It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed robotic drones roll into Iraq soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I found this article about some ideas the pentagon have about sending armed robots into Iraq and also the idea of 'self aware satellites'. I am sure they could be very useful indeed if they work that is, i am still sceptical about using robots and stuff because they have virtually zero intelligence/ initiative.

www.military.com...

[edit on 6-12-2004 by ufo3]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm surpriced they did'nt do it already..afterall they have sent robots to mars and the moon,Iraq is just behind the corner..

It was claimed that UFO's had been spotted in Bagdad,robots is the obvious next step ...then come the aleins ...I suppose...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The development of robots for military use is going to be the new trend of warfare. Here are some others from earlier this year,
Robotic Armored Assault System (RAAS)

And people just keep asking, whats next...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I made a post on this on the first page, you can still see it if you look at the weaposn topics:
Here

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
posted here last week

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Only if people used the SEARCH button or scanned the first few pages before posting, nothing new though, I wonder about these shots:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
war is going to become pointless.then again, war IS pointless.
I mean, if both sides has robots, and more robots on the way, how is war EVER going to be solved?

and youknow it. other countries will make robots, to fight. well all get to join the army, and sit back @ home on our couch, controling "ourselves" ( the robot)

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Only if people used the SEARCH button or scanned the first few pages before posting, nothing new though, I wonder about these shots:

those are computer generated you can tell thy are because the Sun wouldn't hit all three of them like that considering how dark the metal is.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
war is going to become pointless.then again, war IS pointless.
I mean, if both sides has robots, and more robots on the way, how is war EVER going to be solved?

and youknow it. other countries will make robots, to fight. well all get to join the army, and sit back @ home on our couch, controling "ourselves" ( the robot)

Lets send young kids into battle instead thats better then a robot.

Robots are not going to replace humans on the battlefield it would just cost to much. But they will save human lives. They will be used in areas were it is too dangerous for a human. Instead of sending a 19 yr old into a cave to clear it out they will send in a robot.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus

looks like something from terminator

new topics

top topics

join