It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 sporadic fireballs in 24hrs?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Maybe it's the Triffids arriving…..

Give it a few months and there will be lots of man eating plants shuffling around the place….!!!

Also JohnDeere2020……… sobering if true about a 1km asteroid travelling at such a high velocity……. really does illustrate that we are completely helpless in that scenario..

PDUK

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Thar She blows!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
< heavy sigh > Just because they're not the Big Standards doesn't mean there isn't a meteor shower ongoing. There are several shower overlaps going on currently, if people would just take time to do a little light reading.

Meteor Activity Outlook for August 30-September 5, 2014

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

nibiru was coming years ago, it comes every year according to these forums. We should derive our own ideas instead of churning up stuff we read from second hand sources.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
Looks like we also had a very close call a couple days ago that didn't seem to make the news - I guess the man-made distractions are doing their job.

Only if one is an idiot..

Why would it make the news anyway?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
What I find even more unusual is if you look at the graph of the orbits of all the fireballs that were tracked that hit earths atmosphere, they are all seeming to come from different areas. Almost as if suddenly the Earth had a massive magnetic pull or something.

www.nytimes.com...

When an asteroid exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk in February, shattering windows for miles and injuring well over 1,000 people, experts said it was a rare event — of a magnitude that might occur only once every 100 to 200 years, on average. But now a team of scientists is suggesting that the Earth is vulnerable to many more Chelyabinsk-size space rocks than was previously thought. In research being published Wednesday by the journal Nature, they estimate that such strikes could occur as often as every decade or two.

I did a thread about all the possible asteroid collisions and the resolution of today's technology whereby they believe the have found 90% of the NEO roids that are one mile or greater in diameter. The big problem is the are over a million smaller than the one mile diameter that are of unknown orbits and their NEO status.. Think about a 1/2 mile chunk of rock sneaking up on you house or continent one night while you sleep.
The thread has a link to a video put out by CBS 60 minutes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm going to add to this thread mainly because I believe it's relevant, unfortunately I don't have pics.

I was camping with my son in upper Michigan Mackinac to be exact 2 weeks ago. Anyhow we were camping on the beach and having a campfire at night, my son was sitting directly across from me.

The stars were out and the sky was clear, my son all of a sudden jumps up and says "Daddy! Look a meteor." I turned and just caught the tail end of it, so I actually didn't see much. He was extremely excited.

It was around 2am due north from our position and directly over the water.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think it was a typo on the spaceweather.com website for Sep 3rd, 2014. The info from the ASGARD Web Log doesn't correlate.

It also looks like the summary line (300 sporadics, 3 , 1 alpha Aurigid, 1 Southern delta Aquariid) is malformed. There should be an associated meteor shower named after the lone number 3.

Otherwise I think 300 sporadic fireballs in one night would have been a major event that would probably be mentioned in the MSM.

Dex

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Makes me wonder about any connection to this: www.abovetopsecret.com... Red/Orange glow over pacific ocean as captured by a co-pilot

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

No connections whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Oannes Yeah, its hiding behind the sun. You must be pushing a book.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I've been in a couple of buildings when there was a loud noise that sounded like a sledgehammer had hit the roof. The first time was in a Victorian terraced house when something hit a slate and I heard the slate sliding down the roof. That was confirmed by water starting to leak into the bedroom and the slater finding a shattered slate.

The second time was when I was in a fitness center in Menlo Park, when there was an incredible bang on the roof. One of the trainers went out to have a look but couldn't see anything - no dents, stones or anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

I hope you drink the coolaid soon too as the masters have promised it will protect you from the annunaki. It's grape flavoured.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I did read somewhere a fair few years ago that the solar system was about to enter a particularly 'dirty' piece of space. Unfortunately I can't remember what astronomy site I read it or for that matter when. But it would make sense that we are getting a lot of noise if the scientist was correct in their prediction.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Beat ya to it.

Probably logical. The things happening all around, heck, I even saw something quite similar to the microburst thread but not saying anything due to obvious ridicule. Same freakin' clouds that look like waterfalls. Same freakish downpour with no reason whatsoever. Like a tantrum from nowhere.

So get your loan. The worst that could happen is that you'd have to pay for them. Still good considering future worth is less than present worth. Think about it.

Though I'm not spending it like the elites do. Just trying to furnish a better life. That's not bad. Just do it. Everything else seems to get worse anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Am I the only one who noticed those 5+ 1km or greater asteroids coming within our vicinity all within a short time period? That's insane

Sure they are pretty far away but still, most of them look they have been in 20m range for awhile
edit on 6-9-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shelbee
I did read somewhere a fair few years ago that the solar system was about to enter a particularly 'dirty' piece of space. Unfortunately I can't remember what astronomy site I read it or for that matter when. But it would make sense that we are getting a lot of noise if the scientist was correct in their prediction.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Fluff cloud

The cloud is flowing outwards from the Scorpius–Centaurus Association, a stellar association that is a star-forming region.[7]

In 2009, Voyager 2 data suggested that the magnetic strength of the local interstellar medium was much stronger than expected (370 to 550 picoteslas, against previous estimates of 180 to 250 pT). The fact that the Local Interstellar Cloud is strongly magnetized could explain its continued existence despite the pressures exerted upon it by the winds that blew out the Local Bubble.[8]

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Thank you. That might well have been what the scientist was referring to. I am going to dig out my old astronomy magazines - very old school I know - as it might have been there that the reference was made. I have a burning need to know now and if I find anything of interest I will post.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
< heavy sigh > Just because they're not the Big Standards doesn't mean there isn't a meteor shower ongoing. There are several shower overlaps going on currently, if people would just take time to do a little light reading.

Meteor Activity Outlook for August 30-September 5, 2014
Thank you for the link
The 300 were listed as sporadic not associated with any meteor shower.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

I think it was a typo on the spaceweather.com website for Sep 3rd, 2014. The info from the ASGARD Web Log doesn't correlate.

It also looks like the summary line (300 sporadics, 3 , 1 alpha Aurigid, 1 Southern delta Aquariid) is malformed. There should be an associated meteor shower named after the lone number 3.

Otherwise I think 300 sporadic fireballs in one night would have been a major event that would probably be mentioned in the MSM.

Dex

there was a mess of orbits on the graph that also would have had to be a typo.....
eta

edit on 7-9-2014 by criticalmindseed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join