It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these types of videos racist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'll just post the youtube link since I can't seem to be able to embed videos, but basically it's a group of guys going into the hood and pranking black people.

However this video in particular got my attention. I mentioned in another website that anyone that reacted with violence against someone that stepped on their shoes was an uncivilized animal, I might have been a bit too harsh with my word selection but that's what I think. I think anyone that reacts violently towards such a trivial thing is a brute and it doesn't matter if you're Asian, or White or Hispanic.

Anyway, I got called names and I got called a racist for basically saying that anyone that reacted with violence was an uncivilized animal.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Different cultures as far as I'm concerned. These guy were just pushing buttons to get YouTube hits.

But both parties in every clip should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Moral of the story?

Learn to fight if you plan on being a jack ass in life.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Well, it is in a 'hood, which aren't exactly known for savory individuals.
Note: a "hood" isn't exclusive to one race.

Those guys were pushing buttons, but regardless, fists shouldn't start flying that easily.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yes they are.

These guys almost exclusively target black neighborhoods with their "pranks", which are really nothing more than being a total asshole to random folks who are minding their own business (who likely have a lot on their minds already), then try to justify their dick behavior by yelling "it's a prank!" over and over afterward. It would be another thing if they were actually clever jokes that EVERYONE can laugh about after...

Also, don't you think it's highly likely that they are editing out the less extreme reactions for a more action-packed video, thus inadvertently painting black people in a certain light and furthering stereotypes about them?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
" Are these types of videos racist? "

Hmmm.

Are these types of videos staged and scripted?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I suspect that a big problem is that its not just " stepping on a persons shoes " - its the blisteringly obvious fact that the instigator is DELIBERATLY stepping on peoples shoes

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Saw this a few days ago. What idiots. You might as well be putting a cigar out in a sleeping bear's fur.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
No, not racist. Just stupid.
If these clowns walked up to me and said what they said and stepped on my toes, i wouldn't beat them up but i would slap the stupid out of them.

Stupid should hurt.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman
Yes they are.

These guys almost exclusively target black neighborhoods with their "pranks", which are really nothing more than being a total asshole to random folks who are minding their own business (who likely have a lot on their minds already), then try to justify their dick behavior by yelling "it's a prank!" over and over afterward. It would be another thing if they were actually clever jokes that EVERYONE can laugh about after...

Also, don't you think it's highly likely that they are editing out the less extreme reactions for a more action-packed video, thus inadvertently painting black people in a certain light and furthering stereotypes about them?

You are correct and the OP is trolling by referring to the minority represented as "Brutes" and "animals".

This is a disgusting thread and a disgrace to ATS for not acting on complaints and deleting it.

Shame on you moderators.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I mentioned in another website that anyone that reacted with violence against someone that stepped on their shoes was an uncivilized animal

I can see why some people would call you racist, but that word gets thrown around entirely too much.

A white guy going into a black neighborhood and acting like a punk is asking for it, IMO. Same if the races were reversed. Granted, a white guy may not react as violently, but white people haven't historically been pushed around by black people and been raised to be suspicious of black people.

Like it or not, many black people are raised to be suspicious of anyone white, thanks to the real racists out there. You can see the black guys were suspicious as soon as the white guy asked where he got the shoes. "What does this dude want from me? Why is he talking to me?"

I agree completely with solarjetman.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Anyone regardless of race would be pissed off and probably do the same.
It's more of a guy thing than a black thing.
Your OP and view on this are pathetic and I'm glad you got stick on the other forums.
edit on 4/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The boys who made these vids are cruising for a beating, screwing up someone's expensive "prestige" fashion item which usually aint gonna be easy/cheap to replace. I'm glad they got roughed up, frankly after seeing their vid i couldn't care less if someone gave them a good kicking with those freshly scuffed shoes.

Golly, that got me quite annoyed so it did

I loved the "don't hurt me" too. wankers

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
You are correct and the OP is trolling by referring to the minority represented as "Brutes" and "animals".

Sometimes it is NOT blatant racism, but ignorance and misunderstanding that leads people to think what they do. muse7 is a good person and I don't believe he/she is being knowingly racist in this case. I definitely don't think this is a troll thread, but an effort to understand why people responded they way they did.

