It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hagel:Putin may face consequences,but U.S/UK won't go to "war" with Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Ironic how you anti Russians always use that interview as Evidence that Putin invaded Ukraine. You might as well start posting some of videos of McCain and his talking points as proof while your at it.

First, I am pro-Russian. That is why I am anti-Putin. His KGB training has made him psychotic. He has derailed Russia's political growth and now is embarking upon an imperialist trajectory that can only lead to isolation and death.

The fact is, Putin admits that the "green men" who appeared in what was then Ukrainian territory were Russian troops. It doesn't matter why he claims they were there, they were there, and it was an invasion.

Crimea was a part of Ukraine at the time

The majority of Crimea population are Russian Eastern Russians and have always supported Russia in its past conflicts thorough the history, the only ones that haven't and have opposed the referendum are the Crimean Tatars they are whats left of the older Ottoman Empire generation families.

The same Turkish families whom still believe in Ukraine that the Ottoman Empire will return to Rule Europe.

Irrelevant. If they are residents of Ukraine, they are Ukrainians, even if they choose to speak Russian.

Russia invaded Ukraine, and admits it.
Did Putin say i invaded Ukraine with my Troops? as usual like the western media they are taking it out of context, much like the Iranian leaders speeches.

What part of "Sending armed troops into another sovereign nation is an invasion" do you not understand? There are Jews in Iran. Does that give Israel the right to send in armed troops to "assist" them?

Still waiting for Ukraine's proof that they have destroyed the Russian Aid Convoy.

I take everything Kyiv says with a grain of salt. You need to learn to do the same with Moscow.

edit on 4-9-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to add additional material.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Confessions of a "pro-Russian" :

- Don`t condemn attackers of Russians

- Don`t condemn the shelling of Russian civilians

- Cover up shelling of Russian civilians by making suggestion they have been used as human-shields

- Speak badly of humanitarian aid given to Russians in need

- Deny Russian civilians of some kind of self determination

- Praise a government for wrecking up a country with lots of Russians in it

- Give false statements about Russian government trying to be imperialistic

- Oppose to Russian government trying to help Russians

Phew...I`m sure glad I`m not a pro-Russian !

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Confessions of a "pro-Russian" :

I assume this is addressed to me.

- Don`t condemn attackers of Russians

If Putin is telling the truth, no Russians have been attacked. On the other hand, if he has ordered Russians into war, he is responsible for their deaths, just as LBJ, Nixon and George W. Bush are responsible for the needless deaths of Americans.

- Don`t condemn the shelling of Russian civilians

There are no Russian civilians in Donetsk. There are Russian speaking Ukrainians. If the loyalist forces were intentionally shelling civilians, it would be a war crime. As it is, they only shell areas where there is significant armed resistance, making the tragic loss of civilian life collateral damage.

- Cover up shelling of Russian civilians by making suggestion they have been used as human-shields

No cover up; shelling is happening. There is no point trying to demonize the Ukrainians further; the Azov brigade is all the bad PR they need.

If the aid went to civilians in need it would be a good thing. As it is, it still looks like a distraction.

- Deny Russian civilians of some kind of self determination

I stand for self determination; self determination that has been denied to the victims of the "People's Republic of Donetsk," denied to the inhabitants of Crimea and even, through the monopolization of the media by Putin and his junta, the citizens of Mother Russia itself.

I don't praise the Kyiv government, I simply acknowledge its legality. If someone lives in Ukraine, they are not Russians, but Ukrainian, whatever language they speak.

- Give false statements about Russian government trying to be imperialistic

What do you call invading other countries and annexing their territory? Peacekeeping?

- Oppose to Russian government trying to help Russians

How is arming psychopaths in a neighboring state, provoking a response from NATO, "helping Russians?"

Yes; you're just Anti-American and and EU and seem totally incapable of condemning Putin for doing the same things you accuse them of.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I see the term russian civilian used over and over and over.

Apparently the "Russian civilians" must have gotten just as lost as the russian military units. However its interesting to note how their position of argument has changed once again. We are now back to Russian trying to protect "Russians".

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Hows that beloved Democracy cooking up in Iraq, Libya and in afghanistan Pro NATO? dont forget the war in afghanistan was brought by NATO allies with the alliance even though afghanistan is not there's.

Where is the alleged evidence by the Ukrankian government that it had destroyed the majority of the Russian aid convoy that entered Ukraine?

So Ukrainians arent Russians then? great logic.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I have seen your types during in.
-During the conflict in and when the Libyan intervention started if i opposed the intervention i would be attacked as if i was an internet agent for Gaddafi troll army and i have being noticed the same in Syria's case.

-You can never criticize the FSA.

He has derailed Russia's political growth and now is embarking upon an imperialist trajectory that can only lead to isolation and death.
LOL! LOL you really made my day with the most nonsense i have heard yet about how Putin has derailed Russia's political growth.

Lets ignore the progress made by the BRICS and how well Russia doing while by claiming Putin's KGB training has made him psychotic comparing him to your American Trained CIA presidents whom are both not only psychotic but mentally ill believing that America's interventions would fix the world.

I take everything Kyiv says with a grain of salt.

If you do i haven't seen that you do take every word with as with the grain of salt. You desperately defended the Pro EU protests in Kiev for specif reasons.

Irrelevant. If they are residents of Ukraine, they are Ukrainians, even if they choose to speak Russian.

Seems you miss my whole point on this matter not surprising though.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Just to be clear.

