It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TN pastor vows not to ‘repent’ for homophobia: God says gays ‘must be put to death’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides
Nah, let's just laugh at them.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides
a reply to: olaru12

I say we kill the pastors who advocate or endorse gay bashing or homophobia.

Why stop there?

Just kill everyone who disagrees with you.

Seems to have worked well in the past for people.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Says you!

One is eating pork...say eating BBQ ribs ........and the other is having sex with a person of the same sex. So yea, there is a large difference between the two.

No, actually, save in the severity of the punishment laid down by the bible. The OT merely prohibits the eating of pork and shellfish. Homosexual behaviour is punishable by death. The thing is, so is lying about virginity, breaking the Sabbath and apostasy.

You need to read the New Testament as well. I guess you overlooked the book of Acts it is in the New Testament. I can eat all the pork and shellfish......all I want. It is forbidden to sleep with someone of the same sex.

You are doing it wrong if you are looking for religious reasons to justify your hate.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

But why would god give a hoot about any of that?

I am not allowed to speak for God but if I would guess ........ maybe he looks upon homosexual sex as unnatural.

But you do it anyway when you quote the Bible in your agenda driven, personal interpretation. A dangerous path amigo....

edit on 4-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Ha! How convenient for you. You can eat pork, but I'll go to hell for banging my boyfriend.

Eating pork is not like having sex with another male.

And seizures are not being possessed by the devil.

Ignorance of the unknown is ----- well ---- ignorance.

Today we know that sexual orientation is a very complex gray area ----- it is not black and white (male, female).

As in left-handedness ---- exact science isn't there 100% (yet) ---- but indicators are. Enough to know it has nothing to do with choice.

Choosing to agree and support "ancient ignorance" is exactly that.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Lets be real, times are changing, the old BS ways of explaining everything was leaving it up to GOD.

X, does Y, because God said so.

Time to update the religions. Too much contradictory BS in the ones everyone loves to wear on their sleeves.

As we have deviated far from the OP.

And Beezer was this your attempt at the Socratic Method ITT? LOOOOOL

You know all those stupid loaded questions you liked to ask.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
The whole bible is hypocritical. Constantly saying one thing then a book or two later saying the complete opposite. It's absurd how often this contradictions are hand waved away like they are no big deal. The bible is one of the most poorly written pieces of fiction I've ever read. I think I'd rather worship a Stephen King novel, at least those are well written (and hey King uses quite a bit of Christian imagery and demonology in his books).

Seriously! Thank you.

I've read the bible, twice.

Reading it "straight" as if it is just a book is kind of a "what the .....".

There is a lot of man made interpretation.

I

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, like the fact that hell doesn't exist in the bible and no person is damned to it regardless of what they do on the planet (which includes homosexuality).

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Says you!

One is eating pork...say eating BBQ ribs ........and the other is having sex with a person of the same sex. So yea, there is a large difference between the two.

Yes.

Improper preparation of food can kill you.

Loving another person, including physically, is harmless.

link   

The whole bible is hypocritical. Constantly saying one thing then a book or two later saying the complete opposite. It's absurd how often this contradictions are hand waved away like they are no big deal. The bible is one of the most poorly written pieces of fiction I've ever read. I think I'd rather worship a Stephen King novel, at least those are well written (and hey King uses quite a bit of Christian imagery and demonology in his books).

Here's a quote to go along with your sentiment. It's one I've always enjoyed:

"Turn to the bible for inspiration if you want, because it's supposed to be the divinely inspired word of god. But it strikes me as odd that Shakespeare, a mere mortal, was so much better, in terms of basic writing skill." - Scott Dikkers

link   

Not necessarily. STD's are harmful.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yes, like the fact that hell doesn't exist in the bible and no person is damned to it regardless of what they do on the planet (which includes homosexuality).

This is an interesting site IMO.

It takes passages from the bible and translates/interprets them as if you are a Light Being (energy being having a physical experience).

You don't need to believe. But, it shows how man can choose to interpret in a completely different way.

People who choose to believe in a religion are personally responsible for what they believe. No one forces them to believe in any specific way.

beingoflight.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Living amongst other humans is harmful.

STDs are just one type of contagion of society.

Definitely not specific to homosexuality.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

But of course, but that is what is wrong with the bible. You cannot read it literally, so it fails as a scientific text. Therefore the claims within it could mean anything, and without said higher power coming down and straighting us all out with the "correct" interpretation there is no way to know who is right or not. The book is useless for anything but studying what past humans believed. For a history book or a science book, not so much. And that is the biggest problem we have with religion today is that they ARE trying to use it for those two purposes.

originally posted by: Annee

Living amongst other humans is harmful.

STDs are just one type of contagion of society.

Definitely not specific to homosexuality.

I know, just trying to show that physical love isn't entirely harmless. Actually STD's aren't a contagion of society. There are STD's that affect animals other than humans. STD's are just like any other species, evolved to fill a niche which happens to be passing its species through sexual contact (or through fluids).

ex: Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Dogs

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Actually STD's aren't a contagion of society. There are STD's that affect animals other than humans. STD's are just like any other species, evolved to fill a niche which happens to be passing its species through sexual contact (or through fluids).

Thanks for more detailed info.

My post style is to simplify. If you're not in isolation, you're in a social environment ---- no matter the species.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

That's a rather broad definition of society, but if that's what you want to go with for your original point, ok. No problem here, now I can see where you are coming from.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

But of course, but that is what is wrong with the bible. You cannot read it literally, so it fails as a scientific text. Therefore the claims within it could mean anything, and without said higher power coming down and straighting us all out with the "correct" interpretation there is no way to know who is right or not. The book is useless for anything but studying what past humans believed. For a history book or a science book, not so much. And that is the biggest problem we have with religion today is that they ARE trying to use it for those two purposes.

Yes. And who did the original transcriptions? Novice monks ---- who are gonna see God in everything.

I understand some original writings have now been released for others to transcribe. That there are atheist scholars working on their own transcriptions. I would like to read those. Of course we don't know how many writings came before.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

That's a rather broad definition of society, but if that's what you want to go with for your original point, ok. No problem here, now I can see where you are coming from.

I do simplify. It's just my style.

I welcome you to add more detail to any of my posts.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

And thank the Lord for that!! I get so tired of reading verbose, wordy, repetitive self aggrandizing BS, I could puke!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And thank the Lord for that!! I get so tired of reading verbose, wordy, repetitive self aggrandizing BS, I could puke!

LOL

I call it "short tack" --- try to make your point in 10 words or less.

But, seriously, both are needed --- simplicity and detailed.

What isn't needed is "Circular". Long posts that repeat the point.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join