It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS as an Opportunity for Global Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Mutual paranoia, fear and hatred can often be a very powerful unifying force. It might not work for the total sum of humankind, but it does for those people who are into that kind of thing. Giving that ISIS is Islamic and Islam is the religion of surrender to the will of Allah, this presents a great opportunity for spreading the ideology of individualism and liberty through a new private society.

If you took the allegory of Islam as an enemy to individualism and created a system of degrees based around the understanding and operation of individual liberty and freedom, you could free people, not just from the dangers of Islam, but from the dangers of all sects of the Abrahamic faith, using Islam as a proxy for the war against Monotheism in general.

Without requiring any member to renounce their faith, you simply mix their scriptural teachings with your own ideology so that instead of prostrating themsevles before a superior god, they begin acting like gods in the making, developing their own latent talents, and engineering their own lives until they become a collaborative author of their own universe.

Just look at the occult sciences that A.A. get its members to perform everyday. As an organization for sobriety, it is no better than the normal background statistics, but as an occult organization getting people to surrender their freedom and individuality to a strict hierarchy, it is incredibly effective. Alcoholism is just the surface excuse for the formation of that society, just like ISIS could be the excuse to organize and gather a new clustering of humankind.

It is time we turned this pyramid over onto its head. Until we start thinking like the Old World Order, we can never hope to beat them. And, looking at the initiation rates for organizations like Rosicrucianism, Free Masonry, A.A., and the Knights of Columbus (peaceful my ass), it looks like they are losing ground that is ours to gain.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Don't hold your breath....

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
so youre advocating being killed or forced into someone else's belief system?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

No.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Actually, to stress individualism as an ideology and say "we" as opposed to "I" is a bit contradictory.

"We" is a collective, which you use in your post and assumes(?) everyone else hold similar views- or at least enough to overwhelm the remainder- without which you would create even more disagreement/discourse than already exists.

Assuming you don't live in the Northwest Territories, 1000 K from any other human where you can fully indulge every individualistic and libertarian whim, you, like me, enjoy the fruits of a developed society. laptop, good food, music so on,
Then a co-operative moral code becomes mandatory.

These pretty much originate in religion and tend to be Christian based. Many prefer the balance between liberty and a moral code. It allows some of both rather than an either/or scenario. ( Certainly, none have come out of the Humanist camp that I'm aware of that are worth mentioning.)

Isis seems to be an enforcement of an already restrictive moral code and you suggest swinging the pendulum in the opposite direction as Isis want it in the other.

I hazard to guess the majority prefer balance over either extreme.

Once again, don't hold your breath..

edit on 3-9-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I have never in my life held my breath except when in the depths of water.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

That's a good place to hold ones breath...LOL.

Never did a doobie?....

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

oh, stoner culture. Sure, I've smoked some weed. Not my favorite thing in the universe: doing somersaults somewhere near the orbit of Jupiter. Weed acts as a hallucinatory agent on me and it makes me sleepy, anxious and hungry. I honestly don't see why people like it so much.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Agreed. It's been 40 years since I bothered with it. It's nothing but an artificial means to achieve what can be done 'naturally'.

Bottom line is it diminishes ability rather than enhances them....

new topics

top topics

join