It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we exist before becoming human?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

Your thought process has a major setback.

Jesus died on the cross for mankind. If we get to keep coming back...reincarnation...(what a joke) ..... then there would be no reason for Jesus to come and give up his life would there? But he did .......

You get one chance at life not as many as you like.

Reincarnation is not in the bible.

Yes people believe they will becoming back.......it is called the resurrection NOT reincarnation.

Reincarnation is a lie.

As an agnostic looking in at religion, I'd say that Buddhism (meaning reincarnation) is the most likely of being true from what they preach and practice. The idea that god gave us ~70 years to get it right and if we fail, we are doomed for eternity to burn in some pit of fire (or at least be locked out of heaven) is the most laughable (not to mention mean spirited) thing I could imagine. That's like giving a 5 year old a week to research and choose a career path for the rest of his life and once chosen, he is unable to change his mind. The poor kid wouldn't even know where to begin and would undoubtedly make a mistake in his choice, unless he was INSANELY lucky about said choice.

The fact that you think reincarnation is a joke shows your brainwashing. You probably can't even contemplate that the bible could be (probably is) bull crap and have dismissed reincarnation because it isn't in your book. To me, as someone who isn't any religion, if I were to choose a religion, I would choose the one that resulted in everyone reaching the divine eventually and at their own pace. Buddhism literally is everything Christianity claims to be.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

I thought you were serious, now it's obvious you are just a troll...

Jaden

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Why would God command us to not kill, then send himself down as Jesus to have the Romans sacrifice him (who didn't believe in his divinity) on a cross so that we could be "saved" from sins he spelled out in the Old Testament?

I don't see the logic here?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've always had sense of reincarnation was real,I might of gotten some hits here and there ,but than i don't remember the details of it.

Have you ever thought about genetic memories, if you could some how tap into the genetic memories you should be able to go way back before we where humans.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You entire premise seem be based on you actaully having a choice, that life is something you choose regardless of form and matter.

I think it's the exact opposite. You just plainly exist, and in this age as a human being.

What you can learn however is to be more balanced and more in tune with the pure form of being which could in human words be boiled down to the idea of "energy" or "vibrations".

But even when you gain that balance, you'd still not have a choice other than being because you are not separate from what is going on here and now.
Humans tend to think of themselves as a point in time and space; here is here and back then at the big bang was back then and is separate from us.

Think this instead:

- you are still the big bang. All this…. life, planets, stars, the solar system…. that's the big bang going on still.
We just can't fathom it immediately because our reference of time is a basic live expectancy of 80 years or around 185 cm / 6 foot.
So the on going big bang that is creating all this wonderful show seems like a long drawn out exhaling.
But if you zoomed in a snails trail 1000.000 times, that slow snail would travel like a race car.

You shouldn't worry about why you are human now and what you were before. The only thing that matters is being present here and now… if you ever accomplish that, you will, like Watts say, find out that if you are your right foot then you are the sun and you will laugh yourself silly.

If you want the scientific version, then go past the perception of matter as being an arm, a chair or a rainbow.
Look at the raw data ( or imagine it if you can )… deep down, at the basic level, EVERYTHING is made of the same thing.
At one time we thought atoms were the smallest, then came even smaller and smaller things that humans put words on to describe.

I reckon that at the most basic level, there is something that words can't describe and even calling it vibrations or energy might not even be the right way to look upon it.
I also believe that this something is never ending…… eternal, and since it being eternal, then what ever makes up what you perceive as you, here and now, will at some point disassemble and become a new combination that forms something else entirely. Maybe a plant like object on some distant planet, or a star or maybe just….. pure vibration.

I think that was what the hindus and early buddhists were striving to achieve. I'm not totally commited to their idea of there still being a divine Mother, but I do believe that the entire universe is one happening and that our "conquest" of space is being done the wrong way, because we subject ourselves to the self perceived limitations of this physical body.

Watts say several times during his lectures, that we are all playing a game. That we are basically the universe playing hide and seek with itself. Pretending not to be this divine Mother. That we put on a show and that we enjoy this.
We are all a cosmic actor's greatest feat. And that the reason we don't see we are everyone and everything is because we don't understand that we actually are that right here and now….

