It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair gets GQ philanthropist of year award

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

And doesn't he look comfortable holding it.

Many social media users mocked Mr Blair's award, with the disbelief later matched when Kim Kardashian picked up GQ’s Woman of the Year award.

Labour MP John Mann criticised the decision, arguing it “sends out the wrong message”. “This sort of award should go to an unsung hero who has given up their time for charity,” he told the Daily Mail.
www.telegraph.co.uk... " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.telegraph.co.uk...

There's only one award I'd give him , an all expenses paid one way trip to the Hague

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
He likes to give lots, he with bush donated Iraq to ISIS

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Sickening really isn't it?.
A slap in the face to all the people who help others in their work or private time.
I never bought that mag anyhow so I will not lose any sleep on what they think.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Tony Blair, the war criminal who is now peace envoy to Iraq.

You really couldn't make it up.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I don't know what's more plastic?
The award or the #unt holding it!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yeah also sickening is how Alastair Campbell the infamous right hand man to Blair who bullied the press and media resulting in DG of BBC resigning and a reporter being sacked over the sexing up of the dodgy dossier on Iraq is still paid by the BBC to go on TV and radio

Never been a target from Muslim extremists either? Very strange I would persume he would be a soft target while he's out jogging

As for Tony Blair making him Middle East peace envoy was just classic!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That's exactly what he deserves and the sooner the b etter. I saw his lecture on the danger from Islam itself and the extremists its produces so he knows eactly what he has helped create and I suspect he also knows he will be on top of their hit list if they go for thode Saudis who also should be heading to the Hague IMHO.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So I guess lil kimmie in n. korea gets the nobel peace prize this year as well ..
Are you sure its not some sick joke tony blair getting a prize for philanthropy ???? ..
edit on 3/9/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
A failed politician who then gets caught cottaging and is subsequently fast tracked to the top.

And who says that nice guys always finish last?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm sure the global puppet string pullers do this as they find it amusing,making him Middle East peace envoy while so many millions marched globally against the war in Iraq is frankly a slap in the face

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Simply put, you can't polish a turd!

No amount of awards for these psychos and criminals will wash the blood from their hands. The fact that they can get away with it, and even massively profit from the death and suffering they created, shows just what a screwed up world we are living in.

Still, helps to have some good spin doctors on hand to embellish things and paint a rosy picture. I think, in just about every article I read about Blair these days, that allows reader comments, nobody has a good thing to say about him, even Dailymail readers!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Did the Oxford dictionary alter its definition of ''philanthropy'' for that one.

The guy who trashed the UK economy, NHS, culture, the hopes and dreams of the people and gave us crazy immigration levels, invitations to cultural time bombs and wars, then buggered off to the states glamming it up Hollywood style and probably shafting the world further as a Middle East ''peace envoy'' is a ''philanthropist''?!

If it was a sarcastic award it would be funny.

Though when you consider that GQ made Kim Kardashian ''woman of the year'' that says it all.

No wonder he looks uneasy holding that, the satan inside him is squirming.
edit on 3-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Philanthropy?

The idiocy of this award being given to Tony Blair is of such staggering scale, that it resists belief in its entirety. First of all, philanthropy, the giving of money and support to charity, is all very well, but it means nothing if first you ensure that millions of people are in need of it. His actions toward the people of the UK, and the people of Iraq for that matter, have made poor situations much worse, consistently. The man is a disaster zone for the powerless, because all that he touches decays in an eyeblink.

His "New Labour" ideal was an appeasement to absorb former Tory voters, an appeasement which he continued in policy, thus damaging our country, while starting to ruin the economy, ably assisted by that porridge faced idiot, Gordon Brown. He also presided over the sale of the soul of this nation, in diving headlong into an illegal invasion of Iraq, for reasons which had nothing to do with those stated in the media, and everything to do with his hatred of all things outside the Christian faith. He is a dirty Crusader bastard, and gives a bad name to people of the Christian faith everywhere with his awful warmongering, and barely veiled xenophobia.

Personally, I might throw him in a river if he was on fire, but only in the hopes of him drowning, or going into hypothermic shock.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
He looks like he's expecting a dart coated in riacin from the Belgian umbrella gun any moment.

The panic and infighting amongst the cabal has reached epic proportions. Its a miracle he's out in public.

The cabal controlled media is pulling out all the stops trying to portray satanic pyschos as normal human beings.

The last big joke was the movie about Rumsfeld. Their day of reckoning is near.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
GQ.

It's a men's fashion rag.

Who cares what they think?

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Does GQ stand for Generally Questionable? because that's how I feel about this decision.

While they're at it they may as well give Keith Richards a 'lifetime sobriety' award.

I don't blame the guy for donating money to worthy causes but he is not doing it purely out of kindness, it's quid pro quo. The money that he 'donates' is a means for him to buy himself a ticket to redemption and the only time that he'll every come close to a charity that he supports is for a photo op.

It's a kick in the jewels to those who have made significant contributions in the community.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Don't tell me, next month Bushie will get "Artist of the Century" Award.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Real? an war criminal and a fraud gets an reward? why isnt he in Jail along with Clinton and others?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I personally believe he commissioned an artist to do the paintings for the Bush Family in order to generate an news story.

new topics

top topics

join