It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlling My Dreams . . And Other Dream Related Questions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hello,

I'll start off with a history of my dreams and how I usually dream.

I'll start off by saying I remember every single dream I have as soon as I wake up. I remember my exact thoughts depending on the situation I was in during the dream and everyone in the dream. I remember it like my brain recorded the dream as I was having it and stored it for me when I wake up.

Paranormal Dream

I've also had one single dream about a friend of mine who died in front of me. Long story short she was a classmate and I saw her die in a car accident while following her. I was distraught and when I went to bed that night, I had a dream I was in class the next day thinking to myself I'd never see her again. We had class together, and she walked up and said "I'm fine don't worry about me" and I woke up. I never had a bad dream about it, or any dream for that matter, again. I can't decide if it was really her or my brain trying to help me cope.

Controlling My Dream

A few weeks ago I had a massive tooth ache and had took a Vicodin 5mg before I laid in bed. I ended up falling asleep and having dreams where I knew I was dreaming and could control everything I was doing in the dream like I was awake. The weird thing is, if I didn't like what was going on in the dream, I could wake myself up to get out of it. When I went back to sleep, a totally different dream would occur and I'd still be able to control it however I wished.

I had all kinds of dreams that night about all different types of topics, some good dreams and some bad. It felt like a weeks worth of dreams crammed into one night, like the dream time was different than normal time you would experience awake. So much stuff happened in the time I was dreaming, if you put it in the real world, it would take a week to accomplish.

Can anyone explain to me what my brain was doing or why this happened? I have taken pain killers before and never had this happen. Also, any input on how I can remember dreams would be great, too. If there's any paranormal people in here, the dream I had about my friend I'd like to learn a little more about as well.
edit on 9/3/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Sounds like a pharmacologically induced case of lucid dreaming.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sounds like a pharmacologically induced case of lucid dreaming.

I was thinking that, it's the only possible explanation. But I've taken Vicodin plenty of times and have never had this happen. I'm not experimenting to try it again though, lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Perhaps it was something else you ingested in addition. Food? Drink? Other medication or supplements?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well this reminds me of an incident from waaaay back. I was going out with a girl of Ukrainian descent. Once, when I had a bad cold, her Mother (known as Bubba) Insisted I drink a white liquid she gave me in a glass jar. The liquid turned out to be rum. Bubba insisted it would cure my cold if I drank it and went to bed "You'll be cured by morning" she insisted. To make sure I also took a couple of Contact C's. I drifted off on the couch later at home watching the tele. In a weird dream state where the tele seemed to be creating my dreams, someone one some show said something and I thought "Jesus!...That's it, the whole meaning of the universe!" Funny I know, but it was like I understood to my core what everything meant and it was soooo damned simple! Of course I woke up and could not remember what the concept was but I'll never forget the complete knowledge I felt at the time and how truly simple it was.

edit on 3-9-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I didn't ingest anything other than soup and water as I was going to the dentist the next morning to get it pulled. I couldn't eat, either. Was pretty cool being able to control the dream like I was awake, though.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
Well this reminds me of an incident from waaaay back. I was going out with a girl of Ukrainian descent. Once, when I had a bad cold, her Mother (known as Bubba) Insisted I drink a white liquid she gave me in a glass jar. The liquid turned out to be rum. Bubba insisted it would cure my cold if I drank it and went to bed "You'll be cured by morning" she insisted. To make sure I also took a couple of Contact C's. I drifted off on the couch later at home watching the tele. In a weird dream state where the tele seemed to be creating my dreams, someone one some show said something and I thought "Jesus!...That's it, the whole meaning of the universe!" Funny I know, but it was like I understood to my core what everything meant and it was soooo damned simple! Of course I woke up and could not remember what the concept was but I'll never forget the complete knowledge I felt at the time and how truly simple it was.

Drinking alcohol and taken sleeping meds will definitely make you go bonkers in your dreams.

Cold medicine always gives me weird dreams even without alcohol involved. Another thing that gives me crazy dreams is melatonin.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I totally agree with that...When you take some of that stuff, brain chemistry takes the night off and parties hard!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The paranormal dream was most definitely your friend coming back to let you know she was okay.

I had somewhat the same thing happen to me when my father died, but I was wide awake at the time.

The way to tell if dreams are 'paranormal', i.e. predictive or visitations from the 'dead' is if they are extremely vivid and remembered well after awakening, sometimes for a lifetime. Those are real.

I've had vivid reincarnation dreams (memories of the last few days of my past life). Considering those and the instance with my father visiting after his death, I've had to come to the conclusion that we not only survive physical death, we come back again and again and again...

Thus my signature line:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

That dream was the realest dream I have ever had. I can still remember every aspect of it like it was the second after I woke up. And, to never have nightmares or anything after that, I think in some way, she must have eased my soul/mind, idk.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
a reply to: signalfire

That dream was the realest dream I have ever had. I can still remember every aspect of it like it was the second after I woke up. And, to never have nightmares or anything after that, I think in some way, she must have eased my soul/mind, idk.

And consider, why would you remember THAT dream, out of the thousands you've had over a lifetime...?

I think there's a window of time after death where the spirit, energy, whatever you want to call it, can interact here on this plane of existence; I don't know why some people get these visits and others don't but I'm sure it's based on vibrational energies and compatibilities of some sort, like having a radio tuned to the right station to pick up the signal. The energy comes from the other person and you're just the receiver.

Think of what happened this way... if you decide it was just a dream and had no meaning except your upset mind trying to recover from recent trauma, then the feeling afterwards is... one of feeling rather bereft, confused and sad, right?

But if you consider that perhaps she really did visit you, then the feeling you get is one of both calm and gratitude.... taking that forward into your life is a real gift.

Go for the latter conclusion - it makes life much more interesting.

(On another note, most religions if not all consider life after death a sure thing and even promise it - and yet when someone has an experience like this (and aren't Moses with a burning bush) it tends to be waved off... funny how the tales from antiquity are given full weight of reality but something that happened recently is minimized).

top topics

join