It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, wake up!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Having come through a time where I believed the message shown in the OP...absolutely...every time I am reminded of it, I slip, just a little more into second-guessing my return to this 'reality'...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Congrats, you totally creeped me out and made me question my existence!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Reminds me of a certain episode of Futurama...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I really hope what I'm writing right now gets through to someone as I have been forced to become aware of the abyss that I have been existing in my whole life and I have been struggling on the cusp between pure reality and complete insanity.

The problem that we as humanity all face, is a form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Mine was particularly bad as I loved to wallow in my misery and spent a good two years of my life almost numb to all real experience. We all at some point due to various reasons get stressed out and get caught up. This could be caused by anything. Major life events like the death of a family member or a debilitating accident. A major event happening within your social circles. Pretty much any aspect of your life you have an emotional investment in will cause you stress if the positivity that source feeds you is disrupted.

Now most people can accept this and are able to move on from large things as they have tons of support systems to cope.

When many fail to realize is that our OCD invades all aspects of our mind. I began to notice all of my ticks and the reasons for them. Every behavior that a "asleep" or unconsciously living human being will make is based off of a need or desire to make things better. I feel sick I must find a way to make it better. The traffic is bad I must find a way to get around. I'm bored I need something to do. I have to pee, I need to go to the store, I need to impress my friends, I need to show the world that I am a good person. I need, I need, I need, I want, I want, I want, I wish, If only.

The desires exist for everything that we do.

"waking up" is noticing the abyss staring back at you and being completely okay with it

Everything will follow with Faith

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

If it said, "Please wake up! You owe us money!" I might start to feel my skin crawl! Glad it's not me they're trying to reach

I came across this pic not long ago and it definitely made me stop and think. Very intriguing! Would be a great exercise to show this message in philosophy class or creative writing maybe.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I came across this pic not long ago and it definitely made me stop and think. Very intriguing! Would be a great exercise to show this message in philosophy class or creative writing maybe.

I agree, that was my thought as well. However, I believe it would make a greater impact if you happened to just "stumble" over it. Perhaps if the lecturer snuck the picture in between slides in a presentation.

Would certainly be very interesting to hear reactions from such an experience.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I love seeing the replies from the people who are able to wrap their heads around the idea that we are all just one lonely consciousness, that divided into many, one of them being you reading this. If you think about this theory long enough, free will and destiny become the same thing.

Anyways, I figured I'd share this poem that wrote its self on the idea, from my hand. It was after the poem was finished that I realized the first word in each sentence, makes a great title for it.

Living fruitfully is a fertilizer of death, nothing living can claim it's very breath.
A Thrust of awareness in time with sense, in a spec of something that's limitless dense.
Vibration of any will affect all tides, making a box with unconnected sides.
Of a limited chord in a vast array, all harmonize and create all more to play.
Individual without others has not a claim, solid put in motion makes no point the same.
Variances in this multiplied relation, gives awareness it's scientific creation.
As any place will never center, Spiral now from spring to winter.
One of give with one of take, mirrors a nothing with a something and then a shake.
Limited with limitless expanse, the need to fold back is not by chance.
By reaching out while further rushing back, any part erases any start there to track.
None always leaving something wanting more, a world of people with a lonely single core.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Free will is a myth.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Both freewill and destiny, based on my limited wisdom seem to be either an illusion or improperly defined. Though I could easily be wrong because the current understanding of the two opposing philosophies leaves them currently untestable.

If we truly are all just one lonely consciousness, then in some way we choose our ignorance and failures we seemed destine to experience. Freewill in destiny and the destiny of those choices.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonMystic
*Pinches arm really hard!*

Back in the day reading stuff like this used to give me one of those "aware" moments. You know, where you are suddenly aware that you are a living breathing person encased in flesh and you hold your hands in front of your face and wiggle your fingers thinking, "hmmm. This really is quite extraordinary."

Now for the sake of my sanity I just laugh and try not to blow things out of proportion. I have to shut my mind off sometimes and stop stressing over what I am, who I am, where I really come, if my reality is just a big dream or whether or not I'm a higher conscious awareness just experiencing this life as a simpleton.

