It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police demand camera shut off and try to enter man's house when he's home with wife and kids.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
First, Id like to say I searched as best I could, I couldn't find this posted.

Here's the story for those that can't watch the YouTube video:

Domestic disturbance at a living complex, looks like townhouse style dwellings. A parolee beat up his spouse and seemingly fled. Police knock on a neighbours door and ask if they can search inside.

The gentleman at the door is taking none of it. First the police demand he shut off his camera phone, and also state at least once "stop shoving that in my face" which is ironic because they are shining flashlights at him. He demands 3 pieces of ID from the police citing a supreme court ruling (I'm unfamiliar with but perhaps someone else here knows), to which they ignore.

They then state what had happened and claim that the woman told them they are friends and that she saw the boyfriend/spouse run into this man's home after assaulting her. I don't really believe the cops as the way they came to say it, seemed like they were just using "trickery" (As they like to call it in manuals) on the fly. It is possible she stated the two are friends however, who knows.

The police then state they believe the man to be harbouring a fugitive (of all the BS), and again demand to enter his home. This goes on for about 2:30, but when they realize the man isn't giving in they tell him to shut the door.

During the questioning it's funny the police keep asking for the mans ID but then state they don't even know what the wanted man looks like. They repeatedly ask/demand things like they have a right to harass someone at their door in the middle of the night. No please, no thank you, just "hey, you're a dude and we're looking for a dude." Way to go Sherlock.

With all the stories in the news, the presumption these officers had that there might be a wanted parolee who just assaulted someone (probably thinking dangerous [with a weapon depending on history]) HOLY CRAP did the guy at the door ever make the right decision and handle the situation well.

Cops bursting into your home has a tendency to leave someone you care about, innocent, either tazed or shot. Either that or someone else arrested for god knows what. The attitude of the officers is brutal.

And the guy at the door does not seem that unreasonable, I imagine if they had approached him better he still may have not let them in, but would have been happy to chat. This is really not the way to bridge relationships between LEO and citizens and police should be embarrassed by this kind of thing.

For those of you that can watch the video, here you go:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Loved the final comment! Gold!

Typical cops. "Stop waving your hands around"

I always thought they wanted to see your hands.

P

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Does anyone else think that if he had stepped out fully off the porch they would have cuffed him for 'obstruction'? Good for him - he was calm, polite and insisted on ID and a warrant.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
There is something so very satisfying about watching a citizen asserting his rights. Good for him.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Nice write up and explanation of the vid for us mobile users with low bandwidth/limited data. That is appreciated.

These days I think I would rather have some random criminal type looking to harm come to my door than the police. At least the criminal doesn't likely have professional training on a regular basis on how to best kill.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Man that must suck, when the public has to educate the police in law!
SnF I enjoyed that thanks for the share.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

That was 2:46 minutes that the cops wasted when they could have been looking for the bad guy.

Awesome use of taxpayer dollars.

If only everyone was as astute as this fella. Cops and Cameras LOL

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Always nice to see thugs in uniform get schooled.
But, the defenders will be here soon, ready to rake this guy over the coals for not falling to his knees and thanking them for shredding his rights.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Always nice to see thugs in uniform get schooled.
But, the defenders will be here soon, ready to rake this guy over the coals for not falling to his knees and thanking them for shredding his rights.

Sad but true. I'm surprised they haven't arrived yet.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Loved the final comment! Gold!

Typical cops. "Stop waving your hands around"

I always thought they wanted to see your hands.

P

The comment......."stop waving your hands around"......is the 1st sign you re dealing with a dirty Cop.BEWARE!!!!!

This is the leglese they have taught each other, they need to put excusatory comments on tape and video to legitimise their murderous and criminal actions because they are are to lazy and undertrained and corrupted to do honest legal police work.

Police DO LIE IN AN ANTICIPATORY MANNER............as soon as they can,especially if you are recording them,this in itself is a criminal action,they are obstructing Justice by making needless comments which by proxy of being uttered by them justify escalating force to allow them to function physiclly without you "doing anything to them".

You see kiddo ,as soon as the UTTER THE WORDS you are in grave peril,they CAN force you to STOP DISTRACTING THEM BY LAW once they have established on tape that you are behaving agressively,and if we know them,this is also done SPECIFICLLY so their partners MAY LEGALLY RESPOND IN AN ESCALATED MANNER TO " ASSIST ANOTHER OFFICER IN DANGER" which gives them a free pass if they Taze or shoot you or your KIDS or anyone around them to DEATH.

