It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving God credit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I give credit to god for some things. I am not religious, but I do believe there is something structuring life.

I have no problem if your beliefs don't have a conflict with our known science.

If you say that you believe that there could be a creator that started it all and a few more things then I can't argue with that. But if you say that this god made the Earth 6,000 years ago or that he cures Americans but not African kids then I can debate that.
edit on 3-9-2014 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I think you understand me in a way.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: danielsil18

“We want to give God all the credit and all the glory for what’s happened,” David said.

Wonder if they give God all the credit and all the glory for infecting her in the first place?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

How is God the bad guy?

I was bold enough to make one of my speeches (in the speech class I had) in a room with mostly Christians.

I ended that speech by quoting Epicurus:

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

Wonder if they give God all the credit and all the glory for infecting her in the first place?

That's a good point, but since they believe god is loving, caring, just, and merciful then he wouldn't do such thing.

But why did god save the few Americans (the ones who took the cure) and not the thousands of Africans (all of those who didn't take the cure)?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
They forgot to thank god for giving them ebola to start with ..

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
God is so great that he decided that giving aids to kids in africa was part of a great plan.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Here is the big difference with my theory vs. that of religion. If what I say is true, then life actually created God. Before there was life in this universe though, there could have been life in a different universe that jump started it here.

The earth being created six thousand years ago? where were the neanderthals living before that? Where did modern Humans live?

I can't actually find a date of six thousand years anywhere in the bible. The stuff could have been passed on for generations verbally before being written down. I do believe there was some sort of event sometimes around thirteen thousand years BC though, how wide an area it covered I do not know. There have also been a few major catastrophes since the bible was created.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yes lets all thank god for his wonderful accomplishments here are a few.

Cholera, Smallpox, Yellow Fever, Tuberculosis, Influenza, Lung Cancer, Ebola, Tetanus, Malaria Approximate annual deaths: 1,272,000, Tuberculosis, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Diarrhoeal diseases Approximate annual deaths: 1,798,000, Ischaemic heart disease Approximate annual deaths: 7,208,000, but wait there is more...eh..a lot more. Too many really. So go ahead thank god.

Me I would like to thank those fighting to eradicate all those things God thought would be fun to create.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

God is the only reason you took your first breath. I would show a little more respect.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

My mom gave me life, god didint do squat.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

God is the only reason you took your first breath. I would show a little more respect.

If ever anything screamed for "IMHO" this is it....IMHO!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

When I had cancer and thought I was going to die, I didn't turn to God. I didn't pray once. Medical science got me through it.

Well thank God He granted you an extension

edit on 3-9-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

In the words of the famous george carlin god dosent dare strike me down when i call him out, i stoped believing in santa claus a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I can't actually find a date of six thousand years anywhere in the bible.

I was referring to some fundamentalist Christians that believe the Earth was 6 - 7 thousands of years ago even though it goes against what evidence shows.

I think it was a priest who came up with the date by adding the ages of the people and events in the bible (Noah = 950 years).

edit on 3-9-2014 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Actually that was Albus Dumbledore.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

In the words of the famous george carlin god dosent dare strike me down when i call him out

Is He supposed to?

I stoped believing in santa claus a long time ago.

The devil is very cunning. Santa Claus and the Easter bunny were conjured up to crush our faith. Parents go to great lengths to convince their kids that those figures are real, knowing good and darn well that they aren't. It's a mighty cruel practice to be honest.

Now that I think about it, Jesus is the only deity I can think of that's been replaced with fictional characters, can you name another?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations- Hunab Ku hangs out in "The Octave" and Mother Earth just shifted into 4th gear. If You look at Earth as something akin to '1st grade' and unlike "regular school" You have to learn the lessons prior to getting passed along even though You still can't read.

"Everybody wants to get to Heaven, but nobody wants to die.." If "most" were taught "Life-death-rebirth" maybe they'd have different thoughts? I'd opine that screaming at a 5 year old that "JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS" besides making the kid brick His Lunchable™ by the time He is 8 and has lied to His folks about picking up His room 14x, He figures he is doomed to Hell, then to make HimSelf feel better He figures to help St. Pete out by judging those who weren't in Church™ this past Sunday or if they were they "only" put in $10.00 yet He had 2 legs of Yardbird and a 2nd helping at the Church™ Bazaar, You know where He is going..

For those who think "this is it" it is like YOLO™ another 'thing' to make a $1.00. You've been here since the beginning and will always be here.. "You are NOT Your body" - Jesus The Christ. If You meditate and get this "thought" then the idea of "You" vanishes, You're thinking too much of Your "body" and You are NOT that, You are a "Spirit" (We ALL are) and We are having a "Human Experience"

Meditation and de-calcification of Your Pineal Gland. At The Vatican there is an altar where One prays to the PINE cone. The Pope (Frankie!) has a staff and built w/in the staff is a PINE cone. The PINE cone is a representation of the PINEal gland... (I kid You NOT; I thought it was all balogna too but the more "quiet" You get and the deeper One looks "inside" it is amazing but it takes a little work. First, You have to just sit there. You have to turn OFF the electronics (The machines are sucking away Your negative ions anyway... ) The Powers That Be or "non-positive" don't want You looking for any answers. Got fluoride in Your water? Look at what that does to Your PINEal gland. They want You watching t.v. while on the intraweb while texting while You listen to the radio.. So far off of "center" that You'll never make Your "way back" The way back to "whence You came"

ALL the religions are 'different' That makes them the 'same'. So remove what is the 'same' and The Truth will be revealed..

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Santa Claus and the Easter bunny were conjured up to crush our faith.

Really thats kind of funny. Now I am not familiar with the origins of the Easter Bunny but I am familiar with the lore of Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle.. Now there is far more evidence for Saint Nicholas the actual person than Jesus however both have had their stories embellished greatly adding supernatural powers. Both in similar fashions as well because they both had god like attributes added to them. Saint Nicholas in folklore took on some attributes of Odin and well you know the other guy. Anyway there is a lot to the story of Saint Nicholas aka Santa and a s far as real go's only children believe he is still alive delivering presents but we do know where his remains are too bad the same can't be said for the other fella.

Honestly though Christmas time is a Pagan Holiday "Yule" so whats up with the whining about how things are being replaced.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

That's because you did it in the wrong order.

God created man first. Then Ebola was created & man found a cure. ((Plus a whole bunch of steps in between but it was all started by God))

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join