It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Video of Russian Mechanized Division in Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This video pretty much says it all, if legit this is an all out attack from Russia. Reminds me exactly of Hitler's landgrabs while the British and French did nothing. This is Putin's land grabs and US and allies do nothing.

We don't need a war with Russia, but we signed a treaty promising to protect them for nuke disarmament. If we don't protect them, then our word is nothing for generations.

www.kyivpost.com...
edi t on 4/9/14 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Isn't it amazing that even in this day and age, we still can't soundly identify who an entire boulevard of tanks or other war equipment belong to?

Talk about fog of war.

Wacky world we live in.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Isn't it amazing that even in this day and age, we still can't soundly identify who an entire boulevard of tanks or other war equipment belong to?

Talk about fog of war.

Wacky world we live in.

That's it, the Ukraine Army uses Russian Equipment.
Who's to say if those are Russian with out see an identifying unit marking on a vehicle or uniform, wouldn't you agree?
OP S & F for bringing this article to our attention.
edit on 4-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Thats an invasion force with the fuel to support it!
Puty the fruty has intentions to invade if necessary!
And just incase they have to encounter a greater force (NATO/US etc) has brought plenty of hardware!
Dangerous if true!
Petit Pois Cameron and Obama will let it happen!
Just like there are letting ISIL bucther and slaughter innocent men, women and children!
Im ashamed to be a Brit!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

So you are ashamed to be a Brit because we are not "over there" killing people?

Do you not feel ashamed that we aided the US in forming and arming / training ISIL in the first place? Are you not ashamed at the outright lies we are fed by Cameron on a daily basis? Are you not ashamed that our dear leader allowed a US State Dept flunky to say "F**k the EU", disrespecting our own leaders, without uttering a peep?

Why the hell should anyone from the UK have to get killed or maimed for American aggression and failed foreign polices and other such madness, just because our lapdog leadership think we have a "special relationship" with the USofArseholes government?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

So you are ashamed to be a Brit because we are not "over there" killing people?

Do you not feel ashamed that we aided the US in forming and arming / training ISIL in the first place? Are you not ashamed at the outright lies we are fed by Cameron on a daily basis? Are you not ashamed that our dear leader allowed a US State Dept flunky to say "F**k the EU", disrespecting our own leaders, without uttering a peep?

Why the hell should anyone from the UK have to get killed or maimed for American aggression and failed foreign polices and other such madness, just because our lapdog leadership think we have a "special relationship" with the USofArseholes government?

If you allow Puty to take Ukraine then whats the point in having NATO and who will be next. Puty is no different to Hitler. He is
both clever and deluded. The big red bear is no longer and never will be again! And getting into bed with the other red one wont help!
Hes massaged the Russian constitution so he can be arround in power in one role or another for life. He should be named PUTLER!! And no good will come from his ways. He is in my view responsible for the Malay Airliner being shot down because he allowed Russian tech to be supplied to the Pro-Russian Sepratist!! he just another animal in a suit!!!!

I am ashamed because (regardless of our passed mistakes) we are ignoring the inhuman savagery being conducted by these vermin who are british and doing f..k all about it!

I not ashamed of someone I would guiotine if half the chance (Queen included)!!!

What about dealing with the Brits that are commiting much of the genocide!!!

Next head to be cut off will be DH the aid worker and the UK Gov will do f..k all!!

I have no liking for the US's ways nor those of Cameron and his cronnies!!!

