It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TN pastor vows not to ‘repent’ for homophobia: God says gays ‘must be put to death’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

My issue with that is only God can judge.

People can't, and shouldn't.

Correct and he does..... everyday.

He does not always wait to judge after the resurrection. Some people get "judged" from God as they walk around on this rock.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: jtma508
See? Who says we need to wait for ISIS to show up? We've got the same thing here already.

When these pastors take to the streets and start beheading people and murdering babies and etc, then there will be a comparison... until then, we have absolutely nothing like ISIS anywhere in the west.

Thank you. I was wondering how long this thread was going to go with comparing the ISIS to the United States. There is NO comparison at all!

As far as the homosexual discussion....easy.....hate the sin not the sinner.

What exactly does 'Hate the sin and not the sinner' mean in terms of gay people?

In terms of gay people? why not all people who sin? Simple......hate all sin but not the sinner. According to the OT being homosexual is against God's law. If you have a problem with that then take it up with him personally.

I'm an atheist. I'd also like to point out that according to 'God's Law' it's illegal for me to eat bacon, have sex with a menstruating woman, eat shellfish, plant more than one kind of seed in one field, mix meat and dairy products (no cheeseburgers in other words - oh noes!), be uncircumcised, work on the Sabbath and be an atheist in the first place. Come on, don't be ridiculous. Those are the rules of a Bronze-age people. Surely we have advanced beyond that?

There are many laws from God and you named a few. Clearly you have never met him nor do you believe. That is fine with me. Not everyone belongs in paradise.

I'm an atheist. Of course I don't believe. Are you seriously saying that bacon, scallops, cheeseburgers and planting different things in the same pot (I have a tomato plant next to the chilli plant after the dog chewed up the one the tomato plant used to be in) are all bad?
Surely modern human laws aimed at modern human life should take precedence?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
double
edit on 4-9-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

He does not always wait to judge after the resurrection. Some people get "judged" from God as they walk around on this rock.

So you agree that it isn't our place to judge?
edit on 4-9-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

So you agree that it isn't our place to judge?

Yes I do agree. It has always been my belief that mankind has no right to rule or judge over mankind. We have never been any good at it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

See? Who says we need to wait for ISIS to show up? We've got the same thing here already.

When these pastors take to the streets and start beheading people and murdering babies and etc, then there will be a comparison... until then, we have absolutely nothing like ISIS anywhere in the west.

Or just stop thinking homosexuality is a sin. My way is even easier than yours!

edit on 4-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Thank you. I was wondering how long this thread was going to go with comparing the ISIS to the United States. There is NO comparison at all!

What exactly does 'Hate the sin and not the sinner' mean in terms of gay people?

In terms of gay people? why not all people who sin? Simple......hate all sin but not the sinner. According to the OT being homosexual is against God's law. If you have a problem with that then take it up with him personally.

I'm an atheist. I'd also like to point out that according to 'God's Law' it's illegal for me to eat bacon, have sex with a menstruating woman, eat shellfish, plant more than one kind of seed in one field, mix meat and dairy products (no cheeseburgers in other words - oh noes!), be uncircumcised, work on the Sabbath and be an atheist in the first place. Come on, don't be ridiculous. Those are the rules of a Bronze-age people. Surely we have advanced beyond that?

There are many laws from God and you named a few. Clearly you have never met him nor do you believe. That is fine with me. Not everyone belongs in paradise.

I'm an atheist. Of course I don't believe. Are you seriously saying that bacon, scallops, cheeseburgers and planting different things in the same pot (I have a tomato plant next to the chilli plant after the dog chewed up the one the tomato plant used to be in) are all bad?

You speak of human laws........not God's laws. God is precedence over human. You are looking at this issue from "flesh side" not from a "spiritual side". God is spirit.

It is written in the NT - "Ask and you shall receive." I always ask and I always receive.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

You speak of human laws........not God's laws. God is precedence over human. You are looking at this issue from "flesh side" not from a "spiritual side". God is spirit.

It is written in the NT - "Ask and you shall receive." I always ask and I always receive.

Please answer this question. Based on what the bible says, should people eat bacon, shellfish or cheeseburgers? Yes or no?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Please answer this question. Based on what the bible says, should people eat bacon, shellfish or cheeseburgers? Yes or no?