Even doing yoga and meditating for the sake of stilling your mind or achieving nirvana is a way of tricking yourself into not achieving it. You are creating a race with obstacles for yourself that aren't really there in the first place, because the goal you are trying to achieve is something that you already are….. you either just choose not to believe it or don't understand it.
You should know what meditation is and what it can do, but you shouldn't do it for that reason….

Hence the expression: he who know's nothing, knows everything and he that thinks he knows everything knows nothing.

It's a tricky expression that most people misunderstand.

So… stop chasing the past, or the future. None of them exist. There's only here and now, and it's the only time you will ever have a choice to do either this or that.
edit on 4-9-2014 by IWasHereEonsAgo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2014 by IWasHereEonsAgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

The metaphysical eye(s) and SENSES 3rd eye? are not physically based primarily on this 3 Dimensional plane that the physical eyes and senses see experience with (but they can tune into the 3D eyes - senses frequency for observation/evaluations) and so metaphysical and physical eyes see in different spectrums sort of like a flower or person is observed within different perspectives by insects or cameras that can see in UV
EX.

Interesting. Are you able to explain it without using analogies that relate to the physical world?

Non-physical eyes are not eyes at all. Are you able to describe these metaphysical senses, and their operation, without the use of physical analogies?

1 shall try...
vision in this reality is = to the visual SENSE obtaining information perceived with the eyes and formulating this information within the brain into comprehensive data for the body to maneuver through this reality.

Vision is a part of a system of acknowledged SENSES.

A sense is a physiological capacity of organisms that provides data for perception. The senses and their operation, classification, and theory are overlapping topics studied by a variety of fields, most notably neuroscience, cognitive psychology (or cognitive science), and philosophy of perception. The nervous system has a specific sensory system or organ, dedicated to each sense.

Humans have a multitude of senses. Sight (ophthalmoception), hearing (audioception), taste (gustaoception), smell (olfacoception or olfacception), and touch (tactioception) are the five traditionally recognized.

When discussing the 3rd eye(s) and seeing-experiencing SENSING the metaphysical-realm(s) there is a further attachment of Sense not acknowledged by some, as many are only attached receptive to this reality of which their eyes-ears-mouth-nose-touches can understand.
But this is due to what the AWARNESS level learned is, for many are taught to recognize what senses are otherwise they wouldn't even know what was going on when these 5 senses are experienced and operating nor would any know how to explain and comprehend them.
With this in mind it is possible that some know there ARE more senses but haven't taught them or perhaps some have taught them but many ignore or deny out of ignorance to what or how many objective senses exist in total objective reality...
As has been shared long ago the HUMAN is taught they possess a more meta part the SOUL this soul is not totally tied or trapped within the normal boundaries of existence as the human flesh. Flesh that is basically made of material from the planet, a planet that came from remnants of a STAR or STARS.
So in that phase of existence before our current bodies were obtained what were we during the pre SUPERNOVA Nebula period when we were ALL connected within the STAR(S) that provided the remnants for the planet to develop within as well as SOL. Where eventually a conscious human body was grown (of course not the current version sapiens sapiens but the original primate or fish? form)
Where we conscious in those pre forms Aphorism
Your answer depending WILL assist you in understanding the HIGHER SELF more, for if we were conscious during the combined form or ALL as STAR form before being separated @ Supernova period and reformulated into new Cosmic material which became part of the forming planet and then us. How could we not maintain some form of uniqueness in character of SOUL during and after separating. This character attribute unique to each of us to 1 subjectively signifies our HIGHER SELF identities some of us may have been more of the explosive causing elements of the SUPER NOVA why others were elements of the ENERGY that kept us all combined as the STAR. See differences in personality... Did we have the same senses then in that form as we do now in current forms? hmm maybe but why? Why would we in STAR form need to think and sense perceive a future human based reality. You would think in those forms like STAR the senses would be completely different then in the human form senses. Different forms generate different senses usage.
Does a STAR need to see with human eyes material made from another star or does a STAR see the ways the STAR before it or that provided its nebula growth pool seen and sensed. So humans or others beings made from STAR material may or should be in possession STILL of some of our original SENSES tied back to the far past before we got separated and grew these eyes to basically see and sense on believe it or not a more micro level of existence as we shrunk from our original selfs into these current fragile forms based inside this micro existence. The HIGHER SELF is who you were when we were all combined and still is you even though separated into this micro physical realm. A realm where we look up @ the MACRO @ MASSIVE STAR(S) and try to fathom an understanding of something that was here before we were reformulated into these updated versions/bodies.

