It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TN pastor vows not to ‘repent’ for homophobia: God says gays ‘must be put to death’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Nazis, KKK, Westboro are more progressive democrats than anything else.

Wow. I can't believe you just posted that.

Just. WOW.

I didn't realize how closed-minded you are, beezzer, until this thread, and this post in particular.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This thread reminds me the words of Lewis Carrol--applicable to both sides.

"Some people say, 'Tis Love,'Tis love make the world go round. I say 'tis people minding their own business."

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This thread reminds me the words of Lewis Carrol--applicable to both sides.

"Some people say, 'Tis Love,'Tis love make the world go round. I say 'tis people minding their own business."

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This will be a nice distraction from the 2 "beheading" videos put out by "ISIS"

Don't believe the lies

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: skoalman88
This will be a nice distraction from the 2 "beheading" videos put out by "ISIS"

Don't believe the lies

2 dead compared to hundreds in bombings.

Aren't you in the wrong thread?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Except, it's really not just one crazy guy ...

Oklahoma Tea Party Candidate Calls for Gays to be Stoned to Death

... Esk first claims that Leviticus 20:13 gives people the right to judge others, and goes on to claim that it is man’s role to put others to death for atrocities such as homosexuality. Then he goes on to claim that if we don’t start killing off homosexuals that God may send a series of “calamities” to nations who do not.

Arizona Pastor Says Gays Should Be Executed

Well the Bible teaches actually that gays should be executed. Because it actually says in Leviticus 20:13 that if a man also lie with mankind as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination, they shall surely be put to death, their blood shall be upon them," said Anderson in the just over one-hour session. Prior to that, he had argued that women who wear mini-skirts were dressing like "whores" and that it was inappropriate for women to wear pants.

Andrew Craibe, Salvation Army Official, Implies Gays Should Be Put To Death In Interview

Ryan: According to the Salvation Army, [gay people] deserve death. How do you respond to that, as part of your doctrine?
Craibe: Well, that’s a part of our belief system.
Ryan: So we should die.
Craibe: You know, we have an alignment to the Scriptures, but that’s our belief.

Kevin Swanson, Right-Wing Pastor: Gay Couples Should Be Told To Die On Their Wedding Day

... and it keeps going and going and going.

But here's the thing: no one here has said that every Christian everywhere says that "all gays should die."

We point out what one Christian says, and we're accused in return of claiming that all Christians are haters.

Then, paradoxically, preached at that it's unfair to generalize, it's hatred to disagree.

There's little doubt that there is a pervasive and repeating thread among modern Christians that does condemn gays, et. al.

How many churches use the word "abomination" when referring to homosexuals?

Ask Mr. Webster and he will tell you that word means: "a thing that causes disgust or hatred."

It is not rare.

There are a few Christians who do not accede to that hatred, and I can only say thank God for that.

Calling Christianity and Christians to task for these facts is not hatred or intolerance.
edit on 23Wed, 03 Sep 2014 23:01:11 -050014p112014966 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: kaylaluv

How much of an Insane Liar must someone be to actually say something like this with a straight face???

Westboro is so far to the Right that their own website states that they view the "Religious Right" as being "second in evil only to the modern day Sadducees (i.e., bleeding heart liberals)." Yet, you're seriously going to make the claim that they are Progressive Democrats!!

LOL

You are seriously lacking any credibility after making a statement like that.

I wonder. .. If I found the most obnoxious, progressive dirt-bag. . . . could I then label all progressive liberal democrats according to what that specific douche-potato was saying?

After reading your other statements you've made so far I doubt you even know what the hell a "progressive liberal democrat" even is. But even if you could find one, I doubt you'd have any trouble labeling them in whatever negative way you could dream up since it's never seemed to stop you before regardless of how incorrect the label may be.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

?????? Oh now Beezer, you disappoint me. I thought that you were better than that.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

So I would be wrong in making a blanket statement like that?

It would be incorrect of me to make a determination on a whole group of people based on just one or two individuals?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

So I would be wrong in making a blanket statement like that?

It would be incorrect of me to make a determination on a whole group of people based on just one or two individuals?