YES

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

But why would god give a hoot about any of that?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

YES

Thank you. So you are willing to break the biblical law. As am I.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

But why would god give a hoot about any of that?

Dietary laws made sense in the Bronze age. Pigs and shellfish used to eat a lot of unpleasant things that led to parasites being passed on. Nowadays it makes no sense at all because we have hygiene regulations and sanitation laws.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Really makes you wonder about all the other stuff in the bible that should be ignored...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Really makes you wonder about all the other stuff in the bible that should be ignored...

Well, according to the OT, (Exodus and Leviticus if I recall correctly) slavery is perfectly ok.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Slavery is OK and two people of the same sex loving each other is not.

I just...I mean...I don't even know what to say about the bible, or religion, or those that adhere to the insanity. I just don't know what can be said about any of it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Slavery is OK and two people of the same sex loving each other is not.

I just...I mean...I don't even know what to say about the bible, or religion, or those that adhere to the insanity. I just don't know what can be said about any of it.

Look on the bright side. Religion built the basis of modern morality. It was just a bit... lacking in places. And full of contradictions. And edited for political purposes (Solomon's kingdom was, judging by the archaeology on the ground, a lot smaller than the bible says). We've advanced on from there. We have bacon sandwiches for a start!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

YES

Thank you. So you are willing to break the biblical law. As am I.

Wrong I am not willing to break biblical law. You need to read Acts chapter 11 - it explains it all.

I eat pork and in the NT it clearly speaks about what I can and can not eat.

You attack Christian belief but do not know the belief. This makes you a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Ha! How convenient for you. You can eat pork, but I'll go to hell for banging my boyfriend.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
a reply to: olaru12

Something to ponder about pastors like this. Of the 40,000 denominations of Christianity all believe in the maddening wine know as "Original Sin".

The concept of original sin is this. You were born under the influence of Satan. Your whole life their is no way out of this contract. No matter how hard you try Satan/sin always comes out on top. This is why rituals must be performed.

Personally I don't believe thier is a big bad Satan that is my boss. I follow the Holy Spirit instead. The perfect Spirit that teaches man to overcome Satan.

By this pastors belief you know that he himself is a sinner who believes he can never overcome his sin. In his life Satan must win at least sometimes, because that is what he has confessed to believe.

What could a man's sin be who is obsessed with the sexual lives of others?

I will leave the rest to imagination.

maybe that is a traditional view. i do not know. but tradition is not God's doing. God actually despises tradition taking over from his guidance.

there is a mystery or several hidden in the bible because the bible was written to address this present age. but there was an age before adam and there will be an age after the judgement. the other ages are not addressed with even a chapter of thier own. but they are mentioned throughout the bible such that one can piece together the picture if one studies.

as far as i can fathom the actual original sin was not committed by Adam and Eve. The first sin was when Lucifer grew so vain that he went from trusted guard of the Mercy seat to coveting it to fomenting rebellion against God in heaven. where we come in is that this rebellion took in 1/3 of God's children in active rebellion and another 1/3 who unwittingly fell by simply not choosing to actively support God's side. The other 1/3 did support God and are not subject to judgement as they have already been judged and found pure.

God's salvation plan was already prepared but to satisfy God's perfection it was both quite elaborate in detail but simple in broad terms. All souls would be put in flesh, stripped of memory of the first age but with the same personality and tendencies from that age, be put under Law so that in theory at least they could live by it but in reality no one would pass that test. That same law though allowed for atonement for sin in theory for ever but in practice no sacrifice done by man could earn eternal salvation. God's plan was that He Himself would undergo the same trail He put man through under the same conditions and pass His own test and furthermore be sacrificed or executed for the sins He did not commit. That way by the very rules He agreed to He could not Kill His wayward children if they but accepted the savior.

Satan knew the broad outline of God's salvation plan and worked to interdict it at every opportunity from the beginning to the present on to the end of time.

This is getting quite long but the moves and counter moves between God and Satan account for every event detailed in the bible. from the first lie to eve to the crucifixion of Christ to the martyrdom of the saints to the antichrist to the final skirmish before the lake of fire.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Ha! How convenient for you. You can eat pork, but I'll go to hell for banging my boyfriend.

Eating pork is not like having sex with another male.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join