Aphorism maybe if you try to associate the behaviors of STARS if not further the universe, you can get a better feel of your HIGHER SELFs sense capabilities. Look @ how many different observation lenses or satellites and other equipments are currently required to SEE Perceive the current universe of which many seek to understand and factor in w/o those extra lenses/senses on those observer equipments how much would not be understandable now think of your current body and objective reality and how much the micro human senses are not picking up...

I hope this helped you more as 1 has observed your post and input on the meta realms Aphorism.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Reincarnation in BIBLE

Revelation 6:9
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

WITH MEMORY OF PAST

Revelation 6:10
And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

AND CLOTHED? new or old bodies 1 wonders?
Revelation 6:11
And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Why would God command us to not kill, then send himself down as Jesus to have the Romans sacrifice him (who didn't believe in his divinity) on a cross so that we could be "saved" from sins he spelled out in the Old Testament?

It's called circular argumentation. In formal logic religious fallacies are numerous when it comes to this type of argumentation.

Unfortunately religion and metaphysics in it's purest form can only be experienced from the "I", or the "Self", hence making, and/or presenting proof is impossible.

edit on 4-9-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
wow, vava viva! what a great thread!

I read everything and those posts which are describing actual experiences did resonate with me and some gut filling is telling me to believe and have faith in myself to continue on my path and those experiences will come naturally sometime if you decided to follow a path to explore one inner self.

But how did all of you get to that level of awareness, do you have some advice for people who are willing to try and figure it out for themselves. What did work for you, meditations, yoga? Are there some requirements to fulfil before a person can experience successful OBE and explore other planes of existence.
Why can some people do it naturally or even by accident. But some people have trouble to get past this step even though they are very devoted and are putting in a lot of effort. What are your thoughts about that?

I often have very vivid dreams about flying. Man I love them. I feel so free in those dreams. Ever since I started to get into meditation those dreams keep happening. Not many nights ago I flew over my village in my dream at daytime and there were some people around and we were doing something - don't know what but it was a happy dream or at-least that is the filling I get when I try to remember it in detail.

But that is about it for me and my awareness in dreams

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Before we arrive here we have to fill in a form, see below

Pre-Incarnation Preference Form
Scope:
Dearest Soul, the following form is to help you when you reach the end of the incarnation that you are about to undertake. When your imminent adventure ends you will be disoriented and confused, once settled you will partake in a review of the life you just experienced with your ascended mentor, during this time you will be able to use this form to see which choices you chose for yourself and together you can discuss if your journey was beneficial.
Note 1:
Please select only one choice from each category.

Ethnicity (In order of evolution only)
• Negroid/Black
• Mongoloid/Asian
• White/Caucasian
• Mixed
• Let the Universe decide

Parental/Upbringing Status
• Highly Privileged
• Privileged
• Comfortable
• Poor

Country of Upbringing
• Rich - communal, safe, developed
• Comfortable - communal, safe, developed
• Variable
• Oppressive

Life Challenge
• Extreme
• High
• Medium
• Low
Intelligence
• High - extreme
• High
• Medium
• Low

Physical Appearance
• Attractive - extreme
• Attractive
• Average
• Below average
• Below average - extreme
Note 2:
The previous options have been deemed acceptable for personal choice in the process of ascension; all other personal traits cannot be chosen as they are essentially the evolved characteristics of each soul, development of characteristics is of course the cause of ascension itself.
The choices you make will determine your experience and your experience will determine the choices you make on your next adventure, should it be required.

Note 3:
Please discuss this form with your ascended mentor before filling it in, your ascended mentor will of course be unable to influence your decision but can help you clarify what qualities you should be striving for.

Note 4:
Please speak to your ascended mentor for advice on the billions of useful guidebooks available from the experiences of other souls. With titles such as ‘One lifetime away from ascension and I incarnated as a Rothschild! Back to being an amoeba’, or ‘Why I always ended up being a serial killer. Breaking the cycle’ and ‘So Jesus isn’t ok with guns! I guess I should’ve seen that coming’, there’s guaranteed to be something help you choose the wisest path.
Good luck.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is possibly the most interesting and appealing thread I have read to date on ATS. I can relate to some of the things you talk about such as the precognitive dreams which I have on a regular basis but put it down to my mind creating this feeling of familiarity as a way from my mind to understand and feel the situation.
Some questions I would like to ask out of curiosity which you may or may not be able to answer or that they are so irrelevant they don't deserve an answer
I see some people have brought up the idea of the world population expanding so are these new beings being inserted into the system. But is this just a creation by our own awareness in order to add to the building blocks of the reality. Basically is it just the same beings being reinserted with many of the population not active consciousness but just you fleshing out your reality?
Also is it by my own design that there is a reality where if one tries to connect to these thoughts one is deemed not stable?.

