.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
George Thourogood would use him for a neck tie.

At least that's what he says.

He is bad to the bone soooo....

The man has a dinosaur for a chauffeur for crying out loud. If anyone could do it, it would be George.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: Rodinus

Sadly, you are probably correct. I am not a snake person but he is quite beautiful. I wish people would stop trying to make things like this "pets" then deciding to let them go instead of giving them to people who can care for them when they decide it's too much work or too dangerous. There are tons of folks in Florida that would have taken this snake in, no questions asked.

I guess that was too difficult though. Now the snake will probably suffer for it. I would rather he do so than any people, but still... It is a waste just because someone had a "whim".

That is what annoys me about ignorant people.... "OHHHHHH he/she "cute widdle snake" is soooooo cutey wootey... lets adopt him/her"

Then the poor thing either dies of manutrition or bites someone and has to be put down...

I have seen that over here with primates and it really piddles me off...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

If anyone find's it please don't hurt it or let the police shoot it, lol.

Don't worry I will not hurt it, but thats only because there is little to no chance of it making its way to where I live.

As for this absolutely beautiful cobra, I hope it finds it way to a safe place.

I have never had that thought about any snake. My first second and third reaction to snakes has always been pretty constant. Pew, pew, pew..

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A handbag also comes to mind with matching stiletto pumps!

Where's that amazon link. . .
edit on 9/4/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

Kindest respects from a veterinary surgeon

Are you really? My daughter is very interested in this field but she's only 8 now.
(I'm going to pm you a question in a minute if that's ok)

Do you see a lot of 'these' types of animals in your practice?
An ex once bought me a Sugar Glider and when looking at things to care for it I found lots of people trying to buy illegal pets that looked like they were 'pokemon'. It caused a big problem at some point.

Will answer you by PM

For information for those interested in adopting a fluffy wuffy endagered species just to look cool :

Please read and learn about CITES "Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora"

CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) is an international agreement between governments. Its aim is to ensure that international trade in specimens of wild animals and plants does not threaten their survival.

More here : www.cites.org...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4/9/14 by Rodinus because: Link added

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
A handbag also comes to mind with matching stiletto pumps!

Talk to my wife...

edit on 4-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I hear the stories all the time about anacondas, rock/ball pythons and reticulated pythons in the Florida everglades coming out to feed. They all started as pets and went to the best place in the US to escape and thrive.
My friend had snakes and the strength of a 10 ft. python is unbelievable. I'd think most would be unaware at just how strong these things actually are. His python pushed 3 50 lb. dumbells off a cage to get out once, after that it was just a matter of time before it escaped into S.PLFD, NJ(yet to be found) but that was at least 15 years ago and winter here is hard for a snake to survive in.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Rodinus
Sadly I am naming him "SHOT"...

Can I call him Belt after that? Or maybe Shoes...

How about dinner? Rattlesnake has a good taste I wonder what Cobra would taste like?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 4-9-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Chicken. It tastes like chicken.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This human habit of making pets out of every living thing is becoming a sick treacherous path. After cats and dogs humans decided to enslave lizards, birds, fish, tigers, lions, leopards, tarantulas, pythons, cobras... I don't know how sick human mind can get. Wat's the pleasure of trying to pet friend one of the most dangerous reptiles on this planet which once on the lose can endangered someone's life. Few years back my neighbor who lives two floors above me, had a snake (don't know the kind) which went missing and showed up three days later in a bathroom, five stories below. Ever since I never leave the bathroom door open and the lid is always close. And the worst, every time I have to use it, being it me or my kids, I have to make sure there is no danger. Snakes belong to the wild, poison snakes belong to the wild and them and other reptiles, birds, fish, mammals coexist with humans by belonging to the respective environment. I don't want to pass my days in fear because some nut bag finds it cool and cute to keep at home a venomous snake which in turn gets lose and can bite me in the @ss every time I use the can. Insane !!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I believe that sadly this animal will be captured and skinned... Hoping however that some reasonable person will have it captured and transferred to a local zoo so that it can live out the rest of its days peacfully!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4/9/14 by Rodinus because: Darned IPhone!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wow, I just looked at your location is that where you live because I am 15 minutes away!

Nice purse, it's sad how fast I found these:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It is.

5th Ave here we come.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Usually the most irresponsible people have the deadliest Pets.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Usually the most irresponsible people have the deadliest Pets.

Erm... I will have you know that I have a stinky killer kitten from the gateways of hell... (check through my posting history)

I am responsable... but a victim...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned the escaped cobra is beautiful and completely out of place. While I wish no harm on anyone, I don't blame any authorities for shooting it, if they happen upon it.

Gorgeous and deadly...

Shoot it if it cannot be contained safely.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Beautiful animal!

However, I don't envy the poor girl or guy who runs across this bad boy.

About 6 years ago, we had a snake get into our garage. When I turned on the garage light, this sucker raised up off of the ground and spat at me. The first thing I noticed was that this particular snake had the flap things on each side of it's head, just like a cobra. My first thought was that someone in our neighborhood had been keeping a cobra, and I was a little sad that I was going to have to kill their pet. But it was in my home and I had a 4 year old little boy in the house, so I couldn't risk letting this snake hang around.

So I grabbed a garden hoe, with the intent of chopping it's head off. The snake moved at the last second and I brought the blade down so hard on the concrete floor that it broke the blade off. So, I was reduced to beating said snake to death with the hoe handle, while yelling at my son to get his little butt back in the house. After the snake was thoroughly dead, I took a good look at him. He was nearly three feet long and absolutely wicked looking. Took a photo with my phone and sent it to my mom, who looked it up on the web for me. It turned out to be an Eastern Hognose snake who was likely looking for some toads for breakfast. However, they are technically part of the asp family and they really do have "cobra flaps" on each side of their heads!

But I promise the shock of seeing that big, bad-ass snake in my garage floor took a good five years off of my lifespan! I thought I was going to have a heart-attack right on the spot!

Here is what I encountered:

I can't imagine what I would do if I ran across an actual cobra...and snow-white, at that! Beautiful and terrifying!

*shivers*

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sadly I am naming him "SHOT"…

ROFL,

I hope he gets a chance to shoot back.

ETA: Is he a spitting Cobra, do we know?

Nah, he's a monocled cobra.

I am wondering why this is news? I guess because it happened in CA. Cobras get away all the time in FL ... at least they do often enough that Animal Planet makes shows about it. I kind of feel sorry for it because the odds that they catch it alive are reduced out there. If it were in FL, they have plenty of crews used to dealing with strange and exotic venomous critters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join