It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albino Cobra on the Loose in Southern California

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

FOX News: A potentially deadly albino cobra is slithering free in an upscale California suburb, and authorities are in a desperate search to find it before it bites someone.

The hooded viper, possibly an escaped illegal pet, has already bitten a dog in the Thousand Oaks community, and the Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control, which handles animal emergencies in nearby Ventura County, is warning people to keep their pets indoors and their doors closed until the snake is captured. The monocled cobra was described as "very dangerous and venomous" and, although it is not typically aggressive, it injects a neurotoxin venom that can kill within hours.

"Do not approach it, do not try to capture it, do not try to kill it," said Brandon Dowling, a Los Angeles County spokesman, adding that if the snake does bite someone, antivenom will be flown in from the San Diego Zoo.

The cobra was spotted and photographed Wednesday and appeared to be several feet long. It bit a dog on Monday evening, but the owner didn't report it until Tuesday, Dowling said. The dog, named Kiko, was seen on television reports sporting a large red wound on its neck but otherwise appeared healthy.

My friend just texted me about this snake which everyone is looking for(she lives nearby). She's afraid to go to the bathroom because a rumor was going around that it would come up out of the toilet, mental picture of that is not refreshing! If anyone find's it please don't hurt it or let the police shoot it, lol. But also be careful and don't get bit, that would ruin your day for sure.
I don't know, people just never seem to learn that keeping pets such as these eventually turns out to be a bad idea. Even if you are a world renowned lion tamer, it still does not exclude you from protection, the odds are not in your favor and will catch up with you eventually.
As for this absolutely beautiful cobra, I hope it finds it way to a safe place.

Hope your mornings are going well, AB

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I'm naming him "White Fang".

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
She's afraid to go to the bathroom because a rumor was going around that it would come up out of the toilet...

It will. Along with tarantulas and clowns.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: AnteBellum

I'm naming him "White Fang".

Sadly I am naming him "SHOT"... seems to be the IN thing to do in the States these days...

Maybe it/he/she should just be tazed and cuffed... (try cuffing a snake)... "humour"

Kindest respects from a veterinary surgeon

Rodinus
edit on 4/9/14 by Rodinus because: Crap humour

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AnteBellum
She's afraid to go to the bathroom because a rumor was going around that it would come up out of the toilet...

It will. Along with tarantulas and clowns.

You're going to give so many people nightmares now... Well done!

You would think people would stop bringing that crap over here and then letting it loose. Florida has some damn scary nature now because people act like that have never had any home training whatsoever. The only bad thing about that is, some of that stuff likes to travel out of Florida...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

You would think people would stop bringing that crap over here and then letting it loose.

So true. There is nothing worse than feral clowns.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You would think people would stop bringing that crap over here and then letting it loose.

So true. There is nothing worse than feral clowns.

That's exactly what Gacy said...
And Pennywise (probably).

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
Sadly I am naming him "SHOT"...

Can I call him Belt after that? Or maybe Shoes...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Sadly I am naming him "SHOT"…

ROFL,

I hope he gets a chance to shoot back.

ETA: Is he a spitting Cobra, do we know?

edit on 4-9-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Sadly I am naming him "SHOT"...

Can I call him Belt after that? Or maybe Shoes...

Why not "Shovel to the back of the head"?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I do not think I would get close enough to him to actually hit him with a shovel.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"boots"...

Things like this make me happy I live in Hellinois. Venomus slithering creature from hell? No thanks!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
"boots"...

Good call. Who else would have albino cobra boots?

Besides me of course.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I do not think I would get close enough to him to actually hit him with a shovel.

You could always slap it on the back of the head with one of these things :

Unless you live in Texas that is...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Might as well quarantine the entire state and set it on fire

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Sadly, you are probably correct. I am not a snake person but he is quite beautiful. I wish people would stop trying to make things like this "pets" then deciding to let them go instead of giving them to people who can care for them when they decide it's too much work or too dangerous. There are tons of folks in Florida that would have taken this snake in, no questions asked.

I guess that was too difficult though. Now the snake will probably suffer for it. I would rather he do so than any people, but still... It is a waste just because someone had a "whim".

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You could always slap it on the back of the head with one of these things :

Those work well on baby seals but I think it may be too slow for my future snakeskin accessory.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
George Thourogood would use him for a neck tie.

At least that's what he says.

link   

I wish people would stop trying to make things like this "pets"...

I just read that there are more tigers in American homes and backyards than in the wild.

I am a bit conflicted on this as they should not be in captivity but they are being poached into oblivion in the wild.

link   

Kindest respects from a veterinary surgeon

Are you really? My daughter is very interested in this field but she's only 8 now.
(I'm going to pm you a question in a minute if that's ok)

Do you see a lot of 'these' types of animals in your practice?
An ex once bought me a Sugar Glider and when looking at things to care for it I found lots of people trying to buy illegal pets that looked like they were 'pokemon'. It caused a big problem at some point.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join