One of the problems with racism is that people forget to think about the history of race relations in the country. People forget to think about the state of mind that these black people in the video might be in. They forget to think about how they've been raised, what they've been told, their experiences of racism every day. They say things like, "Well, if a white person shouted "White Power" how would that go over? Why is it OK for a black person to shout "Black Power" "? They think the playing field is level, but it's not. That's a fact of life. The playing field is never level, though, ideally, it should be. It would be nice if it was, but it's not.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Your OP and view on this are pathetic and I'm glad you got stick on the other forums.

Tell it to the moderators.

Why are they allowing this rubbish?

Obviously there are fewer people of colour amongst ATS staff than the Ferguson PD.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Sometimes it is NOT blatant racism, but ignorance and misunderstanding that leads people to think what they do. muse7 is a good person and I don't believe he/she is being knowingly racist in this case. I definitely don't think this is a troll thread, but an effort to understand why people responded they way they did.

One of the problems with racism is that people forget to think about the history of race relations in the country. People forget to think about the state of mind that these black people in the video might be in. They forget to think about how they've been raised, what they've been told, their experiences of racism every day. They say things like, "Well, if a white person shouted "White Power" how would that go over? Why is it OK for a black person to shout "Black Power" "? They think the playing field is level, but it's not. That's a fact of life. The playing field is never level, though, ideally, it should be. It would be nice if it was, but it's not.

All the justifying in the world doesn't change a thing, this is race hate, plain and simple.

The "state of mind of the black people in the video" is irrelevant. They have been assaulted!!! The property they worked hard to afford and which they take pride in has been deliberately damaged and their personal rights LITERALLY trod upon.

The "playing field" not being "level" is the same kind of reasoning plantation owners used to condone slavery.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

All the justifying in the world doesn't change a thing, this is race hate, plain and simple.

The kids in the video may very well be racist and I would say upon first glance that they definitely are. They're targeting black people and assaulting them to get their reaction and they think it's funny. I'm not defending them at all. My point is that I don't think the OP posted this thread because he/she is racist. I think they actually want to understand why people got upset with him/her. And my post is an effort to explain that to them.

They have been assaulted!!! The property they worked hard to afford and which they take pride in has been deliberately damaged and their personal rights LITERALLY trod upon.

Agreed! 100%. Their reaction is justified, IMO.

The "playing field" not being "level" is the same kind of reasoning plantation owners used to condone slavery.

Well, that's not what I'm doing. You seem to be misunderstanding my position entirely. Take a deep breath and read my post again. I am known on this board for standing up for minorities of all kinds. Don't let your anger at the video cloud your judgment.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This sort of reminds me of a guy who calls himself on YouTube: The Amazing Racist. It's all for shock value but it does get racist. You go step on any mans shoes of any race and you will most probably get the same.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The kids in the video may very well be racist and I would say upon first glance that they definitely are. They're targeting black people and assaulting them to get their reaction and they think it's funny. I'm not defending them at all. My point is that I don't think the OP posted this thread because he/she is racist. I think they actually want to understand why people got upset with him/her. And my post is an effort to explain that to them.

They have been assaulted!!! The property they worked hard to afford and which they take pride in has been deliberately damaged and their personal rights LITERALLY trod upon.

Agreed! 100%. Their reaction is justified, IMO.

Well, that's not what I'm doing. You seem to be misunderstanding my position entirely. Take a deep breath and read my post again. I am known on this board for standing up for minorities of all kinds. Don't let your anger at the video cloud your judgment.

The deficiency in comprehension is not mine.

The OP is the one referring to the men of colour in this video as "Brutes" and "animals". That's Klan speak for N*****.

This is clearly a racist troll and I am disgusted with ATS for allowing it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The OP is the one referring to the men of colour in this video as "Brutes" and "animals". That's Klan speak for N*****.

Didn't you see his last sentence? He even said himself, he isn't being race specific.

originally posted by: muse7
I think anyone that reacts violently towards such a trivial thing is a brute and it doesn't matter if you're Asian, or White or Hispanic.

So what's the problem here?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join