It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS... The Real Story - Like it or Not

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I had written a previous thread that was deleted. I was a bit confused on terms because I thought it was just copy & paste being prohibited, so I typed out every sentence from the sources I used. Needless to say, i thought the information is very paramount in understanding the reality of ISIS, so I am going to go at it again.

Myself, much like many on this forum, have a hard time understanding how seemingly intelligent people on ATS are falling for the same manufactured chaos to justify war. When you look at the forest rather than just the tree to form your understanding, the truth becomes much more sinister... and different.

It all started with the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.

The Libyan revolution was portrayed as an extension of the Arab Spring, and NATO involvement was framed in humanitarian terms. The fact that the CIA was actively working to help the Libyan rebels topple Gaddafi was no secret, nor were the airstrikes that Obama ordered against the Libyan government. However, little was said about the identity or the ideological leanings of these Libyan rebels. Not surprising, considering the fact that the leader of the Libyan rebels later admitted that his fighters included Al-Qaeda linked Jihadists who fought against the allied troops in Iraq.

These jihadist militants from Iraq were part of what national security analysts commonly referred to as Al-Qaeda in Iraq. Remember, Al-Qaeda in Iraq was ISIS before it was rebranded. With the assistance of US and NATO intelligence and air support, the Libyan rebels captured Gaddafi and executed him, all while happily chanting "allah Akbar."

It's important to note, along with Saddam Hussain, Gaddafi, and Mubarak were all secular leaders in comparison to the Islamic State that help that region stable for decades before we got involved. Prior to US and NATO intervention, Libya had the highest standard of living in all of Africa. Now the country has descended in chaos and extremism and is considered a failed state.

After Gaddafi was overthrown, the Libyan armories were looted, and massive Quantities of weapons were sent by Libyan rebels to Syria, smuggled through Turkey, a NATO ally. The Times of London reported on the arrival of the shipments on September 14th 2012. This was just three days after the ambassador Chris Stevens was killed by the attack on the US embassy in Benghazi. Chris Stevens had served as the governments liaison to the Libyan rebels since April 2011.

This is very important to consider...

While the media attention was focused on the fact that the State department did not provide adequate security at the consulate, and was slow to send assistance when the attack started, Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Seymour Hersh released an article in April 2014 which exposed a classified agreement between the CIA, Turkey, and the Syrian rebels to create what was referred to as the "Rat Line". (We all remember the pictures of John Mccain with the rebels that CNN aired right?)

The Rat Line was a covert network used to channel weapons and ammunition from Libya, through southern Turkey and across the Syrian border. Funding was provided by Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar.

History of Libya under Gaddafi

The US and its allies were now "all in" on overthrowing Assad's regime. As in Libya, this regime change would also be disguised as a humanitarian thing. However, when the rebels began acting out and stories of war crimes and atrocities they were committing began to create a public relations problem for washington. It then became standard policy to insist that US support was only for the moderate rebels. Hahaha. Can you believe anyone believed that? "Make sure this bomb only goes to the cool jihadist."

In April 2014, FSA commander, Jamal Maarouf admitted that his fighters regularly conduct joint operations with Al-Nusra, the official Al-Qaeda branch in Syria.

You guys remember all the soldiers posting facebook and twitter pictures with signs over their faces saying they will not go to syria to fight with Al-Qaeda? Yeah, is it starting to make sense?

Well, in June 2014 Al-Nusra merged with ISIS, and the US has been sending money and weapons to them since 2012. Do the math. Retired general Tom McInerney even admitted on FOX that "We helped build ISIS."

In June 2013, Colonel Abdel Basset Al-Tawil, commander of the FSA's Northern front, confessed his desire to have Syria ran by Sharia law. And he also, per the report by Seymour Hersh, threatened the west that if they do not sent more advanced weapons within 1 month, they would expose what really happen in Benghazi. You know, the sacrifice of Chris Stevens. Well, this threat was made on June 10, 2013. And it can only be described as amazing coincidence, just nine days later, the rebels received their first official shipment of heavy weapons in Aleppo.

