It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Supporters Have All Failed!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

You do rant.
A lot.
About guns.

Tell me.... Did a gun steal a girlfriend from you way back when?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

If you hate the constitution so much why are you still here? Why not move to a country more of your liking? You have done everything to insult REAL AMERICANS. Your disdain for this country is duly noted. Go away... the country will be better for it.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You do rant.
A lot.
About guns.

Tell me.... Did a gun steal a girlfriend from you way back when?

Well yes it did. I suffer from ED.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Been a long time since you and have had a good topic to debate. Not the best of topics here but I will give it a shot.

Part and parcel of responsible gun ownership (and by extension a supporter of the Second) is responsible use of a firearm. This boils down to know your target, know that you can safely and reliably hit that target and ensure that you will do minimal acceptable damage should you miss your target. But that is target shooting and not what you are getting at here at all.

17 journalists were arrested between Aug 13-Aug 20. Of the 17, only three (or four) were from readily recognizable print media outlets that would issue legal and legitimate press passes. Three were either journalism students or proclaimed citizen journalists. The other 10-11 were either online press (which are almost always freelancers at best) or citizen journalist for a media type blog. A press pass is not akin to diplomatic immunity. Members of the press are to follow lawful orders, especially those given for reasons of their safety. We would hate to have cops shooting at what they thought were looters stealing a video camera, right?

A (loosely) organized militia, under the Second Amendment, has some limitations to their authority mostly regarding either repelling invasions or suppressing insurrection/civil unrest. They also have been known to fill sandbags during floods, form bucket brigades during fires and provide transportation/directions during evacuations...but very little shooting goes on during those types of events.

But what about the militia (of sorts) that showed up to the Bundy Ranch? Didn't they stand as a check against an overreaching federal government? Yes, they did. And how was it different? Well the BLM is a Federal Agency for one, but then again they came to stand as a show of force to counter an escalated show of force by the BLM. And they also were requested to come as a "call to arms" by the various small militias out there. Would they have came to Ferguson? Maybe, but not sure anyone asked and they probably only would have came to suppress the rioting and looting that wasn't nearly as rampant as the media portrayed. Most people were just protesting the shooting until more details came out and cooler heads prevailed.

So, I don't see it as a failure of the Second Amendment so much as a failure of the First due to violent assembly and no real petitioning that went on in the aftermath. Which if you really want to look at it in that light, an argument could be made that the presence of the armed militia at the Bundy Ranch was really just a strong petition to the BLM to not escalate the situation any further. The BLM responded just as silently and effectively by retreating from the area.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FirePiston

I know, guess reporters, covering a national story doing have any rights.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Back to this?

Are they still in need of relief or were they released in short order?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Once again, no, it is you who has decided that this thread is trashed. It didn't stay where you you wanted it to stay. I think it does belong in the rant forum...because that is what it is.

But since you don't like were it was put, now your feelings are hurt. Trust me, many of us do take what you say seriously even though we disagree.

Emotions vs. rational thought...rational thought will win every time in the long run.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

If the site owners or moderators determined it was not worth debating it would have been removed or closed.

If you want to abandon your own thread because you are upset where it was placed that is your prerogative.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You just shot so many holes (pun intended) in the OP's preconceived racist views, it is absolutely freakin' hilarious!

Poor guy.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Dear HauntWok,

"Fundamentally, every single second Amendment supporter that cited defence against a tyrannical government had completely failed."

I'll be honest and state that I did not even bother to delve into the barrage of outrage that surely follows your opening post.

I take a clue from your spelling of "defence" that you are from somewhere east of the big pond, probably UK.

Am I right? Anyway, you scarcely have a clue about what motivates U.S. devotion to the Gun.

Many Americans define their humanity by their devotion to the Gun.

The Gun is the great Equalizer that demands dignity and respect.

You have no clue of the Manifest Destiny of the righteous American Gun.

