It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greedy Board Members Fire Good Guy CEO - Employees & Customers Rally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
See, this is what happens when people come together to get something done. No government needed, no unions needed. People make or break a business (ANY business...and you know, our governments are businesses too) with their wallets- play this crappy system by its own rules, and defeat it.

IMO (not so humble, either), This solution applied to the problem up in the N.E. US can be implemented to adjust our entire governmental situation. Don't like your government (bosses/owners etc), stop paying them (we pay our governments with our taxes).

Story

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow that is awesome a reply to: Hushabye

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I agree with you, stay humble to the MANY more people that do the main bulk of the work. Its not hard or difficult to just talk abut something at the manager/politician level compared to do the people who actually work 8 hours a day and physically too, i have great respect for builders, they work out side in the rain all day what does the CEO of the company get? twice the pay or more for a few hours at best, maybe a few emails for the rest of the day?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Really awesome story! But unfortunately a rare exception. Most people just don't care enough. I hate unions and greedy corps. But sometimes the other side is your best interest. Millions of people benefit from greedy CEOs in the form of their 401k going up and millions benefit from labor unions. I think there is a better answer and your article proves. A hospital in Salanis, CA laid off a bunch of staff while the CEO got a $127k raise totaling $600k salary. So can you blame the unions? CA hospitals are some of the most profitable in the country even with staffing ratios and high pay.

This is one of my favorite articles and it's really what we need in America.
www.rationalrevolution.net...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Oh, I know. So sad. I posted this to show that it is possible...if only we want it.

Obviously, we do not want to fix our eff'd up government; otherwise we would.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye
I live in Massachusetts and this has been daily News for most of the Summer. I am so glad the former CEO Artie T is back. It is amazing how the customers and workers stood together and prevailed.

Money should not Rule the World.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Absolutely awesome!

Pay close attention folks, this is how good things will get done in the future. I mean, it's common knowledge now that votes count far less than dollars and our govt has been sold out for years. This way lies greatness.

"You can't fire customers, we quit!"

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The only sad part of the story is those greedy bastards got $1.5 billion in the sale.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Good for them......This is how America could and should work. The 1% had better wake up fast the times are changing people are pissed off and many are losing everything.

top topics

join