Watch the Canadian Police forces when they are busted breaking laws online,.....listen to what they say pro-actively to set up crooked dynamics and situations so they will not be chargable....,they are wayyyy ahead of the Americans in the "screw the People through the System" PROGRAM,because the Canadian Judiciary System is MUCH MORE DEEPLY CORRUPTED AT ITS CORE IN CANADA.The support the Americans wish they had at the Judiciary level has ALWAYS been in PLACE in Canada, there is HARDLY ANY SUCESSFULL LITIGATION AGAINST LAW ENFORCEMENT ANYWHERE IN CANADA.....beware if you travel.

Watch an online tape of a Canadian Tazer MURDER, watch how they hit a victim with electricity AND THEN TELL THEM TO STOP MOVING ,....after they have lost control of their motor ,sensory and functioning capacity due to the original Tazer shot to their central nervous system....and cannot stop moving....as we all very well know.This is called Pre-meditated Assault and Murder.They repeatedly and clearly and as SOP say these words,they DO NOT ensure the person is not dieing,instead they pro-activelly cover the legalitys of their conduct by obstructing justice ,once they establish that you in fact HAVE NOT STOPPED MOVING BY VERBALLY SAYING SO they are legally allowed to INCREASE their levels of force,up to and including DEATH.We all know a person being electrocuted to death MUST KEEP MOVING,so this is pre-meditated assault and MURDER.

When a pattern of evolving legeslation based uponn prior intentionally erronious decision making is identified it will show the collusionry actions of multiple systems working together as STAKEHOLDERS in an effort to undermine the Peoples Systems.EVERY STEP OF THE PROCESS CAN AND WILL BE ILLUMINATED.

If they DO NOT VERBALLY SAY THE WORDS STOP MOVING..... then they CANNOT LEGALLY APPLY MORE KILLER JUICE TO THE TASER....they OBSTRUCT JUSTICE WHEN THEY SAY THE WORDS THEY USE.....these are aggressive tacticlly planned comments which are out of place and out of sequence and which are by PROXY CRIMINAL ACTS.

The Police work together with the Crown in Canada and the District Attorneys to set standards for LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE PEOPLE.... to set anticipatoery dynamics into play which make it impossible for the People to protect themselves from the Police abusing their limited powers.

The Legal System is an accessory to this crime in that they have created a LONG TERM clear record of collusionary decisions which when put together into a clear and understandable dynamic Template PROVE this collaboration to undermine and to commit "legally supported CRIMES" against the people,supporeted because the Prosecutors and District Attorneys WILL NOT PURSUE CHARGES DUE TO CLAIMED LACK OF EVIDENCE AGAINST POLICE OFFICERS IF SPECIFIC THINGS ARE NOT SAID AND DONE.......SO THEY TELL THE POLICE EXACTLY WHAT WORDS TO SAY AND NOT SAY VERBALLY TO SET UP ARTIFICIAL DYNAMICS WHICH WILL SUPPORT FUTURE CRIMES...The legal system TELLS THE POLICE HOW TO BREAK THE PEOPLES RIGHTS DOWN AND HOW TO ABBROGATE THEM AND HOW TO LEGALLY GET AWAY WITH CRIMES UP TO AND INCLUDING MURDER.

This is the Police department and Governments response to lawyers teaching criminals their rights,maybe if these people knew their rights BEFORE THEY BECAME criminals they would have chosen different careers realising the criminal quota was full already with District Attorneys and Crown prosecutors and Police officers and anyone else willing to lie for them.

When the people responsible for safeguarding the PROCESS decide to undermine and abbrogate the basic System,then it is time for a change or we will inevitably see some type of revolution against the system itself,which is exactly what we are seeing today.

In the past many crimes and murders were comitted by law enforcement on a consistant basis and consistantly covered up,if these multitude of crimes were not covered up the litigation would be EPIC considering how many idiots we hire and how many times these crimes were in the PAST SUCESSDFULY COVERED UP......as we see today with the internet and real-time data transmission, it aint so easy to get away with it now and the System DOESNT KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE HONESTLY ANYMORE,the checks and balances are all based on legalitys on standards set by District Attorneys and Crown prosecutors.

A Cop doesnt know how to be Cop, they do not know how to investigate crimes,they have been BY PERMISSION OF THE GOVERNMENT AGAINST THE WISHES OF THE PEOPLE trained to be STORM TROOPERS.

This is a much deeper problem than it appears to be on the surface.

This is about the people running the legal system AS MUCH AS IT IS ABOUT THE COPS comitting the crimes they commit regularly.

This is about the people who ENDORSE THESE CRIMINAL ACTS AND WHO WORK HARD 24/7/365 to find new and innovative legal methods of protecting the police who break the law.

