It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: US Consulate in Saudi Arabia attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Gunmen have attacked the US consulate in the Saudi Arabian city of Jeddah. They apparently threw explosives from a car before entering the building. No Americans had been taken hostage or wounded but that two members of the local staff had been injured.

news.bbc.co.uk
At least seven people are reported to have died after gunmen stormed the US consulate in the Saudi city of Jeddah.

The Saudi interior ministry said three gunmen were killed and two more arrested as security forces gained control of the compound.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Is this be an isolated incident or the start of a concerted campaign against US interests around the world?

The Saudi interior minister has called the fighters 'a gang affiliated to the deviant group', meaning Islamic militants although which particular group is not yet clear.

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.reuters.com

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Pretty unsuccesfull raid by them gunmen.....

Not really isolated because in the last 2-3 years more than just a few raids have happened to try scare westerners in general off saoudi soil.

I think however that we might experience a campaign to single out global american government interests as opposed to Bali bombing to strike fear in all westerners.

Especially in Europe I would expect increase of attacks on American embassies, companies, factories etc. The terrorists could be well aware that too many generalized attacks on European citizens would ultimately have us unwillingly siding with the Bush crusade. Even the horrible bombing in spain could be called surgical because an strategic objective was achieved: Bush supporter Aznar had to go.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The last poster makes it sound like it's all the fault of the U.S.A. for the occurence of international Islamic terrorism. It is my opinion this is BS. Just take a look at Holland and Germany. They see whats coming and want the Muslims out of there countries.
We in the U.S. did not invite the radical Muslims to attack our nation, this they took upon themselves. It is not self evident what the intentions of the Muslim community really are. Very simply put it is called world domination and this is being carried out through force. In order for them to suceed in this endevador they first must destroy the ruling empire and that happens to be the U.S.A.. Once we are destroyed either by military or econimic means they will subjucate the rest of the planet.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It does not surprised me, bin-laden very clearly encourage this type of things, I will not be surprised is more of thise type of attacks agains US interest in the middle east become an everyday thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You are correct, the usa government would have to share the honour of jumpstarting islamic terrorism with israel. You didn't invite them, but your corporate sponsored government globally invited itselve for many decades by means of bribes, marketfixiong, wars and assasinations? Speaking of world-domination.....

The American people for long time didn't notice because it was all happening in far away countries, internet was still DARPA laboraties and the geographical knowledge of the average american was very limited and as long a third car and a second house could be bought, why bother contemplating how that wealth was made? that there in order to live in a country with civil rights and soaptelevision, the civilrights of many other people on this planet were violated ?

Still that pales to wealth of the big usa corporate players who can operate above your law your american values and your holy scripture, just like Saoudi princes.

As a dutch guy I am concerned about our muslimpopulation getting inflamed by the usa government policies, wich drives moderate people into the extremist arms....

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So, how was Theo Van Gogh part of this U.S.A. policy?

You are over generalizing.

Europe is not safe, no matter what happens between the U.S. and the Islamic terrorists.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
But, if Europe is not safe, then where are people supposed to go? I mean, France didn't help us attack, and I don't think Britain are with us either. So why on Earth would Europe not be safe? Germany is against us, right? So wouldn't Europe be safe?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You can�t �go� anywhere!

You can�t run away and hide.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's not a matter of guys wearing white or black hats, just because because many Europeans critisize the guy with the white hat doesn't mean we are sided nor safe from the guy with the black hat, cause there are indeed a few individuals that think that attacking the usa is lacks ambition and want to have the Sharia as worldwide law. After 9/11 many (understandable) angry Americans have taken the thought that allmost every muslim in the world is supporter for that goal and the means to make it happen, while many muslims just hoping they could get more democracy in their countries, wich issue is put under the carpet by their government by spinning the arab-israeli obsession in front of their eyes.

I think amercans could still have a decent lifestyle witout having to force control on the resources of the world, only a few billionaires would have their bankaccounts reduced to multi-millionaire because less JDAMS can be sold.

I think actively supporting peace in israel does more for thwarting islam terrorism than starting new wars in the region. That would take the immediate sting out and also could lead to more democracy in the middle-east in general

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lemme ask ya'll this... during the cold war, BOTH the US and CCCP used smaller countries as pawns, right?

Let's make a quick list of the major hotspots during the time:

1.Vietnam
2. Korea
3. Afghanistan
4. Israel

Well damn, lookit that, it's familiar! Southeast asia, the middle east, and north korea, the biggest problem spots in the world are in there. Let's see if I can boil this down for you, since people are atrophied when it comes to history.

A) Almost all of SouthEast Asia has a great hatred of the US, due to the Vietnam war and the aftershocks thereof. Mayeb that's why virulently anti-American Islam has flourished there!

B) The Americans used extreme Islam to combat the Russian influence in Afghanistan, training Osama Bin Laden, and giving him plenty of fun munitions.

C) the CCCP used anti-semetic extreme Islam to try to obliterate the state of Isreal, after seeing it as a foothold in the region. Durign this time, both sides gave huge amounts of munitions to everyone.

Gee, thanks superpowers. You screwed up the world for the rest of us.

DE

new topics

top topics

join