Without sounding weird I find you very interesting from some of what you have said and a lot of what you have said resonate with me, some in a way I cant understand. Hopefully I can further my understanding to a fraction of the level you are at. If must bring you a lot of peace.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Istari777

i think my ascended mentor gave me some bulls*** advice haha

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Nor do you want too.
But that's a different topic I think.

edit on Rpm90414v55201400000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
To make it clear from the start, I’m not a practicing philosopher or metaphysicist. Not even close. To be honest, much of what I’ve read in this thread so far has gone right over my head. I’m in no position to take issue with any of the ideas expressed here so far. Many of them I find quite interesting, and many of them I don’t understand at all. However, I like this thread and will check on it from time to time to see what others have added to the discussion.

Personally, I remember nothing before the age of around 2, and have always thought that when I go it will likely be the same as it was before I got here. It’s not a very pleasant thought, but I’ve never been aware of any evidence to convince me otherwise. This is not to say that I’m totally spiritually lacking, but rather that I’m unable to comprehend a level of awareness (excluding drug-induced) other than my own. I know that humans are not the only consciously aware life on this planet, but I don’t know how far it extends. I can say that a rock is not conscious, but I don’t know that for a fact. A clear understanding of conscious awareness and sentience has eluded our greatest philosophical, scientific and metaphysical minds since the beginning of human-kind.

I guess what I’m getting at is, it’s hard for me to accept things on the basis of blind faith alone. I’m not aware of any previous incarnations of myself. I, of course, have read about others making such claims, but it’s not in my personal experience. So for me, the jury’s still out.

I tend to believe that the universe is capable of infinite diversity in the way it manifests and expresses itself, and yet at the same time exists as a unified whole. And being a part of this unified whole, we cannot seperate ourselves from it as independent observers. Therefore, we will forever be unable to comprehend any objective truth, or reality, about our existence. We must continue on our quest for truth, however, as it gives us a purpose and reason to exist. Not to mention all the new gadgets that progress brings!

Sean Carroll, a cosmologist at Cal Tech, once made an insightful observation when he said, “We are part of the universe that has developed a remarkable ability: We can hold an image of the world in our minds. We are matter contemplating itself.” That has always stuck with me...

Recently, it’s been suggested that consciousness may simply be an exotic state of matter, though it’s hard for me to get a handle on it in that sense. However, I’ve often thought of people as being little more than ambulating bags of ions, so maybe it’s not be so far-fetched after all :-)

In recent years there has actually been some serious research done in the scientific community (mainly in neuroscience and theoretical physics) in an attempt to better understand/analyze the metaphysical realm of consciousness. Two of the more interesting studies I’m aware of are as follows:

1) The integrated information theory (IIT) model of consciousness
This work was done by Giulio Tononi, a psychiatrist, neuroscientist and professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, who proposed the integrated information theory (IIT) model of consciousness. It’s pretty much based on a couple of simple axioms: 1) conscious states are highly differentiated and informationally rich, and 2) this information is highly integrated. In other words, we do not see the world as simply black or white, left or right, or up or down, but rather as a multitude of levels/probabilities/shades in between. Whatever information we’re conscious of, it is wholly and completely presented to our mind and cannot be subdivided. It then builds on that. A basic overview of this theory can be found in the Scientific American article, A Complex Theory of Consciousness.

2) Consciousness as a State of Matter
In an attempt to generalize Tononi’s work (above) in terms of quantum mechanics, Max Tegmark of MIT has postulated that consciousness may simply be an exotic state of matter called “perceptronium”. He maintains that consciousness can be described in terms of quantum mechanics and information theory. Rather than trying to explain Tegmark’s methods and approach to the problem myself, you can find the paper and read it yourself at arXiv:1401.1219 , or for an overview at the Physics arXiv Blog .

