It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could This Be A Skunk Ape Arm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
click for larger image at image source

Stacy Brown Jr. is claiming that he and his father have received what is being described as a "non-human primate arm" and according to the statement on their website, they will be sending it out for analysis:

We recieved a non-human primate arm this morning. FWC officials ruled out bear and human by the makeup of the bones. What kind of primate arm this is we dont know as of yet. Here is a photograph of the arm. We are in talks now with people to test the samples we send. We are hopeful this may be a skunk ape's arm. We will find out for sure one way or another. This was found in an area with alot of bigfoot activity. We even found a trackway in the sand in april with 100+ tracks. We will keep you updated and hope to have a video of the arm this evening. Happy Labor day!!!

I'm not terribly familiar with Stacy Brown or his father beyond a video that they released a couple years back which was alleged to be a Bigfoot caught on FLIR. Here's a link to a YouTube video of father and son in a local news interview about that video. A clip of this footage can also be seen at the end of the following embedded YouTube video which is basically just a pan of the picture with the website text interspersed:

edit on 2014-9-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Looks like a orangutan arm to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Definitely Skunk Ape related.
Judging by the length and girth, I would say it is your typical Southern Brown Backed Sasquatch.
The SBBS is larger then its quicker and smaller southern cousin, the Florida Skunk Ape.
The range of the SBBS has been recorded as far north as Ohio, as far south as Central Florida and is sometimes seen as far west as Arkansas and north east Texas.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Possibly. Witnesses often say the thumb starts closer to the wrist as opposed to further up like in humans. I don't know what that is but the arm looks too short for a Sasquatch. Usually the arms are very lengthy and can reach past the knees. The hands are huge!

Could be, but it looks too short. Smaller one, maybe younger? Good find.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Looks too small to me, I take it the rule is in inches.......That being the case it seems the length from wrist to index finger tip seems to be around 5-6 inches.....mine is 7 inches !!!

And are the Radius and Ulna only 6 inches long ???.

Don't look right at all, especially as being touted as a Skunk Ape.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
No way. I've seen dozens of skunk ape arms in my time and none of them had that much exposed bone.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Stacy Brown researches in the Florida area. According to some leading scientists, there are four or so species of Sasquatches in the US. The skunk ape is the smallest variety. So this arm woundn't be as large as a Western Sasquatch. Not only that there is always a possibility of a juvenile arm being present.
Typical skunk ape will reach 6 foot and the hands are longer than a human but not overly huge.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Definitely an interesting find but a few years ago, I saw something similar on TV and it turned out to be a hoax. I can't even see a thumb on this hand. Also, I think it could be human too, who knows? We have to wait for the science guys to tell us what it is....

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Will be interesting in seeing the results. Though, if it does comeback as primate...does that really mean anything? I must admit my curiousity was peaked about skunk ape's after seeing the skunk ape video below.
It was taken in a Mississippi swamp though, but I believe that would be quite close regionally to Florida.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Bear. It's always a bear paw whenever something like this turns up. Hominid thumbs don't look like that, they're shorter and attach differently. I do wish they'd cleaned it up first, though, it'd be a lot easier to tell.

For reference, this is a bear paw:
And this is a gorilla's hand:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: paulgt3

I don't see human in it, I see Sasquatch. A smaller species like you pointed out or a juvenile.

You're correct though. Not all Sasquatches are big, hullking giants. Some are only about 6 feet and very slender. Some are wide and short. They have as much genetic diversity as modern man.

Good first post paulgt3!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

The "skunk ape arm" is neither from a primate, nor is it an arm. It isn't even from a mammal.

It's the leg of an American alligator. According to anthropologist and primate expert Dr. Todd Disotell and also other experts. Will see if I can find video about it.

edit on 8-9-2014 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I have heard of cases where people submitted tissue, hair and other samples for DNA tests, and then discovering the test lab personnel having trouble with certain other agencies, and then they return a results not supporting anything except contamination, or some other known animal. Wait and see with this one I guess..

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
So, where are all the Sasquatch corpses, skeletons, any solid piece of evidence? I was interested for years but I've lost faith. No one can produce any scat, any fur, even a decent picture. If these things are here, where are they and how do they leave zero trace?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
A zoology forum might be the better place for a straight answer I think. Nice find anyway

top topics

join