It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 sporadic fireballs in 24hrs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalmindseed

there was a mess of orbits on the graph that also would have had to be a typo.....

Yes, I know that it looks like a lot. But in an effort to deny ignorance, I actually more-or-less counted those rings. I didn't come up with nearly enough orbits to account for 300 meteors. Then I looked at the diagram from the day before:

I think that's still a non-trivial number of fireballs for one night. Especially since it happened two nights in a row.

Thanks

Dex

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well it appears one hit Sunday...

Source

Managua (AFP) - A mysterious explosion that rocked Nicaragua's crowded capital Managua, creating a large crater, appears to have been caused by a small meteorite, officials said Sunday. Amazingly, in a sprawling city of 1.2 million people, the impact near the international airport did not cause any known injuries, but it did leave a crater measuring 12 meters (39 feet) across and was felt throughout the capital late on Saturday. Nicaraguan authorities believe it was a piece of the small asteroid dubbed "2014 RC," which passed very close to Earth on Sunday and was estimated by astronomers to be about 20 meters big, or the size of a house. "We are convinced that this was a meteorite. We have seen the crater from the impact," said Wilfredo Strauss of the Seismic Institute. The meteorite appeared to have hurtled into a wooded area near the airport around midnight and the hit was so large that it registered on the instruments Strauss's organization uses to size up earthquakes. "You can see two waves: first, a small seismic wave when the meteorite hit earth, and then another stronger one, which is the impact of the sound," he said. Government officials and experts visited the impact site on Sunday.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Your right, it looks like were back to a typo being the most likely explanation.
I wish we could confirm the number of sporadic fireballs. I think I will email the webmaster and see if we can put this to rest.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Buddyman

people see what they want to see.

some see russian military in ukraine, some see nibiru.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
Looks like we also had a very close call a couple days ago that didn't seem to make the news - I guess the man-made distractions are doing their job.

Only if one is an idiot..

Why would it make the news anyway?

Well, the one yesterday made the news and it was only a little bigger, with the same miss distance, in fact it was all over the news. Here is the thread on yesterday's near miss:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, I'm curious as to your use of language, you seem to have much anger or are you just trying to elicit an ego/emotional response? Have you tried meditation? Yoga?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join