Every drop of blood shed by a bullet serves only to tighten the grip

of the American hand on the muzzle.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

[snip]

Reporters practicing their first amendment rights were arrested in Ferguson. No one who claims they protect the constitution helped them.

The second amendment supporters failed in their duty.

They proved they aren't supporting the constitution, they aren't for the people, they failed.

edit on 3-9-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

BS! You speak lies and nothing but.

Pure propaganda.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Stop your childish puling, if this was deemed unfit it would have been closed.

No, you just do not know how to frame a debate properly and opted to resort to blanket ad hominem.

Reporters practicing their first amendment rights were arrested in Ferguson. No one who claims they protect the constitution helped them.

People are arrested and detained exercising their rights daily. The egregious and un-Constitutional instances can be pursued in civil and/or criminal court.

Again, are these reporters still in need of relief or were they released in short order?

They proved they aren't supporting the constitution, they aren't for the people, they failed.

You keep leaving yourself out of the equation, which I think is highly disingenuous my fellow Militia member. Where were you? Why do you not help your fellow citizens?

Edit to add: I removed some of your quotes since I noticed they were moderated out of your post.

edit on 3-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Wheeew !!!

You *ARE* on a wild tirade tantrum.

What exactly was "expected" at the Ferguson.Failure???

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Unfortunately this topic is unfit for general ATS consumption.

You're just pissed because no one agrees with your juvenile arguments.

I've asked repeatedly for it to be shut down.

Let me let you in on a little secret. I used to be a mod on ATS. During that time I learned a few things. One of those things is the fact that the staff is more than willing to let you sleep in the bed you made. They are NOT going to delete this topic no matter how much you prattle on about it. Why? It isn't because they agree or disagree with you. It's because you made an argument, you have to back it up. They aren't going to bail you out if you can't take the heat. DEAL WITH IT.

I spoke the truth.

You spoke what YOU think is the truth. What you believe and what is are obviously very different.

But management doesn't want to hear it.

Don't blame the staff of this site for your failures in a debate. It's even more childish than your argument.

Your idea of "help" is to show up and start shooting people. What good is that going to do? Is that really what you think Second Amendment supporters want? To go around shooting people as a matter of course for any and all perceived tyrannies?

Our duty is what exactly? Do you have a particular duty because you exercise your right to free speech?
Is our duty to shoot everyone who opposes those you support? You want your own army? Build one.

The 2nd Amendment is an individual right. As an individual right I am no more required to speak for you than I am to protect you. Get over kid.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's not my idea, its the militias that keep saying they want to start a second civil war.

Here was their opportunity, but they were to cowardly to do something about it.

Americans were assaulted, they were illegally detained and arrested. How much tyranny do y'all need?

Here it was, your kickstart to the next civil war that y'all have been ranting about for years. And you did nothing.

Oppression actually occurred, and you did nothing.

Why should we respect your second amendment rights if you are unwilling to defend the first amendment rights of the free press?

You ALL failed.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

You ALL failed.

No. Once again it must be pointed out to you. It was the citizens of Ferguson that failed. They even let the New Black Panther Party take over the narrative. There was your militia. Asking for and even demanding more violence.

What does it take to get through that brain of yours? Where is your humanity? Why do you keep wanting more violence?

Why do you want to keep people down?
edit on 3-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
It's not my idea, its the militias that keep saying they want to start a second civil war.

Any quotes to back up this ridiculousness?

Americans were assaulted, they were illegally detained and arrested. How much tyranny do y'all need?

Citizens are detained daily. These reporters were released the next day. Should the first reaction be to shoot people?

Oppression actually occurred, and you did nothing.

Are people still being oppressed or were they released in short order?

Why should we respect your second amendment rights if you are unwilling to defend the first amendment rights of the free press?

You need to respect others right to bear arms as it is the law, whether you like it or not. And frankly, I take some gleeful enjoyment that you do not like it.

You ALL failed.

Nah, this thread however is an monstrously epic failure.

edit on 3-9-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join