It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hagel:Putin may face consequences,but U.S/UK won't go to "war" with Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Putin may face consequences,but U.S/UK won't go to "war" with Russia

After Today NATO's Summit its clear whom wants a first strike its clear as day its not Russia that launched an invasion into Ukraine though America, Germany, Britain and Poland.

The speech that Hagel gave to the news gave me an laughter this is coming from the same Hagel whom desperately for two years wanted to arm the Syrian rebels by doing so he lied to the British media public.
Hagel & Co to this day have failed thus far to prove that the Free Syrian Army Rebels are moderates if they are moderates why arent they attacking the ISIS in rebel held towns? the reason is simply because the ISIS and FSA are co allied together.

Why So Desperate Eh? America Sends 200 Troops An Invasion
The way i see it the fact that America today had send at least 200 Troops into Ukraine itself is an invasion an undeclared action by not allowing having congress vote or senate.

For a oddly reason there is an sense of desperation in the NATO leaders they are quite desperate on wanting to have an war with Russia. At the same time since America had send at least 200 Troops in Ukraine isn't that not an invasion?

Why's NATO acting rather desperate? maybe due because things arent going so well?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

wow..... where to start..

First Russia is the one who invaded Ukraine. Putin is the one talking about the collapse of the soviet union being illegal. Putin is the one discussing nuclear weapons. The west did not invade Ukraine, Russia did. The west did not send in military units on vacation, Russia did. The west did not discuss nuclear weapons, Russia did.

Hagel is Secretary of Defense and as such reads from Obama's policy book.

The decision to not assist Ukraine with military assistance directly is based on Ukraine not being a member of NATO. NATO is a defensive alliance, not an offensive one.

The very fact that Hagel and the UK have stated we wont go to war with Russia pretty much sucks the winds out of your sails on that topic. How you did not see the contradiction in claiming we want to start a war when your post title says we wont go to war is beyond me.

Sending in military units at the request of the Ukraine government is not an invasion. Sending in armed military units in shorts and Hawaiian shirts and allowing them to fight to over throw a democratically elected government that Russia has recognized would be an invasion - See Russia invasion of Ukraine for more info.

If you are going to take the west, or the US, to task maybe learn a little something about how the countries operate before claiming sending 200 troops to a military exercise that was planned over a year ago is an invasion.

As for NATOs reaction the only people seemingly concerned is Russia and Pro Russians. If you weren't there would be no need to constantly try and blame Russian actions on NATO or invoke nuclear weapons as often as you guys do. If you guys were not scared of NATO you would not need to invoke the use of nuclear weapons.

As for the comments about ISIS try again. Other groups have been fighting ISIS, including the former Al Queida groups ISIS broke away from. ISIS has managed to unite ME countries that were close to war with one another. Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt.

Also the US / West are not the only natiosn that have sold weapons to the ME. Your good friends Russia and Chain have as well and if you look at the rebels on TV you will see Russian / Chinese military equipment.

any reason you neglected to mention them?

Are you wanting a discussion on the topics you raised or was this another thread to bitch about the west? If so why bother, there are plenty others to choose from.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

First Russia is the one who invaded Ukraine. Putin is the one talking about the collapse of the soviet union being illegal. Putin is the one discussing nuclear weapons. The west did not invade Ukraine, Russia did. The west did not send in military units on vacation, Russia did. The west did not discuss nuclear weapons, Russia did.

wow is right...so you were there on the ground ? you witnessed this happen ?...or did you read about it ?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
US/UK are prodding the bear with sticks in the hope of starting a greater war so they can send the unemployed to their deaths. China and Russia are playing a waiting game knowing the west will eventually implode from its unsustainable debt. People are getting fed up with inflation, unemployment and relentless attacks against their freedoms. All the bases are loaded.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Your quite desperate arent ya? i understand why though you feel that America as a whole is being hated for its actions and lies over the past decades and now no one is believing America nor NATO.

The west did not discuss nuclear weapons, Russia did
Whom just this week wanted an rapid response in order to attack Russia? NATO/West, not Russia.