These days I feel I just have to live my life and I try to remind myself that whether or not there is more to me or this reality, right now, this is what I know. It is fun to ponder all the possibilities but somewhere in-between looking for all the answers I stopped enjoying just being a person. Now I'm trying to establish a middle ground somewhere, which is surprisingly hard to do once you let your mind loose on the bigger concepts.

I just had to fricken sign up for this site so I could talk to you about this. Lol. You're the first person I've met that has this happen to them. It happens to me sometimes, and I've never been able to put it into words and explain it to someone else.

Anyways, I was just wondering if you know some things you can do to make it happen more often or something. I love the feeling. It's like you understand that life is unexplainable and amazing. And your senses are all in tune at once and you can appreciate everything going on around you.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Droogie

That's cool; I Stumble[d]upon this very same image. It made me think too. Lol, it's just so random that you can't help but to consider it for a moment.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ExtremeAwareness
It's really easy for introverts. Basically, in meditation, you let your thoughts pass, but to achieve what you want, you cling on to one thought, known as "chasing the rabbit," and explore it deeply and intensely, and referring to everything using infinite metaphors of different things.

Like music and culinary arts, both require balance, just like martial arts and nature, and painting, and all express the feelings of whatever created them.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExtremeAwareness

I just had to fricken sign up for this site so I could talk to you about this. Lol. You're the first person I've met that has this happen to them. It happens to me sometimes, and I've never been able to put it into words and explain it to someone else.

Anyways, I was just wondering if you know some things you can do to make it happen more often or something. I love the feeling. It's like you understand that life is unexplainable and amazing. And your senses are all in tune at once and you can appreciate everything going on around you.

Hey ExtremeAwareness, (love the user name btw! ;D) I'm sure you will find that we are not alone. Both me and my mother experience this, and my mother also gets very strong empathic bursts.

Sadly no I do not know how exactly to induce this magical experience. You are right it is like everything falls together, just briefly, but also like everything becomes so simple and you just experience the true meaning of "being in the moment."

Lynk3's suggestions sound very informative. I too would have suggested going to a quiet place and testing out various methods of meditation. I myself still need to try meditation more often. But I tend to procrastinate a lot lol and I am a very fidgety person and find it hard to just unwind. This sudden burst of "awareness" is also totally sporadic! Often reading certain things or hearing certain sounds would trigger it. But I'm not really sure what the next trigger will be or when it will happen. I've considered that maybe it is like a temporary bridge being formed between you and your higher self; you temporarily are in complete "sync." But that is just speculation on my part, of course.

I wish I could offer you more answers but I really am in the same boat as you.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Hey ExtremeAwareness, (love the user name btw! ;D) I'm sure you will find that we are not alone. Both me and my mother experience this, and my mother also gets very strong empathic bursts.

Sadly no I do not know how exactly to induce this magical experience. You are right it is like everything falls together, just briefly, but also like everything becomes so simple and you just experience the true meaning of "being in the moment."

Lynk3's suggestions sound very informative. I too would have suggested going to a quiet place and testing out various methods of meditation. I myself still need to try meditation more often. But I tend to procrastinate a lot lol and I am a very fidgety person and find it hard to just unwind. This sudden burst of "awareness" is also totally sporadic! Often reading certain things or hearing certain sounds would trigger it. But I'm not really sure what the next trigger will be or when it will happen. I've considered that maybe it is like a temporary bridge being formed between you and your higher self; you temporarily are in complete "sync." But that is just speculation on my part, of course.

I wish I could offer you more answers but I really am in the same boat as you.

Thank you(and Lynk3). Like you said, it only happens at completely random times. However, I noticed that when it does happen, it usually happens a couple times within that same week or so. I like how you describe it as being in "sync". It's like you're actually connected to your body and consciousness on an equal level. Instead of looking with your eyes, you're seeing with your soul.

Well thanks for taking the time to reply guys. I'll have to explore this "chasing the rabbit" technique. Also, do you guys know if there's a word to describe the feeling? When I try and search stuff like this up, I get results for depersonalization and crap.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

It's like you're actually connected to your body and consciousness on an equal level. Instead of looking with your eyes, you're seeing with your soul.

Exactly!

Well thanks for taking the time to reply guys. I'll have to explore this "chasing the rabbit" technique. Also, do you guys know if there's a word to describe the feeling? When I try and search stuff like this up, I get results for depersonalization and crap.

