It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline of the Ebola virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I found this little timeline and thought it was interesting .

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: armakirais

Good presentation you found. What do you think the origin of Ebola is?

Here is a good documentary on ebola and monkey meat. You can see the attitude towards the disease and how difficult it must be to control it.

Here is a thread I made earlier about biolabs in Liberia and Chimps that have been released.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
What I would like to know is why someone broke into a hospital and stole sheets of infected persons that had blood, vomit, and feces on them. I bet they regret that right about now.

Thanks for the timeline. It is a big deal but I don't see it spreading like the flu does. If they can get the drug that helped the two Americans over there they can get in front of this thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

Hard to follow how many patient who got Zmapp actually have recovered as there is no actual data about that. Zmapp on primates was 43% effective.

ZMapp is the drug that’s gotten the most attention so far. It’s a combination of three antibodies, proteins that bind and neutralize the Ebola virus. ZMapp has been administered to seven Ebola patients, and the manufacturer says its supplies have been exhausted. It is too early to know whether Will Pooley—the British nurse who contracted Ebola while caring for patients in Sierra Leone—will survive the disease. Two of the other six ZMapp recipients have died. Those who survived may have done so because they received good supportive treatment, because they were younger and didn’t have other medical problems, or by random chance (which is more likely to happen when you’re dealing with such small numbers). While ZMapp cured 18 primates infected with Ebola virus, there’s still much we don’t know. ZMapp still hasn’t yet been studied in humans.

LINK
Several stakeholders are behind the Zmapp
. Mapp Biopharmaceutical, Inc, LeafBio, Defyrus Inc, the U.S. Government ( DARPA )and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Zmapp is not a miracle drug, there is something fishy about it and some cover up when it comes to government involvement behind the drug and hiding actual data how many is really administrated with it and how many died.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: armakirais

It's true that Guinea was the first country to report Ebola outbreaks - but early news reports indicated that the epidemic was already spreading in Sierra Leone and Liberia too - emanating from the Kenema Government Hospital in Sierra Leone near where the three countries' borders meet.

new topics

top topics

join