It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about race relations,some cold hard facts.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Eric Holder and Barack Obama both say we need a national discussion on race, and I agree. The fact is though unless they're willing to listen and admit where the problem really resides,and they aren`t, is all just lip service.
I found this video from Bill Whittle and he explains things very clearly and fairly about the truth behind race relations.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-9-2014 by fartsmeller46 because: mistake

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

Thank you!

He speaks the truth. Finally, someone speaks up for the truth.

edit on 4-9-2014 by chloe4412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Brilliant. The man should be commended.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The original opening dedication ceremony of the MLK Monument with its "mountain of Despair" was on 10/16/11

Upside down 11 9 11

Today is 2y10m19d from that date.
Reversed 911-2.

Why is Prince Hall Freemasonfy on the DIA capstone?

Why was there 911 days between the death of Maryin and the burial of Brown?

Why did black authors state in the year after 9/11 that the "rage" of blacks justified blacks leading the way to peace? Why is media filling out heads with images of blacks in 'saviour' and 'hero' roles?

This is all related. Rage does not bring forth peace, it brings forth death.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Year1
The original opening dedication ceremony of the MLK Monument with its "mountain of Despair" was on 10/16/11

Upside down 11 9 11

Today is 2y10m19d from that date.
Reversed 911-2.

Why is Prince Hall Freemasonfy on the DIA capstone?

Why was there 911 days between the death of Maryin and the burial of Brown?

Why did black authors state in the year after 9/11 that the "rage" of blacks justified blacks leading the way to peace? Why is media filling out heads with images of blacks in 'saviour' and 'hero' roles?

This is all related. Rage does not bring forth peace, it brings forth death.

Take another look at the season finale of The Last Ship.
Why is the "Granderson" family black?
Why are the warlords in the new port of Baal t more portrayed as wanting to kill the mother of Lt Grander-son"?

Why are there warlords meeting in Newport today, topic of discussion -ISIS?

Who is the son of Isis in the religions indoctrinating us with this stuff? "Horus" - Baal a false Christ

Why did Cristobal just pass up the east coast and pass over Iceland? What is meant by them in the MLK statue that shows a mour twin cleaved in two with its pyramid path forcing all to walk through it?

Understand the time in which we live. And seek the One True God with a heavy and honest heart.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Mour twin, sorry - "mountain"

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The problem with the race war is that it's being waged by really rich powerful people who don't want to see black people succeed. Yes, black on white crime is 25x or 200x worse like what's stated in the video. Even black on black crime is far worse than white on black crime. There is another stat which was popularized by a black author and blogger stating that black on black murders every six months kill more than the KKK ever did.

Link

So what is it? Blacks need to get better education and get their population out of the wanna-be gang banger mentality from a young age. The prison system, police and judicial branches need to stop persecuting blacks simply because of their zip codes.

They need something to be proud of. There are plenty of places in the world where blacks integrate or have cut out a small piece of the upper class, and it needs to happen in the West as well.

The pride within the community is misdirected as it stands, it needs to change.

The stats back it up and you can't deny it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

The fact he starts his presentation off with an inflamed situation speaks to motives far beyond the OP's title of thread.
Granted he does present facts of this situation, but right away he is positing this one instance as a representation of race relations. When it should be more accurately be scrutinized and classified as a police vs population issue.
He then presents his opinion that the Attorney general "put intense political pressure on the Ferguson PD to suppress this standard ordinary surveillance video" as well as claims the "video," "caused the destruction of his store, and left the man fearing for his life."
I do not know how the shop owner feels, but there is no evidence of store destruction from the video nor that the video caused it.

Addendum: The video shows someone (who I will assume to be Michael Brown) being openly hostile to another individual (who I assume to be the shop owner), but there is nothing in the clip to prove theft, let alone store distruction.
But this is not the argument I am going for here.

At this point in the video he switches to the argument of Police violence, specifically white police on black violence.
Police violence is not what this thread is about, as per the OP's title.