There is an agenda on here to attack specific users on those attacking Kiev's beloved Candyman the same way when every time i try to make an thread on the Bosnian war and post actual evidence it gets trashed by users whom haven't being posting on ATS for years or months and had just started on that specif thread.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Regardless of what is going on with Russia, "we got worst things to worry about in the middle east as two Americans has been beheaded", UK and the US will never go to war with Russia, never, as neither of them can afford it.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

It's clear you're not a native English speaker. Where are you from? Not implying you're a Russian shill, just interested. I know there are a ton of people from different countries with different first languages on this site. Just wondering about your frame of reference.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Hows that beloved Democracy cooking up in Iraq, Libya and in afghanistan Pro NATO? dont forget the war in afghanistan was brought by NATO allies with the alliance even though afghanistan is not there's.

Where is the alleged evidence by the Ukrankian government that it had destroyed the majority of the Russian aid convoy that entered Ukraine?

So Ukrainians arent Russians then? great logic.

Thank you for reflexively attacking someone who is on your own side.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Just to be clear.

There is an agenda on here to attack specific users on those attacking Kiev's beloved Candyman the same way when every time i try to make an thread on the Bosnian war and post actual evidence it gets trashed by users whom haven't being posting on ATS for years or months and had just started on that specif thread.

Sorry if not everyone agrees with you; that doesn't mean they have an agenda.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Being Russia invaded Ukraine I really dont think you should be throwing stones in terms of Libya or Iraq.

The war in Afghanistan was started when planes slammed into the WTC and other sites. When the US demanded Afghanistan turn Bin Laden over they refused. They wanted to see our evidence and then demanded he be turned over to a neutral 3rd party for trial. That was a non starter, just as Russia demanded the Chechen s turn over the guys who murdered 6-7 Russian troops near dagestan knowing it would not occur. Just like Bin Laden, those individuals who took part in that are no longer among the living courtesy of Spetznaz.

Ukrainians are not Russians. If they were there would have been no reason for Russia to invade Ukraine.

Why do pro Russians have such a hard time staying on topic? this is about Putin / Ukraine and Hagels comments, not Libya or anywhere else.
edit on 6-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I have seen your types during in.
-During the conflict in and when the Libyan intervention started if i opposed the intervention i would be attacked as if i was an internet agent for Gaddafi troll army and i have being noticed the same in Syria's case.

-You can never criticize the FSA.

I'm not even sure what you mean by FSA. If you're talking about the people opposed to Assad, some of them were decent middle class people who are fed up with Assad's corrupt sectarian regime, and others were vicious terrorists whom the United States and its allies are about to destroy. Assad can thank us at his leisure.

He has derailed Russia's political growth and now is embarking upon an imperialist trajectory that can only lead to isolation and death.
LOL! LOL you really made my day with the most nonsense i have heard yet about how Putin has derailed Russia's political growth.

Putin has ruled Russia for 14 years, using a loophole to create the appearance of not violating the Constitution. Does that look like political growth to you? As for his imperialism, let's get back to that when Russia and Iran start shooting each other over who will control the Caspian region.

Lets ignore the progress made by the BRICS

No, let's not:

It is this era of major and disruptive economic transformation that seems to be at an end. BRIC growth rates are slowing. In China's case, that seems to be at least partly due to maturation (in several senses). Rapid, resource-intensive, investment-led growth is giving way to a more consumption and services oriented economy. And China's workforce is aging and shrinking. In India, the pace of reform looks inconsistent with double-digit growth rates, and Brazil and Russia may struggle as the supply response to high commodity price erodes the value of their economic cash cows. In 2012, according to IMF data, the sum of the growth rates of China and India stood at its lowest level in just over 20 years.

Large emerging markets will continue to grow. But the process of moving from 4% of world GDP to 20% was bound to be easier, faster, and more disruptive than the shift from 20% to 36%. Even in the best, no-political-system disaster scenario.

The era of disruptive BRIC ascendence is over.

www.economist.com...

and how well Russia doing

Certainly you don't mean economically:

The Russian economy had already been suffering from inflation, a bloated pension system and dependence on high oil prices.

With the latest round of sanctions and with U.S. crude recently settling below $100 per barrel, things are only getting worse.

Prices for food and other essential items have already risen, according to Russians who live in Moscow and the surrounding regions.

But Putin's approval ratings are still at all-time highs. One of the main reasons for having more than 80 percent of the population's support is his being able to control the public narrative, especially for the older population who rely heavily on Russian state-owned television for news.

www.cnbc.com...

while by claiming Putin's KGB training has made him psychotic comparing him to your American Trained CIA presidents whom are both not only psychotic but mentally ill believing that America's interventions would fix the world.

None of America's presidents have been trained by CIA. George H. W. Bush was Director of Central Intelligence for a while. He was also the last President who even served in the military. "Psychotic" means suffering from a type of mental illness. Some recent Presidents have engaged in policies that were foolish or ill advised. That is not mental illness. Thinking that you are superhuman and that your actions will have no consequences... that is a sign of mental illness.

I take everything Kyiv says with a grain of salt.

If you do i haven't seen that you do take every word with as with the grain of salt. You desperately defended the Pro EU protests in Kiev for specif reasons.

Yes, because Yanukovych was corrupt and people were sick of his selling them out to Russia. Is that not reason enough?

Seems you miss my whole point on this matter not surprising though.

What is your point?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Regardless of what is going on with Russia, "we got worst things to worry about in the middle east as two Americans has been beheaded", UK and the US will never go to war with Russia, never, as neither of them can afford it.

If Americans have worse things to worry about, why are some of them attacking Europeans (not saying you`re doing it) who think Ukraine is more important to them, your logic says Americans should post more in ISIL threads and not in the Ukrainian threads ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join