Then in May of 2014 PBS ran a report in which they interviewed rebels who were trained by the US in Qatar. According to the rebels they were being trained to finish off soldiers who survived attacks.

"They trained us to ambush regime or enemy vehicles and cut off the road. They also trained us how to attack a vehicle, raid it, retrieve information or weapons and munitions, and how to finish off soldiers still alive after the attacks." - Per PBS Report.

This is a blatant violation of Geneva Conventions.

Those who know their history will remember that Zbigniew Brzezinski was directly involved in the funding and arming the Islamic Extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan in order to weaken the Soviets. You remember Osama Bin Laden? Yeah, he was one of those anti-Societ freedom fighters the US was funding and training.

There is a pattern if you look closely and I will end with that.

1. Build up a dictator or extremist group which can then be used to wage proxy wars against opponents. During this stage any crimes committed on these proxies are swept under the rug.

2. When these nasty characters have outlived their usefulness, thats when its time to pull out all the dirt from under the rug and start publicizing it 24/7. This works best when the public has no idea how these bad guys came to power.

3. When the public is begging for the government to do something, a solution is proposed. Usually a military intervention, loss of certain liberties, or both.

I implore everyone to research the points that have been referenced and try to see the forest.

PBS report

Haar etz Report

Covert Origins of ISIS

AAC
edit on 4-9-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

I was hoping you would repost this. I say we simply ignore, trolls, lotus Landers, and government employees.

This is the truth as I see it also.

edit on 4-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I can find stupidity in this article right here:

the Libyan rebels captured Gaddafi and executed him, all while happily chanting "allah Akbar."

SRF members chant "Takbir:Allahu Ackbar", when they kill ISIS (IS) agents because IS has been fighting them for territory in Syria.

What does that have to do with anything? Muslims are killing muslims, them chanting god is great (which is a means for them to jubilate supposedly without raising their ego, has nothing to do with nothing, besides telling us they are muslim).

edit on 4-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Thank you for providing links this time.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Awesome. Hopefully nothing happens to this one!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Nice post... now get ready for the government trolls to hijack and shut this down.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Besides the blatant arrogance and typecasting your article is doing, they are getting a few other things wrong as well. The situation is completely more complicated than you are giving it credit for.

Yes there are plenty of fighters in IS that have previously swore allegiance to Al Qaeda, but they are one and the same. You would probably find plenty that fought in Libya yes, as well as Iraq, who were jihadists loyal to Al-Q, later switching to IS because of the promise of a Caliphate.

But, Al Zawahiri never intended to start a Caliphate, nor tried to put himself in the power position of grand religious ruler. Al Bagdadi has chosen to do so. Which really highlights the differences between the two.

Even OBL never tried to push himself as a religious leader the way the IS top executives push themselves. They are way more focused on propaganda, and rounding up young children for indoctrination, not just as jihadi soldiers, but to accept and be loyal to the Caliphate since they are trying to take over all of the ME under the premise that they are the supreme religious leaders.

Al-Q was more of a military branch of Jihadi thinking than they were anything like the political, religious and governmental structure IS is, or at least, that they see themselves as or would like to be.

Kind of like saying all republicans are the same and they all hate black people because one was caught making racist remarks, etc, etc....
edit on 4-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Your version while interesting is sadly "TLDR" for todays Americans. The short version is that ISIS is the culmination of arms, support and funds supplied to "rebel" forces throughout the islamic community as it was convenient for the US government.

Is any one administration responsible for this? No, but with that said, EVERY administration is complicent in the problem. I love my country but my government has left me with much to be desired. The facts of the matter are that the US government has always been willing to do whatever it takes to achieve the the agendas it sets forth.

That said, it wants more than anything to war with Syria, it hadn't worked with the first campaign so it needed a reboot and now we have it and guess what, this time, Americans will be cheering with thunderous applause! Very smart eh??

The core problem does not lie within the government however, it lies with the citizens. The government will always seek to manipulate, abuse and wrest power from the people, that by nature is what they are designed to do. It is up to the people who are governed to determine the level of tyranny they will allow and in America at this time, it would seem we are allowing limitless tyranny.