First Russia is the one who invaded Ukraine.
Got alots of pictures and information from my trusted on the matter of Crimea compared to your sources where you just used western information.

I am not surprised that your still trying to prove that Russia invaded ukraine through crimea but i am quite sure you wouldn't minded if NATO invaded Crimea and installed a permanent base there to attack Russia.

Russia pretty much sucks the winds out of your sails on that topic.

Really? just because you American Feel superior towards around everyone else and thus you claim that your able to win every war yet you still couldn't and haven't owned anything in afghanistan? leaving afghanistan behind as a opium trade safe heaven and a wars lord paradise?

Could say the same for the Balkans everything and every nation that your American government touches either go into Ruin, Chaos and years of poverty behind repair that is your what your democracy brings your threaten nations whom dont agree with you into submission.

As for the comments about ISIS try again. Other groups have been fighting ISIS, including the former Al Queida groups ISIS broke away from. ISIS has managed to unite ME countries that were close to war with one another. Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt.

Your post on this is rather quite comical.

including the former Al Queida groups ISIS broke away from
According to the news press from the offices of AJ and Saudi Arabia. And another fact on the matter of ISIS Turkey has being the one whom has being the arming them and others in Syria since 2012.

Also the US / West are not the only natiosn that have sold weapons to the ME. Your good friends Russia and Chain have as well and if you look at the rebels on TV you will see Russian / Chinese military equipment.

Since when is it a Crime For Russia, China to arm its own allies compare that to your regime gulf state allies whom have being arming terrorist organizations for years?

if you look at the rebels on TV you will see Russian / Chinese military equipment.
That's quite comical if you dont know anything on the arms black market which i might your believed FSA terrorists are using old soviet arms which the arms dealers give them as orders are from Washington.

NATO is a defensive alliance, not an offensive one.
So the Invasion of Libya which NATO had committed and the violation of the UN mandate was not an offensive action on providing terrorist groups fire power to the targets?

So the actions in Kosovo was not an offensive right? where NATO had assisted War lords whom now run the country.

You cant be serious.

PS:If NATO is an defensive alliance since and which allied counties have being thus far attacked? care to back up your claims if you dont mind? if NATO is defensive alliance why is installing and pushing further closer to Russia then?

To me that sounds pretty much like an offensive move then an defensive position.

Logical in an defensive position you would be protecting and holding the line, not expanding into your enemies backyard that is not smart wise "defensive strategy "

Its more of an offensive strategy, dont believe me? you want me to post a whole map of NATO bases around Europe just to disprove your claims?
edit on 4-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

If you got something to counter my claims looking forward to be replying to you.

to task maybe learn a little something about how the countries operate before claiming sending 200 troops to a military exercise that was planned over a year ago is an invasion.

I know about Wars and Tactics a lot more then you could more have known judging by your statements that Russia had invaded Ukraine. Do try again with actual sources.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: glend
Pretty much you nailed it. The US/UK can talk all the war rhetoric all they want but fairly know they wouldn't and wont do anything.

Just like they cant take a risk in Syria and Iraq by putting ground troops. That would just further sink the trillion debt if China's owns the America's debt just imagine if they own all the high tech in the American Military you dont think there's an switch somewhere right?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Putin has written a truce plan.. What the hell have Europe and America done? Putin 1 - The West 0... And even after this has surfaced the West still have the cheek to say Putin may face consequences? Bunch of warmongers...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
My opinion is with the dept based economy coming to an end this is going to be the smoke screen to bring in a new era, With all this sabre rattling and war rhetoric I'm surprised the US/UK are not being more aggressive, Maybe they have other outs? One being an ISIS attack on US soil?

Anyways interesting times we live in

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Your right ...... USA does not want war but Russia wants to go to war.

USA has shown its weakness too often under too many presidents. Russian and China will call the U.S bluff. Lets watch it play itself out.

Wars and rumours of war...... don't let this scare you. It is written that in the "end times" there will be mention of wars and rumours of war.

Don't be counting your chickens before they hatch.
edit on 4-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I should jolly well think not that we should be going to war with Russia. We are in the wrong for not handling a diplomatic situation properly! It seems so many people look down their noses at Russia which is a demonstration of ignorance itself.

