It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian 6 cyl hemi info needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I've read up on the 6 cyl hemi that Chrysler had in the 60's,pretty impressive! Any info on the availability of them,will they fit the american block,so on?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

You'd need to find some leads and scour the internet really. Maybe hit up import shops, look for places that specialize is engines.
When I bought my RB25DET for my Skyline a few years back it took me a while to find it at a decent price, I live in Canada and luckily found one in several parts locally. But most were being sold in Australia, west coast of Canada and of course Japan. Judging from the age tho, you'd most likely be looking at a nice little rebuild, people never let little gems like that out of their hands in good condition.
Hit up your local salvage yards / junk yards, look at local ads, kijiji, etc.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I read a mopar muscle write up on that engine a while back, looked like a cool car and engine. Allways wondered why they never offered it in the states.

The slant six was pretty popular and I have no doubt a hemi option would have sold pretty good. When I get home I'll see if I still have that issue and read up on it again.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
the aussie hemi 245 and 265 will fit into the american chrysler/dodge, have fitted a 245 hemi into a dodge dart no problem.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

www.hemiperformance.com.au...

Will definitely fit as said

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
1970's actually but so what...

Great engine... #4 of engines ive owned. (1-earlytoyota1UZFE, 2-Rover v8 (p76 derivative), 3-currentLS3, 4- 265 6pac hemi).... (thats assessed as an all round engine... not just power etc)

Shouldnt be a problem to fit to any US chrysler vehicle/trans.

Look up the E49 six pac for the ultimate version of this motor.
265ci triple sidedraught webbers extractors electronic ignition etc...

Also as a FYI... lookup 70's Bathurst race in australia... and E49... wet dreams stuff...

Sorry cant link at the moment ... on the run...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eyeinoz
but will the head itself fit? I know I'd need the manifolds too,but is the head interchangable?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk
Neat! I see they are really proud of these goodies too.800 for a head is a bit pricey just to have something a bit different tho.

top topics

join