Depersonalization? Well that's frustrating lol. I have never really taken the time to do many searches on it. I kind of just assumed most people had experienced this in some way. But, having looked around, the closest I can come to finding something that loosely describes it is Present Moment Awareness. The page I'm sharing is a bit "New Agey" but the concept of being fully aware within the present moment has been around for eons. Usually, from what I can gather, this is an achieved state of being. But some of us must somehow temporarily lapse into this state naturally through "triggers" that connect to us on a subconscious level, perhaps.

This part taken from the LINK

"The present moment is always so simple. Its simplicity is masked by the egoic mind - wanting to get to some imaginary point in the future (as if the future will bring more happiness than anything could now) , or reliving the past (as if this is more important than now).

Present moment awareness is the end of the ego and end of illusion. Be aware that it knows this, and will resist you staying present.

So many of our problems, traumas, anxieties, fears etc. are all based in our minds, in time - dwelling in the past, or conditioned by the past and then negatively anticipating "the future".

Time exists only in the mind. It keeps you from the conscious presence that is who you already are, only available within the present moment."

*Edited to add a few thoughts.
edit on 692014 by MoonMystic because: Added thoughts

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: blindprometheus
a reply to: Restricted

Both freewill and destiny, based on my limited wisdom seem to be either an illusion or improperly defined. Though I could easily be wrong because the current understanding of the two opposing philosophies leaves them currently untestable.

If we truly are all just one lonely consciousness, then in some way we choose our ignorance and failures we seemed destine to experience. Freewill in destiny and the destiny of those choices.

I learned free will is a myth when I had a psychotic break and saw the true nature of the world. Many will discount the experience because it was a product of mental illness, but I disagree. I saw the ugly underbelly of the universe and it is terrifying.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Depersonalization? Well that's frustrating lol. I have never really taken the time to do many searches on it. I kind of just assumed most people had experienced this in some way. But, having looked around, the closest I can come to finding something that loosely describes it is Present Moment Awareness. The page I'm sharing is a bit "New Agey" but the concept of being fully aware within the present moment has been around for eons. Usually, from what I can gather, this is an achieved state of being. But some of us must somehow temporarily lapse into this state naturally through "triggers" that connect to us on a subconscious level, perhaps.

This part taken from the LINK

"The present moment is always so simple. Its simplicity is masked by the egoic mind - wanting to get to some imaginary point in the future (as if the future will bring more happiness than anything could now) , or reliving the past (as if this is more important than now).

Present moment awareness is the end of the ego and end of illusion. Be aware that it knows this, and will resist you staying present.

So many of our problems, traumas, anxieties, fears etc. are all based in our minds, in time - dwelling in the past, or conditioned by the past and then negatively anticipating "the future".

Time exists only in the mind. It keeps you from the conscious presence that is who you already are, only available within the present moment."

*Edited to add a few thoughts.

Really? Because whenever I explain it to someone or ask them about it, they kind of look at me like I'm crazy. But thank you for the link. I haven't read the entire thing yet, but from what I have read - it seems to be along the lines of what I was looking for.

Anyways, the only downside to that feeling, is that it makes me want to drop school/work/everything. It makes me want to drop it all so I can go out and live. Travel the world and live doing whatever. It doesn't matter if I have an expensive house and car. after experiencing one of those moments, I just want to explore the planet up and down, and view the beauty of nature.

edit on 6-9-2014 by ExtremeAwareness because: I messed up the quote. Derp

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Its just some joke to mess with people

I just noticed if I focus on trying to wake yourself up, trying to remember a real self that is not this one when I am already awake it gives me a tingling feeling in my brain and body as if it is changing my brainwave state. Either that or i am changing my blood pressure levels.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Source Link isn't working for me. Can you please check and post any alternative link or just upload the pic itself?
Thanks!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ExtremeAwareness

Well admittedly, I'm not sure if this is something I have really brought up with many people. As I said before my mother gets the same thing, and I know my bestie has experienced something similar. Other than that I tend not to bring up these sorts of topics with my friends because it isn't their thing. Today I asked my co-worker about it and she didn't know what I meant either. So maybe it is less common than I thought!

Anyway, I have sent you a PM to avoid taking the thread too off topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join