These Brit jihadist vermin are not fit to carry a Brit passport and should be dealt with by the UK Gov. Kill our own vermin!

edit on 4-9-2014 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Video posted from Kiev post, not a trusted worthy source.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
At first I was thinking this was an armored formation, but I do believe it likely is mechanized, as those appear much more like BMP-3's or some other similar IFV. I say that because the BMP's are amphibious, and they have a very similar skirt on the side of the vehicle. But modern forces are much more likely to be combined-arms forces as well. You also have motorized infantry here, which is basically called motorized when the personnel carriers are not armored. I am referring to the transport trucks, which are designed for carrying infantry. If I am wrong, and those are not IFV's, but rather tanks, then this is likely a combined arms force of armored and motorized brigades, or likely battalions in this instance. A brigade usually has at least 3 battalions, and up to around 6 or so. I don't think it is a division as there did not appear to be enough of anything, as divisions are quite large. Perhaps we just didn't get to see the entire thing, but I still have a feeling this is less than a division. A battalion generally has anywhere from 300-1300 infantry troops, which seems about fitting for what we saw in the video, although Russia, having restructured their military a few years ago, switched from focusing on division-level deployment groups to brigade-level deployments. Therefore rather than seeing a single battalion, we are likely seeing at least 3, maybe more, or a single brigade.

I also know that some of the Russian armies, after restructuring, are not really armies at all, but rather seem to be division-sized armies. Which makes it more plausible that we are seeing something less than a division. I just pulled up the order of battle for the Russian army, and everything does seem to be brigade level. They have a lot of motorized brigades, which again, are different from mechanized, although they might be a combined force of motorized, mechanized, and armored, or Russia might just use different terminology. They seem to have mostly infantry brigades, and very few tank brigades, at least less than the number of artillery brigades. They even have missile brigades. They have a number of what are termed "separate motorized brigades," but I don't know what those are exactly. Maybe like support brigades, which in Russia seem to be heavily undermanned. I would call a 400 man brigade pretty highly undermanned, lol.

One thing about the restructuring of the Russia military allows them to be more effective in conflicts like the one potentially with Ukraine. The military used to be structured into military districts, armies, divisions, and regiments, but now is structured into military districts, tactical commands, and brigades. This is effective because divisions are much too difficult to handle in small or even regional conflicts, and regiments in Russia lacked the proper support systems, as there weren't enough of various types of weaponry, among other problems. This made a regiment somewhat useless for conducting independent operations. So this is why they have a brigade-based system now.

Anyway, this was probably useless information for most people. Now on to what was intended with this thread. The first thing that comes to mind is that we have no real way of knowing whether what we are seeing is in Russia or Ukraine. Second, we have no real way of knowing whether these forces belong to Russia or Ukraine. Therefore I think it would be a mistake to assume that Russia is invading Ukraine at this point. I still don't think Russia is actually going to invade Ukraine, which just makes me even more skeptical that this is what we're seeing.

I will say this...Whoever they are, they appear to be a lot more polite than some of the videos I saw of US troops driving their vehicles in Iraq. At least these guys are driving on the shoulder, instead of weaving in and around civilian vehicles, or running them over.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

It would make more logical sense to say that these armed vehicles in the video are the Ukrankian armored division whom are retreating from the eastern front in Ukraine.

This also suggests that the Kiev government is desperate to use all forms of propaganda agaisnt Russia in order to give an image and claim that the Russians are invading.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Most probable this video was made in Crimea. I don't know any other places with intercity trolleybuses.
Voice that we can hear speaking Russian, doesn't sounded worried. Some signs on the trucks are written in
Russian.

edit on 4-9-2014 by kitzik because: addition

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: loam

Talk about fog of war.

Wacky world we live in.

That's it, the Ukraine Army uses Russian Equipment.
Who's to say if those are Russian with out see an identifying unit marking on a vehicle or uniform, wouldn't you agree?
OP S & F for bringing this article to our attention.

The Newer advanced T series tanks and the long range missile for starters!!! Ukraine does not have them cause they never bought them.

Putin is playing with fire. If say Poland sees this as a threat and sends in tanks to Ukraine to protect them, its on like Donkey Kong. Especially dumb with 1000 U.S. troops and their Armor landing there this week for a big exercise cough cough. Lets see how good the Russians are in their crap that we have been blowing up for decades.

Serious note, I never want a war with Obama leading the charge, let alone one against Russia.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

wait where you see any long range missile on that video all i see are bmp tank troop transport and some fuel truck
??

top topics

join