It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Supporters Have All Failed!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

It's not my idea, its the militias that keep saying they want to start a second civil war.

I don't suppose you have some genuine proof of that do you?

Please expound.

(post by TDawgRex removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: projectvxn

It's not my idea, its the militias that keep saying they want to start a second civil war.

Here was their opportunity, but they were to cowardly to do something about it.

Americans were assaulted, they were illegally detained and arrested. How much tyranny do y'all need?

Here it was, your kickstart to the next civil war that y'all have been ranting about for years. And you did nothing.

Oppression actually occurred, and you did nothing.

Why should we respect your second amendment rights if you are unwilling to defend the first amendment rights of the free press?

You ALL failed.

For someone that apparently is against the 2nd amendment, you sure seem to be calling for blood.

A lot of blood.

Blood spilled by knee jerk reactions. Blood spilled based upon emotion.

Needless blood spilled in this case, because there are (as it has been pointed out to you many times in this thread, but like most young people, you don't want to hear it) other NON-VIOLENT means that can be pursued first.

What did you want to happen? You wanted a bunch of civilians to show up, armed with guns and start shooting and LEOs because they were arresting people such as reporters?

Yes. I'm sure you really DID want that. Because THEN you would have been able to scream at the top of your lungs: SEE??? THIS IS WHY YOU AMERICANS SHOULD NOT HAVE GUNS!

It's quite obvious what you are REALLY upset about is that did not happen. No one showed up with their guns and started shooting at police.

Tyranny? Please. That is not what you are upset about. You are upset that what you hoped would happen, didn't.

Instead, cooler heads prevailed.

You want to read about people arming themselves against the police in America?

Here, read this link, then shut your mouth about militia not defending against tyranny, because you obviously have not done any research into it:

Battle of Athens, TN, 1946

(post by HauntWok removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by projectvxn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Ahhhh. Now it finally comes out. Anyone who is pro-Second Amendment that did not show up in Ferguson hates black people.

That has to be one of the lamest points of contention I have ever seen.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Hmmm.

So you *ARE* relating this whole thing to race.

Unfortunate.

I think race has zero to do with the problem of a police state.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Race is the final refuge of those who can't come up with anything better.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Na, that was a test. It incurred the response i was expecting.

The real truth is the reporters that were arrested.

There's your real failure as second amendment supporters.

Real second amendment supporters would have laid down their lives for the journalists trying to get the truth out.

But no one did, not one militia group showed up for the media to protect the reporters trying to report the news.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Cmon, you won't even protect the first amendment, why should we trust you gun nuts to protect our way of life?

It's obvious you won't, all why should we protect you?
edit on 21pm000000930362014k by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Real second amendment supporters would have laid down their lives for the journalists trying to get the truth out.

But no one did, not one militia group showed up for the media to protect the reporters trying to report the news.

Jounalists were chomping at the bit to catch a riot or shooting in progress. Did you actually watch any of the coverage and the leading questions they put forth trying to make things worse. Even the people of Ferguson called them out on it.

And yes, one militia group did show up. The New Black Panther Party, so you are wrong...again.

I guess you didn't get the bloodshed that you hope for.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

See? You just proved my point.

You're not for 2nd amendment rights.

You want blood. The more, the better. If it's LEOs blood spilled by people claiming to be "militia", that's a bonus.

Because then you'd be able to scream how irresponsible civilians are with their guns.

But it did not happen.

And you're mad about it. Because, again, law abiding gun owners instead acted responsibly.

Tyranny would be if the reporters had been arrested, and simply thrown in jail for years with no charges filed. No trial given to them.

That's real tyranny.

A cop arresting a reporter? Ha. That's nothing. Cops can arrest anyone they want. That's not tyranny. That's just cops being cops.

Real tyranny would be if they took the handcuffed reporter to an ally and shot them in the head.

So go ahead. Keep trying to make something that is not an issue into one. I understand why you're doing it:

No one showed up to shoot the cops and give you what you wanted: irresponsible firearm owners and a good reason to get rid of the 2nd amendment.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

People with your ideological bent time is coming. You complain about the right wing, without realizing that it is you and those who think like you that makes others dig in their heels and oppose you. I remember a time when people got together and talked things out. And when that didn't work out, it led to war.

But if that's what you want?...Be careful of what you wish for.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I was expecting you guys, the MO militia.

Oh right most of them are cops:

edit on 21pmu930362014k by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'm not a LEO, nor am I from Missouri. Just a responsible gun owner.

But from all your posts that I have read, you still hate me. That makes me wonder. Why would anyone hate somebody who takes responsibility for their own actions? Unless they had a agenda maybe?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Don't you as a "responsible gun owner" adhere to the second amendment?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Yes, and by adhering to the 2d Amendment doesn't mean I defend rioters or looters or even idiot citizen journalists. I can use my brain.

What did Sun Tsu say? Pick your battles, don't let others do so for you.
edit on 3-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

See, this shows how ignorant you are about that amendment.

The amendment isn't something a citizen has to "adhere" to. It's a right that a citizen has.

You can either exercise that right, or not.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

A citizen has the right to bear arms. It does not say that they MUST be part of a militia to do so.

Nor does the amendment say that people who bear arms should shoot law enforcement officers.

It does not define nor say what a militia should do. Only that it's necessary for the security of a free state.

A reporter being arrested is not a threat to the security of a free state.

Unarmed protesters being arrested, may not be a threat to the security of the free state.

They were arrested. Not Tried and Convicted.

Law enforcement shooting unarmed protesters and killing them. Now THAT would be a threat to a free state.

But that's not what happened.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hauntwok, after reading a handful of your posts I conclude that either:

1) you are a COINTELPRO agent exclusively exercising technique #3 (see below)

"Technique #3 - 'TOPIC DILUTION'
Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a 'RESOURCE BURN.' By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling ) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a 'gossip mode.' In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion. The less informed they are the more effective and easy it becomes to control the entire group in the direction that you would desire the group to go in. It must be stressed that a proper assessment of the psychological capabilities and levels of education is first determined of the group to determine at what level to 'drive in the wedge.' By being too far off topic too quickly it may trigger censorship by a forum moderator."

OR

2) you are simply a fool.

I can say whatever I want in the rant forum, right?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

a reply to:

AugustusMasonicus

When you pick up a gun, you accept with it the responsibility of all that gun entails.

The security of a free state comes to mind.

And you failed to provide that for your fellow Americans.

woa woa woa...I am pretty hard core progressive myself...maybe to a fault some days

are you telling me that if I own a gun I MUST go to every single unfair event and act? What exactly are my 'responsibilities' here? Look at all these posters here who have guns. What are their 'responsibilities'?

Sorry friendo...when I look at these fine ATS folks I DO see that they have responsibilities with a gun...wanna hear em?

Keep out of reach of children
Don't use the while intoxicated
Use for self defense, hunting, whatever
Don't go out murdering people or shooting folks for no reason
And don't be firing irresponsibly

THOSE are responsibilities of gun owners...and I absolutely will be right there punishing any ATS member who broke those...but beyond that, just because this guy or this woman has a gun, it did not come with a militia manual detailing how they must be at the beck and call of what someone like you believes is a time for uprising

I agree, Ferguson...it's ugly...but you aren't the sole decision maker of what constitutes a need for opposition...especially an armed one

otherwise, you strap on an Armalite, get out there and do it

meanwhile, don't run and tell gun supporters that they 'failed'

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join