Well, the list of nutjobs out there who want to stone gay people because: bible! is getting longer by the day, sadly. Here's my contribution - 'Pastor' .David Manning

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If it is wrong, if it is grossly inappropriate for me to make blanket statements on an entire group of people based on just a few, then it should be equally inappropriate and wrong for people to judge Christianity based on the opinions of just a vocal few.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: beezzer

Wow. I can't believe you just posted that.

Just. WOW.

I didn't realize how closed-minded you are, beezzer, until this thread, and this post in particular.

I'm closed-minded. Yet you seem to participate in many Christian-bashing threads.

Basing your opinion on an entire group based on just a few, are we?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

If it is wrong, if it is grossly inappropriate for me to make blanket statements on an entire group of people based on just a few, then it should be equally inappropriate and wrong for people to judge Christianity based on the opinions of just a vocal few.

I don't think that's happening. You're always going to get intolerant people, some of whom are self-hating. My contribution, David Manning is, I very much fear, mad because he's constantly ranting about black people - and he's black himself! However, some of the Christian preachers who have been mentioned in this thread have quite a high profile in their community.
I think that the other problem is that there's a lot of hypocrisy involved. These people stand up and shout a lot about sin/gay people/abortions/people stirring their tea in the wrong direction, but when they get called up on it they act as if they're being persecuted. Which does actually fit their agenda. The problem is that they don't realise that other people don't want to live in a theocracy, which is the only logical destination for these 'pastors'.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

My whole point was (as a Christian) to be labeled as such based on a few is equally wrong to judge a political ideology based solely on a few.

Have I made blanket judgments in the past? Yes.

So as a guilty party, I am especially qualified (lol) to see the same blanket judgments being made about a religion based on the viewpoints of a few.

Yes they are ignorant of so many things.

But we can replace Christianity and put in progressive, conservative. . . . any label, name/group that you'd like.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: jtma508
See? Who says we need to wait for ISIS to show up? We've got the same thing here already.

When these pastors take to the streets and start beheading people and murdering babies and etc, then there will be a comparison... until then, we have absolutely nothing like ISIS anywhere in the west.

Thank you. I was wondering how long this thread was going to go with comparing the ISIS to the United States. There is NO comparison at all!

As far as the homosexual discussion....easy.....hate the sin not the sinner.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

See? Who says we need to wait for ISIS to show up? We've got the same thing here already.

When these pastors take to the streets and start beheading people and murdering babies and etc, then there will be a comparison... until then, we have absolutely nothing like ISIS anywhere in the west.

Thank you. I was wondering how long this thread was going to go with comparing the ISIS to the United States. There is NO comparison at all!

What exactly does 'Hate the sin and not the sinner' mean in terms of gay people?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

What exactly does 'Hate the sin and not the sinner' mean in terms of gay people?

In terms of gay people? why not all people who sin? Simple......hate all sin but not the sinner. According to the OT being homosexual is against God's law. If you have a problem with that then take it up with him personally.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

My issue with that is only God can judge.

People can't, and shouldn't.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

In terms of gay people? why not all people who sin? Simple......hate all sin but not the sinner. According to the OT being homosexual is against God's law. If you have a problem with that then take it up with him personally.

I'm an atheist. I'd also like to point out that according to 'God's Law' it's illegal for me to eat bacon, have sex with a menstruating woman, eat shellfish, plant more than one kind of seed in one field, mix meat and dairy products (no cheeseburgers in other words - oh noes!), be uncircumcised, work on the Sabbath and be an atheist in the first place. Come on, don't be ridiculous. Those are the rules of a Bronze-age people. Surely we have advanced beyond that?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I'm an atheist. I'd also like to point out that according to 'God's Law' it's illegal for me to eat bacon, have sex with a menstruating woman, eat shellfish, plant more than one kind of seed in one field, mix meat and dairy products (no cheeseburgers in other words - oh noes!), be uncircumcised, work on the Sabbath and be an atheist in the first place. Come on, don't be ridiculous. Those are the rules of a Bronze-age people. Surely we have advanced beyond that?

There are many laws from God and you named a few. Clearly you have never met him nor do you believe. That is fine with me. Not everyone belongs in paradise.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join