It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these new yellow borders about?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Just wondering why some of us have yellow borders around our points portion in the avatar area
I just noticed it and don't see a u2u explaining it

Thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

there are a whole series of " coloured borders " on the stats section - so I assumes its based on the stats - and colour graduation changes as stats accrue - look at a big thread
its obvious that's was happening - but I CBA trying to decipher the order of the colour scheme

EDIT TO ADD :

also line weight is variable too

edit on 4-9-2014 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I flagged this because I had not noticed it until you mentioned. I'm curious nowas well. Hopefully someone will comeby and explain why and how.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Ok thanks ape.

Hmm you have way more points than me, but we are the same colour I think. Hard to tell on your blue bg.

Ok will check a big thread out

ETA
Oh yes I see mine is thicker than yours. Haha

edit on 4-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Maybe it's like the old "Content Contributor" banners?? I've seen green, silver, and gold. Maybe green is for the newer members?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

It's the old gold and silver contributors from the previous version. Remember it used to be around the posts of the top 50 members?

The only problem now is due to a join date glitch in 5/3, members before a certain join date have supercharged points, which explains why you would have something like 500 stars per post average....

I think (not 100% sure), they have added a brighter green to the members contributors under the gold and silver borders too.

So in your case, you are in the 1%, but by default...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I wondered that now, but I don't make many threads but posting too much lately.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

I wondered that now, but I don't make many threads but posting too much lately.

Maybe it's some secret formula like the karma scores.
Now it's bugging me because I want to know what it is too.

Green can't be right for new members now that I see 74's post above. Mine appears to be silver and I NEED to know why...

I know what curiosity did to the cat, I just can't help it now.

ETA - That mine appears to be silver (on my end) when I am posting but reverts to green when I go to my "show all threads" page??
edit on 9/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar
Thanks

Yes I remember the old entire post border.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Now I notice my entire post has a bit of green around it. I'm thinking this is an OP thing? That would be handy to recognize the OP in a thread if it is

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Now I notice my entire post has a bit of green around it. I'm thinking this is an OP thing? That would be handy to recognize the OP in a thread if it is

I think that is an OP thing. I have noticed when I post a thread that all of my replies are bordered in green but nobody else's is. So I think you have that one right.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Yes you became silver. I have a green border around my entire post as well. Think that's because I'm the OP.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Exactly what it is. The OP in any thread has a pale green border around all their posts to identify them as the OP.

If I remember rightly it wasn't in the original 5/3, but added after being requested quite a bit.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Yours is always silver, and I think it is one of the legit top 50 posters as well.

I think Des, Beezzer and Slayer are still the top of the proper gold posters.

I wonder if there is still a list somewhere like in the old version?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Never noticed the post color.

edit on 4-9-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Given that green seems to be your choice of colour, I am surprised....

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I find it funny that the silver and gold level members always seem to be oblivious about silver and gold borders.

Here's a hint: might have something to do with those millions of stars jingling around in your posting stats

edit on 4-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Indeed.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Personally I have a very thick snot Green coloured border and very happy with it thank you very much!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I would think there is a way to get to it like the old search (maybe?) if we just knew how to go about it. I never noticed the color of any of them until now. I joined after the banners were already pretty much gone except for those few that still chose to use them.

Maybe it's a FEMA camp region colors...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join