When we see a video online all we see is the criminal actions by the police against the victims, we NEVER GET TO HEAR OR READ THE NAMES OF THE DISTRICT ATTORNEYS WHO FAIL TO OR REFUSE TO OR DECIDE TO NOT LAY AND FOLLOW UP ON CHARGES WHICH POWER INVESTIGTIONS.

Each of these crimes against the People is supported ABOVE THE POLICE LEVEL,by the Judiciry System, and it is EQUALLY IMPORTANT TO SHOW THE PEOPLE ...WHO....IS ACTIONING COLLUSIONRY CRIMES AGAINST THEM AT THIS LEVEL.

This means that simply seeing the crimes online on video is NOT ENOUGH, we need the NAMES of the District Attorneys and Crown prosecutors who CONSISTANTLY DISPLAY CRIMINAL TENDANCIES and abbrogate their responsibilitys.

We DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE A LOT OF LAWS....THE LAWS ARE GOOD...it is the men driving the bus who are not all good.

An overwhelmed System is no excuse for not doing the proper job by the Judiciary and law enforcement groups,this is the excuse the criminls use,life overwhelms them and they resort to crime,the path of least resistance,in this last 3-4 Decades the Legal and Police Systems have done the exact same thing as the criminals, they are NOT DOING THEIR JOBS they are tking the path of least resistance and to do so are intentionally ,techincally,and consistantly AS S.O.P breaking the same laws they are hired BY THE PEOPLE to support and enforce.

Take away the internet and the System would be ticking away just fine,pre-internet the Judiciary and Police Systems had FINE TUNED THEIR CRIMINAL ACTIVITYS and were looking quite unstoppable.

ADD the Internet and 75% of the people working in these Systems are now open to direct accountabliity,I mean seroiusly I have read a hundren posts here about the crimes the Police commit but I have never heard anyone point the fingers at the District Attorneys and Crown prosecutors who are ENABLING THESE CRIMES AGAINST THE PEOPLE by abbrogating their own responsiblitys based upon their loose interpretations of how to interpret the laws and legal terminology.

We also MUST all know that once we get to the point of recognising and investigating each District Attorney and Crown prosecutor who is collusionary by proxy then we MUST go up another step and identify the JUDGES who consistntly make peer supported decisions to suppot the people below them in this same legal system.

The Public Records hold ALL THE EVIDENCE OF THESE ACTIONS, it is simply a matter of now using the internet to OUT the UPSTREAM SUPPORT the men and women comitting crimes against the People now actively have at their disposal.
The GOOD MEN AND WOMEN WHO WORK IN THESE SYSTEMS ......CAN NOT.....stop the landslide of criminality and the longterm structures already in place within the framework of the legal system ABOVE THEM which supports dirty cops,it is the District Attorneys and Crown prosecutors nd Judges who do this,the GOOD MEN AND WOMEN STUCK INSIDE OF THIS INTENTIONALLY CROOKED AND DEFUNCT SYSTEM .... cannot fix things on their own.

This means once we work our way up to the Judges then we need to use the same patterning process to find and OUT the POLITICIANS WHO SUPPORT THE JUDGES AND PUT THEM IN POWER,and once we are THERE,next we go to the private people supporting the politicians and we OUT THEM.

Where is Jesse Ventura now he beaks off bout this stuff all the time but he never gets to the bone beneath the meat of the issues.

edit on 4-9-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Watching this has really cheered me up. Glad to see people doing this.

The idea of police acting on crime is nothing more than a smokescreen as far as ordinary people are concerned. I don't know if it was like this in the beginning but its obvious to see today.

The police are here to protect the rich and powerful, to preserve their authority and wealth.

Almost 10,000 police have been sent to Newport UK this week to protect 60 rich people belonging to NATO while they have dinner at some fancy hotel restaurant and discuss where the next war will be.

What's that got to do with burglary, stolen cars, assaults, rapes, and murder?

Police forces in the UK today are increasingly telling victims of theft, burglary, criminal damage, car theft etc etc to do their own investigations before taking evidence to the police. Find your own CCTV footage, look online yourself to see if your goods have gone up for sale. Search through social media to find out who did it.

Now this would be ok if I could also carry out my own punishment on the perpetrator. I'm all for looking after myself but we all know that isn't why they are doing it.

When police wear riot shields, helmets, kevlar vests, carry teargas and guns, deploy water cannon, and trap people for many hours often beating on them - which "us" are they protecting?

They are protecting the elite!

Power corrupts and the power the police are given turns them into power tripped nut jobs with a superiority complex. With the backing of the law they literally get away with murder

Police have given up on their cover story that they are paid to protect us. All they can do for us is fill out a form so we can claim on our insurance.

