It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TN pastor vows not to ‘repent’ for homophobia: God says gays ‘must be put to death’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Says you!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Ha! How convenient for you. You can eat pork, but I'll go to hell for banging my boyfriend.

We're talking about bacon here.

Put it in perspective!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

Wrong I am not willing to break biblical law. You need to read Acts chapter 11 - it explains it all.

I eat pork and in the NT it clearly speaks about what I can and can not eat.

You attack Christian belief but do not know the belief. This makes you a hypocrite.

The whole bible is hypocritical. Constantly saying one thing then a book or two later saying the complete opposite. It's absurd how often this contradictions are hand waved away like they are no big deal. The bible is one of the most poorly written pieces of fiction I've ever read. I think I'd rather worship a Stephen King novel, at least those are well written (and hey King uses quite a bit of Christian imagery and demonology in his books).
edit on 4-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Ha! How convenient for you. You can eat pork, but I'll go to hell for banging my boyfriend.

Put it in perspective!

Hey, I never said I wouldn't walk over hot coals for bacon as well!

Edit: I saw a thing online the other day on putting nutella on your crispy bacon. Almost fell off the couch and my eyes rolled into the back of my head.
edit on 4-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: jtma508
See? Who says we need to wait for ISIS to show up? We've got the same thing here already.

When these pastors take to the streets and start beheading people and murdering babies and etc, then there will be a comparison... until then, we have absolutely nothing like ISIS anywhere in the west.

Thank you. I was wondering how long this thread was going to go with comparing the ISIS to the United States. There is NO comparison at all!

As far as the homosexual discussion....easy.....hate the sin not the sinner.

What exactly does 'Hate the sin and not the sinner' mean in terms of gay people?

In terms of gay people? why not all people who sin? Simple......hate all sin but not the sinner. According to the OT being homosexual is against God's law. If you have a problem with that then take it up with him personally.

I'm an atheist. I'd also like to point out that according to 'God's Law' it's illegal for me to eat bacon, have sex with a menstruating woman, eat shellfish, plant more than one kind of seed in one field, mix meat and dairy products (no cheeseburgers in other words - oh noes!), be uncircumcised, work on the Sabbath and be an atheist in the first place. Come on, don't be ridiculous. Those are the rules of a Bronze-age people. Surely we have advanced beyond that?

There are many laws from God and you named a few. Clearly you have never met him nor do you believe. That is fine with me. Not everyone belongs in paradise.

I'm an atheist. Of course I don't believe. Are you seriously saying that bacon, scallops, cheeseburgers and planting different things in the same pot (I have a tomato plant next to the chilli plant after the dog chewed up the one the tomato plant used to be in) are all bad?
Surely modern human laws aimed at modern human life should take precedence?

You speak of human laws........not God's laws. God is precedence over human. You are looking at this issue from "flesh side" not from a "spiritual side". God is spirit.

It is written in the NT - "Ask and you shall receive." I always ask and I always receive.

Please answer this question. Based on what the bible says, should people eat bacon, shellfish or cheeseburgers? Yes or no?

YES

Thank you. So you are willing to break the biblical law. As am I.

Wrong I am not willing to break biblical law. You need to read Acts chapter 11 - it explains it all.

I eat pork and in the NT it clearly speaks about what I can and can not eat.

You attack Christian belief but do not know the belief. This makes you a hypocrite.

???? Acts Chapter 11 is the bit about Peter eating with Gentiles. Nowt about shellfish or bacon.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Put it in perspective!

My sister's best friends in school were all Jewish. I always knew when they'd been visiting her, because we were always out of bacon afterwards. Bacon. Ain't it wonderful!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

If everyone in the world ate just one piece of bacon, then there could be peace.

But then we'd run out of bacon.

And we'd have to fight a country that was hoarding bacon, so there would be war.

But it would be over bacon.

Not gays.

So God would be cool with that.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

If everyone in the world ate just one piece of bacon, then there could be peace.

But then we'd run out of bacon.

And we'd have to fight a country that was hoarding bacon, so there would be war.

But it would be over bacon.

Not gays.

So God would be cool with that.

Lol, I can imagine the pretentious voice-over for the documentary now: "The BACON Wars!"

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

But why would god give a hoot about any of that?

I am not allowed to speak for God but if I would guess ........ maybe he looks upon homosexual sex as unnatural.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

God advocating putting people to death? God concerning himself with trivial pleasures of the flesh? And your a pastor? C'mon brah

I guess bad publicity is still publicity. He should see an increase in plate donations with this type of advertising.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Says you!

One is eating pork...say eating BBQ ribs ........and the other is having sex with a person of the same sex. So yea, there is a large difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I am not allowed to speak for God but if I would guess ........ maybe he looks upon homosexual sex as unnatural.

Are you saying that homosexual love is therefore unnatural? Because that's what it seems to me you are claiming.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Are you saying that homosexual love is therefore unnatural? Because that's what it seems to me you are claiming.

Of course the member isn't saying that. They are leaving it up to an invisible god that they can't prove exists and even if they could prove it exists it would still be a mean bastard. That way, the member has no personal responsibility for their personal distaste of homosexual love.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Says you!

One is eating pork...say eating BBQ ribs ........and the other is having sex with a person of the same sex. So yea, there is a large difference between the two.

No, actually, save in the severity of the punishment laid down by the bible. The OT merely prohibits the eating of pork and shellfish. Homosexual behaviour is punishable by death. The thing is, so is lying about virginity, breaking the Sabbath and apostasy.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Says you!

No, actually, save in the severity of the punishment laid down by the bible. The OT merely prohibits the eating of pork and shellfish. Homosexual behaviour is punishable by death. The thing is, so is lying about virginity, breaking the Sabbath and apostasy.

You need to read the New Testament as well. I guess you overlooked the book of Acts it is in the New Testament. I can eat all the pork and shellfish......all I want. It is forbidden to sleep with someone of the same sex.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ah. Forbidden for you, but not me. It's only forbidden if you choose to follow the old laws of ancient desert wandering jews.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Says you!

You need to read the New Testament as well. I guess you overlooked the book of Acts it is in the New Testament. I can eat all the pork and shellfish......all I want. It is forbidden to sleep with someone of the same sex.

I didn't know that Jesus forbade homosexuality. I thought that he approved of love. I actually do have a qualification in biblical studies (why do you think I became an atheist?) and I'm pretty sure that Jesus didn't say much - if anything at all - about this topic.
edit on 4-9-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I can imagine Jesus being, "Thou Shalt not ask, Thou Shalt not tell".

On a personal level, I have to believe that God has more important things to do than worry about if you loved someone of the same sex or not. I also think He has a sense of humor.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

He sure does one word....willys

God I love being childish
keeps me young.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I say we kill the pastors who advocate or endorse gay bashing or homophobia.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join