We undertook not to go to russia's borders after WW2 and as the world is becoming smaller in ways not forseen then, it needs a diplomatic agreement based on trade and exchange of commodities upon which we need to build a steady relationship with Russia.

People forget that Russia has supplied the world with brilliant scientists, philosophises and cultural similarities that blend into the Western world, she also holds the gas card which our government (in the UK), in its own stupidity has not made any strategy to overcome in the past - so we are now dependant to a huge extent on gas from abroad.

The Ukraine had internal problems with its different peoples and it was the government there that is the problem in not sorting out its own policies that people trusted so then protests and killings started. We all know that the USA and other countries, probably Russia also are well up to destabalizing governments but when that country is situated on one of our borders, it seems more likely that a peaceful and stable Ukraine would have benefitted Russia more.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If there is a war between Russia and the USA/UK, it is by no means certain that we would roflstomp all over them. What people tend to forget, or just blithely ignore, is that Russia is a world superpower.

Its military is every bit as well trained and equipped as western military.
Its technology level is on a par with western technology.
They have more boots on the ground and their forces are not spread out across the globe.

Finally..

No invasion of the Russian homelands, has ever been successful.

It is impossible to say who would win in such a conflict, but one thing is certain, Russia would make us bleed heavily for every inch of ground gained, and even if we were successful, we would be so badly weakened, we'd be ripe for an invasion of our own.

So, lets not be so gung-ho for a war with Russia.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

Your right ...... USA does not want war but Russia wants to go to war.

USA has shown its weakness too often under too many presidents. Russian and China will call the U.S bluff. Lets watch it play itself out.

Wars and rumours of war...... don't let this scare you. It is written that in the "end times" there will be mention of wars and rumours of war.

Don't be counting your chickens before they hatch.

Once again your wrong on all facts.

USA does not want war but Russia wants to go to war
Incorrect its America your American government that wants to go war with Russia and have being trying to do so for the past 20 years even without Putin in Charge.

Russia has and will be protecting is borders which exactly has being doing that.

As usual i am not surprised that your an right wing christian. Oh and please dont talk nonsense here.

USA has shown its weakness too often under too many presidents.
I think know which president you wanted and thats your beloved Sen John McCain whom wants an all out war with Russia.

If you want to go to war agaisnt Russia go right ahead and join the war mongering NeoCon bandwagon.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

wow is right...so you were there on the ground ? you witnessed this happen ?...or did you read about it ?

Russia publicized it. It was on RT, so it must be true:

Sending armed troops into a country without the government's consent is an invasion. Crimea was a part of Ukraine at the time, therefore it was an invasion. It doesn't matter what lie Putin tells to make it look good, Russia invaded Ukraine, and admits it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

edit on 4-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: double

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Russia publicized it. It was on RT, so it must be true:

Sending armed troops into a country without the government's consent is an invasion. Crimea was a part of Ukraine at the time, therefore it was an invasion. It doesn't matter what lie Putin tells to make it look good, Russia invaded Ukraine, and admits it.

what was i thinking the media always tell the truth

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Are you saying Putin didn't really make this speech?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I assume this week must be an war mongering week, not surprising. As usual.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Ironic how you anti Russians always use that interview as Evidence that Putin invaded Ukraine. You might as well start posting some of videos of McCain and his talking points as proof while your at it.

Crimea was a part of Ukraine at the time

The majority of Crimea population are Russian Eastern Russians and have always supported Russia in its past conflicts thorough the history, the only ones that haven't and have opposed the referendum are the Crimean Tatars they are whats left of the older Ottoman Empire generation families.

The same Turkish families whom still believe in Ukraine that the Ottoman Empire will return to Rule Europe.

, Russia invaded Ukraine, and admits it.
Did Putin say i invaded Ukraine with my Troops? as usual like the western media they are taking it out of context, much like the Iranian leaders speeches.

Still waiting for Ukraine's proof that they have destroyed the Russian Aid Convoy.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Are you saying Putin didn't really make this speech?

i thought it was his double....

sure he did...but we may be missing some context

top topics

<<   2 >>

join