Going now into robberies: He has an impressive statistic, but his numbers are statistics.
408,217 robberies in 2009.
Population of the US in 2012 (the number a Google search gave me) 313.9 million
So that's 0.0013% of the population
still the same if you take 2009 numbers 305 million (0.00133%)

I agree with his asking where is the epidemic. 0% is a non statistic.

I'm not going to touch his statistics on race vs race violence as he dosn't include all races.
But I will look at his black on white violence with lazy statistics. I will multiply his 0.0013% of robberies happening to a citizen of the US by 25, to come up with 0.0325% or still less that one third of one percent. Still a statistical 0

His 52000 black on white violent crimes, multiplied by his 25 times still only equates to 0.004% of the population of the US in 2009.

His summation starts with the "white on black rapes and robberies had to be rounded to the nearest whole number: 0"
His numbers prove the same thing for black on white crimes.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I didint know crime had a color, show me stats that poor people vs middle class vs rich people for crime rates, now that would be an eye opener?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46
Eric Holder and Barack Obama both say we need a national discussion on race, and I agree. The fact is though unless they're willing to listen and admit where the problem really resides,and they aren`t, is all just lip service.
I found this video from Bill Whittle and he explains things very clearly and fairly about the truth behind race relations.

www.youtube.com...

Since Obama is black and was voted President by a mostly white population wouldn't that say the white population being the majority didn't care what color he was. If the majority didn't care about color why should the President, unless he is trying to use the race card again and again and again. I don't know if you will get your lip service discussion on race but if you do it will be staged and one sided, his side.
As for what is happening in Ferguson it could be described as the Black ops finally came up with an idiot magnet and it's working well, it's drawing people in from all over the country.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

You might want to recheck the math involved in your post. I get a tenth of a percent, not a thousandth of a percent. Multiply your results by a hundred and you'll be more correct.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

As someone else has pointed out your math is wrong. 1% of 300 million is 3 million. So .1% is closer to 400,000. (A tenth less)

To be more exact, it's closer to, 0.1335% (of 300 million is 405,000)

IN ANY CASE... though, the speaker is not getting at that. The problem is not exactly how many robberies per capita there are, but the attempt to make 'white on black' crime (whether by police or otherwise) as something of an "epidemic".

Now, whether you are a hard nosed cantankerous republican or a softy bleeding heart democrat there are two things that can't be ignored which strike each side down for their bias.

You can't have more black on white crime and higher black prison population without some kind of imbalance in the justice system. (Sorry republican asshats), but then, you can't have purely victims of race in this scenario either (sorry asshat democrats.)

The situation is a little more involved than both sides (the extreme of both sides anyways) would like to project.

So yes, there is an imbalance of black on white crime, as the speaker of the video is pointing out, that black on white crime with certain specifics can be 200x more.

In the media we wouldn't know because Ferguson and Trayvon Martin, et al. would like us to believe that poor innocent black teens are being gunned down. Yet the media hardly ever addresses misfired bullets in drive by's by black gang members killing innocent kids in the playground, or when black thugs murder a young white mother over some pizza, etc.

The media seems to push hard on black victimization but doesn't want to acknowledge any black on white crime, especially as a hate crime.

These cases are all out there, they are usually covered by local news outlets, but for some reason its the black victimization stories which continuously gain national press. Why is that? Especially when in comparison you can find that black on white crime is far worse.

There are plenty of predominantly black neighbourhoods that are recommended by police, for no white person to enter, under danger of harm and/or death. How many white, or other race neighbourhoods are there that can say the same for blacks?

Now, of course it's not just about race. It is much more complex, what you will find is that it is tied to region more than anything. Certain zip codes are targeted heavily by police, kids at an early age pick up BS charges simply to get them in the system and known to police. This is a policing tactic used in ghettos.

It just so happens these are the zip codes many of blacks are from.

It needs to stop, but both sides have to acknowledge the entire problem. It isn't just black racism on whites, and black crime on whites, so much as it is persecution of certain areas that bring residents into the revolving judicial system which tends to push the subjects into a life of crime. Destroying normal opportunities.

Something else can be said for Black idols as well. Jessie Jackson and the like are a cancer to black identity. Even MLK and Rosa Parks, while their stories are inspiring, they are not something to look up to.