And when they are not physically harassing regular folk or guarding the elite they are squeezing every penny out of motorists to help pay for their military gear.

edit on 4848Thursday482014-09-04T07:48:48-05:004848 9 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Very cool.... the guy knew his stuff and sent them away a little bit more educated.
The attitude and arrogance of the police never ceases to amaze me.
The big cop on the left just starts grabbing at him and saying he's going to come in.... the guy with camera is like, no you ain't....

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Very cool.... the guy knew his stuff and sent them away a little bit more educated.
The attitude and arrogance of the police never ceases to amaze me.
The big cop on the left just starts grabbing at him and saying he's going to come in.... the guy with camera is like, no you ain't....

My wife's American and we live in Britain. Sometimes we talk about moving to the States - and then sadly, I read about the behaviour of the police in parts of the States and all of a sudden I feel... worried. I know that the police here in the UK have had their problems, but they're paragons of virtue compared to some of the horror stories from the States.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
EVERYONE should carry a camera. I believe that's the ONLY reason the police gave him ANY peace at all. If he hadn't had a camera, there would have been a much different outcome.

Good for him!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
A public who knows and understands the law is the last thing TPTB want.

But I gotta play devils advocate here:
What if the guy was hiding in the shower? If this cop had a witness saying that they saw him enter this apartment then the cop should've called in and got a search warrant and then stormed the place. But apparently the cops were making stuff up as they went or they would've done that.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They lie to get their way, shoot your dog, and then wonder why people don't trust them. Duh...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
For those of you waiting foe the cop defenders to come along, here I am, I would like to say anytime a cop tells you to turn your camera off he is in the wrong, I have been defending the actions of law enforcement for years, now even I have had enough.
The SUPREME COURT has decided filming cops is allowed and legal, any state regulation that says otherwise only still stands because it hasn't been challenged.
I believe in law and order.
When the police feel like the law doesn't apply to them, they become the very lawlessness they exist to prevent.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I don't know that this story hasn't been posted somewhere here at ATS already - but I've been thinking about this one for a while. I think it's important to remember that it's really not all cops - we get carried away with the headlines and these over the top stories - it's easy to start believing this is the norm. Still, something has definitely changed out there

War Comes Home: The Excessive Militarization of American Policing

All across the country, heavily armed SWAT teams are raiding people’s homes in the middle of the night, often just to search for drugs. It should enrage us that people have needlessly died during these raids, that pets have been shot, and that homes have been ravaged.

The story below is one of the featured cases at the above link

A SWAT team blew a hole in my 2-year-old son

My husband’s nephew, the one they were looking for, wasn’t there. He doesn’t even live in that house. After breaking down the door, throwing my husband to the ground, and screaming at my children, the officers – armed with M16s – filed through the house like they were playing war. They searched for drugs and never found any.

I heard my baby wailing and asked one of the officers to let me hold him. He screamed at me to sit down and shut up and blocked my view, so I couldn’t see my son. I could see a singed crib. And I could see a pool of blood. The officers yelled at me to calm down and told me my son was fine, that he’d just lost a tooth. It was only hours later when they finally let us drive to the hospital that we found out Bou Bou was in the intensive burn unit and that he’d been placed into a medically induced coma.

edit on 9/4/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Both the guy with the camera and the cop that said he'd pull him out of the house are douchebags.

Yes, you have rights against unreasonable search and seizure, but you don't have to be a dick about it--that's my main problem with these videos. The cop is looking for a fugitive who just beat up a woman, and all the cameraman wants to do is be a jackass. People like him do zero good for those of us who like to stand up for our rights against tyranny.
edit on 4-9-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So I can just show up to your house, in the middle of the night, unannounced, show no 'real' id to you, and still demand that I enter your home to look for my puppy that some unverifiable person SAID went into your home - your most sacred dwelling?

Yeah, Ill bet you dont let me in and tell me to GTFOutta here.

So how is this guy in the wrong by doing what any normal person in their right mind would do? Oh its because a 'cop' told him to do so, right I see your logic now, cause you know those boys in blue are never wrong, dont kill innocent unarmed people, and have never made a mistake by knocking on the wrong door.

Yeah Id tell them to GTFO too, same as I would tell you and same as you would tell me.

FTP!

Also edited to add this. If the cops were so concerned for that suspect being in that home and had reasonable suspicion, why didnt they come back with a warrant? I believe that invalidates your point on why he wasnt helping them and shows EXACTLY why he needed to be a dick to them from the get go. Come back with a warrant, he asked it like 6 times. Must not have been all that important to the cops then huh?
edit on 4-9-2014 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join