It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did "Fast and Furious" arm the cartels in anticipation of ISIS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Just want to start off with saying that I don't believe it. I'm simply asking for the question for those who may.

I will keep an open mind, and perhaps you could even convince me of something unseen/thought of.

Been hearing about how IS and the cartels could be working together in some capacity, also the McCain revelations of that committee wanting to arm ISIS, as well as the evidence of the arming of the cartels.

What say you ATS?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Probably. It seems strange how ISIS procured the weapons to originally go for the Iraqi stockpiles.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The cartels need easy access to the border or else they lose there billions in drug trade, would make no sense what so ever to allie with terrorist
edit on 3-9-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I already said in another thread the cartels will kill anyone or anything that disrupts their cash flow. There would be no alliance. It does absolutely nothing for them if a radical terrorist organization destroys america. What do they gain by that? Nothing and lose everything.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
The cartels need easy access to the border or else they lose there billions in drug trade, would make no sense what so ever to allie with terrorist
We're obviously not stopping them, so I doubt it would make a difference.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Seeing how America started arming the cartels through operation wide receiver it's doubtful they thought anything about ISIS. Besides the cartels are also working with the DEA so they would rat out any ISIS groups just like they do with rival cartels so they can stay on the DEA's good side.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
double post
edit on 3-9-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
the whole topic is ridiculous
did you even think about the logistics of getting isis militants into mexico in any kind of numbers in the first place?
how would they do that in secret? (and if not in secret the united states navy or air force would absolutely wreck them)
why the cartels rather than the citizens or government?
why would isis go through mexico at all?
why so few weapons if that was the intent?

i really want to know what your thought process here was because im not getting it (maybe im misunderstanding)
edit on 4-9-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm genuinely surprised this IS/Cartel thing is getting the traction it is.

The Cartels are only interested in money and power. Bringing American military attention to the border is - quite literally - the last thing they would want.

They don't hate America. They love American money.

To suggest they'd compromise this by assisting Islamic extremists is absurd. If anything, the Cartels would fight IS tooth and nail.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Wow that idea is so diabolical it could be possible...

They allow major shipments of firearms into Mexico covertly, under the guise of arming drug lords for their nefarious actions,... including shipments that are stored in safe houses that are accessed by assets that bring them in over the border thru the new porous and sanctioned open border by way of bussing them in deep into the interior of our country and then they hide out and wait for the signal to be "activated"...

That actually sounds possible given that we live in a country that fell for things like 9/11 a so forth... DAMN good one!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink
the whole topic is ridiculous
did you even think about the logistics of getting isis militants into mexico in any kind of numbers in the first place?
how would they do that in secret? (and if not in secret the united states navy or air force would absolutely wreck them)
why the cartels rather than the citizens or government?
why would isis go through mexico at all?
why so few weapons if that was the intent?

i really want to know what your thought process here was because im not getting it (maybe im misunderstanding)

11 lybian airliners missing,

1000's of guns are missing from F&F.

mexico is open.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The result of the U.S. arming ANY group always results in the same.

The U.S. helped to arm the Sinaloa cartel to fight the more evil Los Zetas cartel.

The U.S. helped to arm the Muslim Brotherhood to fight the more evil Al Qaeda.

We're always giving weapons to some evil group to fight the more evil group. Unfortunately, no one ever thinks about the lesser evil becoming more evil and using everything we've given them and trained them on against us. We're always trying to deal with the immediate threat without planning for future threats.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
OP I think you're close on this one.

What you have are two relationships separated by one degree
1. intelligence agency and cartels
2. intelligence agency and ISIS

What's the link? in this case, its Iran-contra drugs for money, money for guns, on steroids.

Why do we have the failed "war on drugs"? prohibition drives the prices up, people are making loads of money loads off of it, and its serves multiple purposes politically internally. but in the case of the ISIS cartel connection, intelligence agencies partner with cartels to mule their drugs and make money for black ops and banks make huge profits laundering the the money.

This money is off the books money for ops like running guns through Benghazi and arming ISIS. So that is the connection with intelligence agencies and cartels. As far as fast and furious, I think that would be the justice department piggy backing their operation to attack the 2nd amendment on the back of a preexisting intelligence agency/cartel relationship. and as an aside, it was HW Bush ex head of CIA that ran the Iran contra and it was also the beginning on the war on drugs and just say no. The two go together as a fund raiser for intelligence agencies.

What does this mean? well it means that cartels are businessmen and mercenaries. They won't attack the US because the US makes them money. and more importantly, if the cartels ferry ISIS terrorists across the border, it won't be because the cartels are terrorist, it will be because they were asked to do it as part of the intelligence agency/ cartel relationship.

In other words, if the cartels ferry ISIS across the border, and there is a terrorist attack, then its evidence of a false flag operation.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Hmm..

I think the DEA is being pitted against compartmentalized rouge CIA outfits. We know the CIA has run drugs before to fund off-the-book operations. The CIA probably gives up rival cartels to the DEA in order to keep the cartels they support in business, and the DEA off their backs.

When the DEA busts the wrong cartel members, I bet the guys in CIA jackets show up, and tell the DEA investigators to piss off.

I'm fairly certain there are elements of the CIA that work autonomously without oversight in DC.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

sure why not
we've got ISIS & some cartel called the Templars,
all that's missing is some kinda quasi-masonic hiphop gang?
/popcorn

new topics

top topics

join