Americans refuse to acknowledge facts, evidence or even things on their own favorite news source and will themselves to believe that our country is on the right track just because they are too damn lazy to do anything to change the current course. The illusion of freedom is sometimes more destructive than oppression because the average person does not know when to fight and why.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The problem with the Middle East situation is that it solves nothing. I also think that the Ukraine conflict is seriously disturbing a lot of the plans the U.S. had for the Middle East. Europe is facing the eastern direction at the moment and not the Southern one. At this moment the conflict with Isis is most unwanted since the one in the Ukraine is far more dangerous on very different and higher levels.

I wouldn´t be totally surprised if Putin more or less chose this exact moment to pull of the Ukraine silent invasion. America is not making new idea´s they are just re/using old ones. Someone like Putin who was head KGB in the cold war would have spotted it immediately and know that now was the time to strike.

Regarding Isis, they will never have a chance, they never did. Just keep pressuring them and they will crumble. What do such people do? they scatter, go underground and cause trouble in the region for decades if not hundreds of years. In that regard we can safely say that the area will not be a mayor political power for the next few decades.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

So the US sets up the moderate rebel force ISIS, but a radical guy comes in and takes over, and somehow the US gets to wash it's hands of the mess.

No, the blood remains on the one's who set this up. Without US help this could have never happened.

People are being beheaded by radicals who would have never had power if the US would stayed out.

These beheadings, if they are even real, are the fault of US government, and the one's pulling the strings.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Great thread S&F.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Assad played a massive role in letting ISIS get to what they are now too you know.

Singling out just the US is niave.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but Qaddafi was a sadistic, sick and horrible man.
If anyone deserved to be dragged out of a pip and killed it was him

Yes there are bigger Geo-political chess games at play, but that is the same as always in history, nations play chess for resources and influence, this is just the nature of human society.

But as for ISIS, you have to truly understand the demographic, social and economic reality of Syria and Iraq before claiming its all because of the backing of the USA.

Shia vs Sunni feuds are over 1000 years older than the USA, the Ottoman Turks are actually to blame for much of this sectarianism as they made the Arabs second class citizens in their own land in the 16th century and it has never been the same since.

Massive oppressed Sunni populations in Syria and Iraq, oppressed by SHIA!
This provides ISIS with all the manpower they need & what is more terrifying than fighting an enemy who actually wishes to die?

You need to consider the social/cultural causes of the war, civil war is ALWAYS much deeper than just money and influence, it gets into the messy business of cultural rivalry and historic grievances.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

edit on 4-9-2014 by rusblued9217 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: sacgamer25

Assad played a massive role in letting ISIS get to what they are now too you know.

Singling out just the US is niave.

We have the military, we have the weapons, we lead the charge. I put the blame right were it belongs. The US military industrial complex. Eisenhower, 1961.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Good post. I keep seeing it. But with all the brainwashed out there we haven't seen it enough. I can not seem to help anyone i know to see the truth They just blindly follow and refuse to listen, they are offended if you say anything about what their country has done wrong. Instead of being upset at the country for what it does they prefer to be upset with me for pointing out truth. I really need to save money and move some where else. Let them ruin their live and others. SAD but they are to ignorant to change. Makes me sad the country has civil liberties yes buy i now think i am willing to give it up for not being a part of these terrorist actions of America and Israel. I am so poor it will tale me a while to save that is my worry. I fear there will be civil unrest here before i leave. And all those civil liberties everyone loves will be gone and it will be impossible for me to leave.a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I am glad you agree, anybody who actually knows a fair bit about the situation will realise ISIS actually arises as a result of the US not being the superpower it once was, it no longer strikes fear into all nations.

People give the USA too much Kudos, poor Arabs, they never get the credit on ATS even for their OWN creations, talk about a racial prejudice hahahahah

a reply to: AlphaHawk

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

It should be pointed out that ISIS isn't Al Qaeda..

LINK

They cut ties with ISIS in February.

edit on 4-9-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Al Nusra front are the representatives of AQ in syria

They have been at war with ISIS for a while now, I like you wish people would get the facts correct & stop spreading false information

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join