I wish I could contribute to this thread, but I’m afraid I’m clueless. The fact that I even exist at all baffles me. Sometimes I feel like this very, very short and limited window on existence (aka my life) has been bestowed upon me for reasons unknown. Oh well, I look forward to reading the other posts. Nice thread...

PS: Oh yeah, the answer to the thread title is “Yes, we have always existed. We are star stuff...”

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Excellent reply Jaden. I appreciate this understanding and the idea that the apparent lack of free will within this human perspective can be viewed in this context. For the most part I find it acceptable to me within this limited human aspect of a larger existence. However, I am not so sure that there is no free will within this limited human condition.

Now, I understand that most of what people call free will upon this earthly plain are really just coke or pepsi choices. That many examples that one might cite of free will on this plain are really noting more than the playing out of synoptic preferences developed over the term of ones physical life. These pre or extra life choices you suggest fit nicely into what we consider to be our unconscious behavior and for the most part explain, for my own edification, the predominant course of human actions we can observe in this phenomenal plain. But again, however, I find it entirely plausable that there can be more to these incarnations than just riding a roller coaster our extra-selves have established for our lives.

That, for some at least, there may be an awakening of the individual, a birth of an individual within the pre-program which can, under circumstances of the individual striving to make choices that lift, or free that individual into a condition that can supersede that programming and bring forth a new individual that will find, when dropping the restraints of this physical condition, that it is a new consciousness on that extra-human plain.

I don't know this of course but I find it a very interesting speculation. But now my wife wishes to play a little cribbage and I am off to exercise a little more of my synaptic programming.
Later.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

Sean Carroll, a cosmologist at Cal Tech, once made an insightful observation when he said, “We are part of the universe that has developed a remarkable ability: We can hold an image of the world in our minds. We are matter contemplating itself.” That has always stuck with me...

it is for this reason that the sight of an ebony sky filled with billions of dazzling pinpricks, stars and galaxies and otherworldly objects that dwarf our own world, brings me such inspiration. i feel like a wisp of imagination sitting under it all.
edit on 4-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I'm going to jump right into the part where you said that you got to pick and choose.

I too have had a TON of out of body experiences and have less than a handful of memories from a child, which I believe to be my past life.

From what I remember; before being a human child I was stood at a selection station, sort of a giant tablet, held up on a slight incline, darkish blue in colour and white writing upon it, I had multiple options but I remember looking to my left and seeing a glowing blueish white ball of a light and saying "I think I'll go for a regular human" at this point there was multiple choices, fame was one of those, as I decided to choose though I remember something saying times up in a deep, commanding voice and then seeing a huge, bright white light and then voilla, I'm human, and aged 7, from that point onwards I kept having out of body experiences for a couple years, now they come and go with a couple other little things here and there!
Shame really, I'd love to know more! Glad I'm not the only one who has seen the "selection board" as I like to call it!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I found this to be an interesting thread. I figured I would throw the Buddhist perspective out there to possibly stimulate some new ideas for those reading (since Buddhism is what most resonates most what I have experienced in life).

In Buddhist Phychology, there is the concept of Sense Bases; these consist of the following:

-Eye and Visible Objects
-Ear and Sound
-Nose and Odor
-Tongue and Taste
-Body and Touch
-Mind (possibly Brain) and Mental Objects

The Buddha stated that there is nothing outside of these 6 sense pairs. This is very important to Buddhism, because the concept of Anatta (or non-self). When you remove all the Sense Bases, you have nothing left - this state of complete nothingness is experienced in deep Jhana Meditation where you literally go into a void of nothing where no experience is had. If there is any sort of permanent "self", then it should be impossible to go completely unconscious. In Buddhism, any OBE/Astral Projection/NDE experience would just be an experience taking place in your own mind - you are playing with stored mental objects using your Conciousness Senses that you have built (over time) off of interactions between your sense organs, the perceived sense objects, and your mind. As the Buddha himself pointed out in the following Sutta:

"Monks, I will teach you the All. Listen & pay close attention. I will speak."

"As you say, lord," the monks responded.

The Blessed One said, "What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range."

-Sabba Sutta

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
no.

how could we?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
@Did we exist before becoming human?

I like what you say about stars and consciousness. My approach to physical reality I will admit is likely a lot different than what most view as I firmly believe physical reality is sub-system of a much larger reality system. The view that I maintain is that it is a designer universe where an intelligence engineered it much like a group or individuals set out to create this sub-system like some genius game developers set out to program and code the rules and definitions by which this physical simulation renders out as the literal sense of the word, a true virtual reality.