Black role models tend to be civic rights fighters, or media moguls, which brings us back to rap/hip hop and the glorification of violence (in many cases). Please don't take this as me saying "all rap is violent", I'm not, but the plasticized version that is marketed to blacks at a young age definitely is aimed at dumbing them down.

For the example I am trying to convey, put it this way, a young white kid is picked on and bullied at a young age for being a nerd, but then he looks in the newspaper and says, "You know what, this aint so bad, Bill Gates is one of the richest guys in the world and he's a nerd."

And for young black children they are directed to someone who struggled for their freedom, (Like MLK) or look to rappers, black panther, etc for strength. And instead of them having black equivalent of Bill Gates, teaching them by actions, by example, that its okay to be who you are... they might pick up a gun and roll with their local gang to quash their insecurities.

Solutions = Future black role models / praise to successful black entrepreneurs.
Better regional education in districts that need it.
Support structures for single moms or families affected by the lopsided justice system.
The judicial branch reassessing how it handles people from certain zip codes, less targeting on ghettos with proactive policies to keep kids away from crime.
etc
etc
etc

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Thank you both. There was something sticking in my head about my math being wrong last night.

a reply to: charles1952
You are right, to get the true percentage you do need to multiply my answers by 100. Stupid mistake on my part (I plead lack of sleep due to being a new parent [he's one month old today]). But I don't believe it changes my verbal conclusions, even though it certainly changes the numbers.

a reply to: boncho
So in a nutshell you are arguing it is, in part, the police and a lack of good role models that is holding part of the population down?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

So in a nutshell you are arguing it is, in part, the police and a lack of good role models that is holding part of the population down?

Partly, what is "holding them down" is somewhat manufactured and some is the responsibility of the community. It's a complex problem with no simple answer, but the first step in fixing it is to address the real problems and stop with this highly polarized left and right paradigm using an entire race for platform boasting.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Many congratulations to you! I've got some cigars here if that's appropriate. Be a good role model, but I have no fears on that point.

(Sometimes I see the nits in a post and miss the main point. The numbers were just a nit.)

One of these days there will be an honest discussion about race. Right now our government seems to say that if we put more money into certain communities the problem will be solved. I don't see it. I also don't see any solution that won't be called racist. It will take insight, imagination and courage. We don't find it in our politicians, and Bill Cosby is getting a pretty cool reaction.

Maybe this Ben Carson guy? He came out of single illiterate parent poverty, maybe he's got a thought, but i don't know what it is.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I didint know crime had a color, show me stats that poor people vs middle class vs rich people for crime rates, now that would be an eye opener?

Well and all the big money crime, really hurtful sort that robs working folks of their savings and investments is all white collar. NO pun intended.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I would argue the first step is to find a national identity, rather than a sub culture (I.E. no more Irish American, African American, Asian American etc). At this point cant we all just agree to be Americans and move forward?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

If I may offer an unsolicited opinion? It will be exceptionally difficult to treat everyone as just Americans. Treating everyone equally would remove certain benefits, advantages, or programs, for people who would then scream about having their "rights" taken from them.

Very difficult, but a goal to work for. I wonder if the Supreme Court could order equal treatment for all. That might provide cover for the cowardly politicians.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I need to correct my "one month old" to 4 weeks old. He will be one month on the 7th (Wife picks nits. . . ).
Next time I'm out your way I'll take you up on that cigar.

Keep your nit picking. It's attention to detail that keeps us all honest!

Money doesn't solve problems, it only buys off the creditors for a bit.
I thought about including Bill Cosby as a positive black role model in my reply to Boncho. But if I am understanding your inflection correctly, you are correct in his cold reception from the black community, even though he is a very successful man, who has had amazing hardships in his life even after success.

I sadly do not know enough about Ben Carson to comment there, but I appreciate you putting the name on my radar.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

With all respect equal treatment was the vernacular America was founded on.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

www.archives.gov...

Even if the country hasn't held up the founding document to date, shouldn't we strive to at this point?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join