It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these types of videos racist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
IMHO these types of videos and magnifying of black incidents caught on tape, serves the hate-explosion agenda set for America.

The ones that think are pure of heart, christian or whatever are painfully exposed and as stated in many movies:
these so called civilized people will soon eat each other. The monsters from maple street are due.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

IIRC, the OP may have questionable mental faculties as evidenced by his appalling taste in music (he likes Phil Collins and is possibly under 25 too) but i've seen a fair few of his posts and i thought he was a right-on anti prejudice leftie kinda type.

You may not think much of his thread or agree with him, but i reckon you have it wrong on calling him racist so chillaxificate your jets man, put it down to communication differences

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla
HEY!! I like Phil Collins!
lol

Calling someone a brute or an animal isn't racist. Not even remotely.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

You Brute!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
a reply to: skalla

Calling someone a brute or an animal isn't racist. Not even remotely.

It can be racist. It all depends on the context and what the person saying it believes. I once had an ex whose family was left leaning. They were extremely racist towards African Americans. However since all there friends were left leaning too. They were afraid of what people would think and afraid of African Americans. So they would keep their racism confined to their home. When out and about they would use the code word, boneheads, to refer to African Americans. They would also use the term animal a lot.

So it all depends on the situation. I think there are large segments of the population that are secretly racist but they are afraid to express that racism in todays world. So they use these code words to replace what they really want to say. I am not saying that the OP is one of these people. I have no first hand way of knowing that. I do not know what the OP is thinking in his head when he uses those words. He explicitly states that he would label anyone regardless of race. An animal or brute, if they behave like the people in the video.

Now on to the video. I would say it is borderline racism. It is in that gray area of racism. I do not think it is direct, I hate a certain race with all my heart, racism. It is just some over privileged kids doing stupid stuff because they feel they can, without suffering any repercussions. It is borderline racism because I think they feel this way because they are doing it to African Americans in the ghetto. They see them as lesser than them. So its ok to do this. Then when the reaction turns against them. They cry foul and say, hey its only a prank, its only a prank. I have a right not to be punched for my prank. Your lesser than me you should just take me stepping on your shoes and laugh. Then they go home and upload their video so they can laugh at all the black people being brutish and animals. However if they met a African American kid. Who went to the same schools as they did. Who is the son of one of daddys business partners. I am sure they would be fine with that kid. Again its that gray area of racism. That border where class-ism and racism overlap. The, I like my black friend Anton because he is not like the rest of them, type of racism. Of course, this is only my opinion.
edit on 4-9-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: Fylgje

You Brute!!!

You animal!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join