This idea is not something that the movie the Matrix inspired, nor is it something that I read with all the recent emerging ideas around digital physics and simulation theory. Here is a post where in a lucid dream I describe to other dream characters that we are like computers networked to a mainframe back in 1997 before the movie the matrix came out.

groups.google.com...#!original/fido7.dream/MK7fX8_hhls/Qp_POyqe78oJ
"Imagine that we all are like computers that log on to a mainframe, or main computer which networks us all together when we sleep. I simply upload myself into the mainframe and program what I want to experience, and the mainframe makes sure that it is all kept in par with time and space. We all follow the same metaphorical process."

I am describing to the dream characters how precognition works relative to the dreamstate in that when we sleep we interface with the mainframe and program the reality experience we want. The mainframe ensures that the information fits the criteria of the rule-set that governs space/time reality like a form of moderation and then slots the experience packet into chronological order to be experienced in the future as a physical future event.

This idea of existing in an information system has long existed for me as part of the overall package. That reality is information, and we as part of that information are involved in it's evolution and how the pattern is programmed out using thought aka dreams. So let me elaborate on this idea that physical reality has emerged within a sub-set of a larger information system where awareness uses thought to create experiences such as dreams and even this physical world as a much grander, Universal dream.

In my search to understand what is "similar" in all of the states where I become self-aware and conscious be it waking up from sleep in this physical world, or becoming lucid in a dream, or even having an out-of-body experience and tracing memories of myself far beyond the origins of my involvement as a participant in the human experience. What is constant in all of this rather than the differences?

The most fundamental part of this package is obviously an identity of being self-aware as something in this massive reality architecture. So at the root we have ourselves as the observer to information that represents the experience of reality within those definitions as described by the information we observe. How do we observe and experience information again presents something I think is equally fundamental to our existence and that is the ability to render that information into a view. It follows a computer metaphor in that the information is data that requires processing by our observations. We have a feedback mechanism like our own personal computer screen, which is more like a holodeck where this information renders into an interface. The interface allows us to interact with the information in a meaningful way and that is fundamentally our experience of reality.

To kind of summarize it textually it would look like this.

The self-aware observer -> information -> information processing -> rendered output

For us to even have an experience of self-awareness and reality, there are these underlying fundamental processes which seem very universal no matter what state of awareness we find ourselves in.

The computer model is similar in that a computer has information on a hard-drive which is simply binary 0/1 bits. That information really isn't meaningful to the user, so the computer has to process that information and render that data into a view on a computer screen. Take a web browser since we are using one right now. The user interface of links, buttons and text are the end result of information processing on binary information that is rendered on a computer screen.

The same is true for a computer game. At the information level, a computer game exists as programmed binary information, again not at all meaningful to the player. The binary information represents the game world as defined by the programmers who created it. The end user interfaces with that data in the meaningful rendering of that information in the game interface.

Unlike a computer screen where a computer sends the final rendered output to the user, we as this intelligent awareness system still need to render out information into a view but the screen by which our reality renders on is not some physical computer screen. It is a virtual screen that acts much more like a holodeck and it's very self evident even now so we can test for it easily.

Are we rendering information on a virtual screen within our awareness? If this is true then we should be able to alter the information that is being rendered somehow. The easiest test is to simply close your eyes and the rendered output of the reality interface should disappear off our internal virtual reality screen.
Although very self-evident that our perception of reality is based 100% in information input, information processing and information rendering we don't often think of this basic mechanic as anything of note... but it is everything to note because therein lies how we have an experience with reality.

Now take a dream when we are sleeping. The very same process is at work in that while in a dream reality we are observing information, processing that information and rendering a dream world into view and we then interface with that dream reality as it it was a physical one for that time.

If you go out of body, the same rules apply. You will observe information, it will be processed and rendered into a view. If you die and enter the afterlife you will still processing information into a view. If there is a God and you meet it, you will still have to render God into a view on this virtual screen that I am speaking of. This Cartesian theater is at the core of our larger awareness system along with ourself as the observer. It is what has remained constant in every different state of awareness that I can recall and it makes sense that we have this feed back interface otherwise we would never have any experience of reality without some type of feedback mechanism.

cont...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join