It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ATS verify/debunk this? Sotloff fighting with Syrian Rebels?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Twitter post claiming that Sotloff is/was a Syrian Rebel. This picture shows him at the helms of a truck mounted machine gun. I believe that the pic may be real, but I wonder if he was just posing for a picture with this weapon for fun, or is there something else going on? I was hoping we ATS'ers could join together and see if we can figure out when/if the picture was taken, and if it is authentic or not. Also, if someone that knows how to put the picture on here, I would really appreciate it. twitter.com...
edit on 3-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It was posted on Wednesday. Arabic text accompanying the photo identifies the man as Sotloff.

The unverified – and in the supposed ISIS video, not shown – beheading of Sotloff is being used as a pretext to launch a war inside Syria against the Saudi and Qatari financed and U.S. military trained Islamic State, formerly ISIS.

“Leading lawmakers in charge of foreign policy reacted Tuesday to the reported beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff by increasing their calls for more congressional involvement and oversight of President Obama’s war on ISIS,” Josh Rogin wrote for The Daily Beast on Tuesday.

Democrats on the House Foreign Affairs Committee are leading the charge.

“The beheading of poor Mr. Sotloff really just brings back that we are dealing with a dangerous adversary… Congress needs to play a vital role and we are determined that the House Foreign Affairs Committee will lead the way,” said Rep. Eliot Engel, a ranking Democrat on the committee. “We believe that before the president can continue beyond 60 days of doing airstrikes in Iraq or anyplace else, he would have to come to Congress and get Congress’s authority to continue.”

Senator Bill Nelson, a Florida Democrat, is preparing to introduce legislation giving Obama congressional authority to enter Syria and bomb IS.

“This will ensure there’s no question that the president has the legal authority he needs to use airstrikes in Syria,” Nelson said on Tuesday. “We must go after ISIS right away because the U.S. is the only one that can put together a coalition to stop this group that’s intent on barbaric cruelty.”
www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
SMH

I really don't think so.

I think its most possible that ISIS is akin al-CIA-da. And that this beheading thing is all to induce fear in order to accomplish other means; a psyop, if you will.

But if this is legit, and ISIS is the real deal, I don't think that he is one of them.

Just a week before he was captured he was making articles against the Muslim Brotherhood and the other Muslim extremists.

ALSO(edited) INFOWARS.COM is just as much propaganda as the MSM. It's the other side of the same coin. Just after the sheep that got away...and doing a great job of that.
edit on 3-9-2014 by frickfrick because: added last comment about infowars

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: frickfrick

It states he may have been fighting on the side of the Syrian rebels. Not sure they are the same as ISIS? Call infowars what you want, this was posted on TWITTER.
edit on 3-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

The photo is clearly posed, not as if it was taken while he was fighting.

Plus, he was probably travelling with Syrian rebels at some point, while doing a story.

Not a hard leap in logic to say that he just posed for the shot while with the rebels.

Oh...and he's Jewish, so any suggestion of him being with ISIS (I know you didn't), is plain stupidity.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The US are the only ones who can deal with the problem they created. This is a joke right?

I'm pretty sure Russia or China could handel ISIS without any American support.

How egotistical are these maniacs?
edit on 3-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

The photo is clearly posed, not as if it was taken while he was fighting.

Plus, he was probably travelling with Syrian rebels at some point, while doing a story.

Not a hard leap in logic to say that he just posed for the shot while with the rebels.

Oh...and he's Jewish, so any suggestion of him being with ISIS (I know you didn't), is plain stupidity.

Yeah, good points, you are probably correct. I kinda thought so as well. You know, I appreciate these guys and their work, but you have to be crazy to be hanging out with these crazy idiots. Well, one has to say, this picture seems to be glorifying the reality of the situation out there.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Both of the videos are fake. They are fake in the sense that they were not genuine from start to finish. The foley video has been proven to be "produced" and not genuine as it was presented.

Were these men killed? Yeah, they probably were but ask yourself who is ultimately responsible for their deaths. While you're at it, explain to me why an islamic militant group can afford HD cameras but has to behead somebody with a dull knife that was estimated to take 7 minutes to "behead" instead of a $150.00 Samurai sword that would have taken 30 seconds.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
Both of the videos are fake. They are fake in the sense that they were not genuine from start to finish. The foley video has been proven to be "produced" and not genuine as it was presented.

Were these men killed? Yeah, they probably were but ask yourself who is ultimately responsible for their deaths. While you're at it, explain to me why an islamic militant group can afford HD cameras but has to behead somebody with a dull knife that was estimated to take 7 minutes to "behead" instead of a $150.00 Samurai sword that would have taken 30 seconds.

Chill man, I am technically the 1st person on ATS to say that BOTH were fake. This has nothing to do with that fact. Just because the video is fake does not mean that these men did not exist.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

If they found out he was Jewish, most likely they wanted him to suffer.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Israel claimed that he is one of theirs, so, I doubt nothing at this point. I think the Foley/Scotloff beheadings are a Mossad/US psy-op so they can bomb Syria and install a puppet government. You know, like they did Qadaffi and Saddam. But the Zionists have ran into some road bumps. apparently, and now they are desperate and trying everything to accomplish their goal. Iran is next.

top topics

join